News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Parents pride thread

Started by Siz, January 27, 2012, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Awwwwwwww.  He looks like a little Elf in that tree.  <3

OldGit

He does, doesn't he - the little ratbag. ;)

Tank

He's a very good looking lad.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

What is he, about 4 and a half or 5?  He looks a little bit larger than T.  :)  Anyway, he's a doll.

Asmodean

Git jr. jr. is quite fortunate to have a Git sr. sr. to help him in and out of trees... He may even survive until he learns the proper tumbling down techniques with no broken bones.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Quote from: AlIWhat is he, about 4 and a half or 5?  He looks a little bit larger than T.  :)  Anyway, he's a doll.

Good guess, Ali - he'll be 5 next month.

Quote from: The Grey OneGit jr. jr. is quite fortunate to have a Git sr. sr. to help him in and out of trees... He may even survive until he learns the proper tumbling down techniques with no broken bones.

Maybe. ;)

Asmodean

Quote from: OldGit on July 27, 2012, 09:36:46 AM
Maybe. ;)
Oh, if the kid is to have any sort of active life, bones will be broken. Just as long as they are not the nose... That could make a guy look like Gérard Depardieu
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on July 27, 2012, 02:08:59 PM
Quote from: OldGit on July 27, 2012, 09:36:46 AM
Maybe. ;)
Oh, if the kid is to have any sort of active life, bones will be broken. Just as long as they are not the nose... That could make a guy look like Gérard Depardieu

Eh, I dunno. When I was a little kid, I ran around and climbed everything, slid down firepoles, did gymnastic jumps and stuff (not that I was good at it). I've always had a talent for being clumsy, too. I didn't manage to break any bones, however. My kiddo will probably make up for that, she's already deliberately flung herself off the trampoline this summer (and onto the grass) "just to see if it would be soft" when she landed. Turns out, it wasn't.  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Yeah well... Some casts here and there are good for them in the long run. Strengthen the bones so when they are teenagers, they can take a harder whacking from some jealous whatever, the cops or just some asshole who wants their beer.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

You have to let them take some risks; most survive.  Without a proper upbringing, they turn into yukky people like Liberal Democrats.  ;)

Asmodean

Worse. They turn into easy to get to sensitive types.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Much the same thing.  I want Cap'n B to be a real man who eats his kittens raw.  ;)

Siz

It's OK, I've given him the lecture about winning at all costs. He won't make the same mistake again :D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Asmodean

Quote from: Scissorlegs on August 10, 2012, 11:20:46 AM
It's OK, I've given him the lecture about winning at all costs. He won't make the same mistake again :D
Good! Gold is worth more than some random nobody's gratitude.

Quote from: OldGit on August 01, 2012, 09:22:11 AM
Much the same thing.  I want Cap'n B to be a real man who eats his kittens raw.  ;)
Yes, hairy balls and all that. That's good and proper, that is.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Scissorlegs on August 10, 2012, 11:20:46 AM

Awwwwwwww!  I'm proud of him too!  What a good-hearted little guy to stop racing and help a fallen classmate.  You guys are doing something right.  :)