News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Parents pride thread

Started by Siz, January 27, 2012, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on January 29, 2012, 08:06:08 AM
Mini-Tanks are all big, in other words..?

Always wondered, and it may sound rather politically incorrect, but don't the "before" and "after" pictures make you feel... Old?
Sort of. But I have found that I sort of stopped getting older in my head at about 25. Since then my body has got older but I don't feel 'I' have got as old. If that makes any sense.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on January 29, 2012, 08:23:42 AM

Always wondered, and it may sound rather politically incorrect, but don't the "before" and "after" pictures make you feel... Old?
Sort of. But I have found that I sort of stopped getting older in my head at about 25. Since then my body has got older but I don't feel 'I' have got as old. If that makes any sense.

Hmm.. I suppose it does make sense. With me though, the process hasn't stopped or even slow down. The Asmo is getting all wrinkled and leathery on the inside at an even faster rate than on the outside  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on January 29, 2012, 08:23:42 AM

Tank, I am the exact same way!  In my head I'm sort of perpetually 23, but the rest of me insists on getting older.  Stupid rest of me!  Get with the program!

Tank and Pudding, your children were beautiful.  And Tank, your daughter as an adult is lovely!

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 29, 2012, 03:14:38 PM
  And Tank, your daughter as an adult is lovely!
Thank you. Did you see the wedding thread?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on January 29, 2012, 07:08:12 PM

She is lovely! And the picture of the three of them... adorable!  ;D

I haven't seen the wedding thread myself... link, please?  :) (I'm a sucker for wedding pics!)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on January 29, 2012, 07:58:21 PM

She is lovely! And the picture of the three of them... adorable!  ;D

I haven't seen the wedding thread myself... link, please?  :) (I'm a sucker for wedding pics!)

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=8279.0

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on January 29, 2012, 08:10:10 PM
Quote from: Amicale on January 29, 2012, 07:58:21 PM

She is lovely! And the picture of the three of them... adorable!  ;D

I haven't seen the wedding thread myself... link, please?  :) (I'm a sucker for wedding pics!)

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=8279.0

What gorgeous photos! I love the 60s theme! They look like they make a really sharp couple... and the dress is great, too. You must have been so proud.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on January 30, 2012, 12:04:57 AM

What gorgeous photos! I love the 60s theme! They look like they make a really sharp couple... and the dress is great, too. You must have been so proud.  ;D
I am very proud of her indeed. She has a difficult job. As a medical photographer she has to take photos of still-born babies among other pretty traumatic subject matter. There are 6 medical photographers, 4 male, 2 female and my daughter is the more empathic of the two females and the doctors know this so she does tend to get the short straw quite regularly.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 08:43:06 AM
Quote from: Amicale on January 30, 2012, 12:04:57 AM

I am very proud of her indeed. She has a difficult job. As a medical photographer she has to take photos of still-born babies among other pretty traumatic subject matter. There are 6 medical photographers, 4 male, 2 female and my daughter is the more empathic of the two females and the doctors know this so she does tend to get the short straw quite regularly.

I've never heard of a medical photographer as a profession, but it makes sense that it would exist. Interesting (and good for her!)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

What a lovely wedding!  I love your daughter's dress!

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 02:29:38 PM
What a lovely wedding!  I love your daughter's dress!
She designed it herself. It cost £800! And that's not extravagant for a hand-made dress!!

Siz

What a week!

DS (7.5) got his 'Pen license' at school.
Got to show off his tornado model in front of the whole school at assembly.
Recently moved up to his rebuilt 24" cyclocross bike at cycling club and is kicking ass on it. Is now representing club at British Schools MTB National Championship (U9 category) in April.
Skipping two belts in Karate for his first grading next week (not sure how big a deal this is, but I'm still proud).

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

BullyforBronto

I'm a proud dad. My three-year-old uttered the following today:
"I'm not a leprechaun. I'm Batman. But, I do live at the end of the rainbow."

Sandra Craft

Quote from: BullyforBronto on February 12, 2012, 12:58:24 AM

That bat cave can get so dank.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

Quote from: BullyforBronto on February 12, 2012, 12:58:24 AM

Aw. If he thinks your house is the end of the rainbow, you're doing something right!  ;D