News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Dawkins writes book for Children

Started by DeterminedJuliet, September 09, 2011, 04:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: SisterAgatha on December 01, 2017, 04:22:28 PM
It seems highly divisive and politically driven.

Kids minds are just forming. Why would you indoctrinate them with such an offensive idea?

If I were a parent id lobby the local library to remove them from circulation

SisterAgatha

1 month of for trolling. If you come back and continue trolling the next ban will be permanent.

Tanks

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on December 01, 2017, 04:39:00 PM
It seems highly divisive and politically driven.

Kids minds are just forming. Why would you indoctrinate them with such an offensive idea?

SisterAgatha

1 month of for trolling. If you come back and continue trolling the next ban will be permanent.

Tanks

:frolic:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Of course you would.  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 02, 2017, 01:05:33 AM

And we would not visit you in the prison or psychiatric hospital - whichever they decided was appropriate. Probably the latter.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

And why aren't you a parent by now anyway?
You're not using birth control are you?
Why aren't you married with a kid for each year since you were 16?
It's what god wants of you.
You've some 'splain'n to do.

Shakes fist at Tank!!!
Now I'll have to wait a month to have my question ignored.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on December 02, 2017, 08:10:55 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 02, 2017, 01:05:33 AM

And we would not visit you in the prison or psychiatric hospital - whichever they decided was appropriate. Probably the latter.

I have a better idea... :grin:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

I just realized that SisterAgatha is not gonna answer  :sad sigh: ...well, she/he never did, so what's the difference? It's kinda like praying to a god, isn't it?  :snicker: Maybe that's where she/he learned this type of behavior.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on December 03, 2017, 03:23:47 AM
I just realized that SisterAgatha is not gonna answer  :sad sigh: ...well, she/he never did, so what's the difference? It's kinda like praying to a god, isn't it?  :snicker: Maybe that's where she/he learned this type of behavior.

What if Sister Agatha is god?

I mean let's say god is up there or wherever and she's like, "I'm so tired of these sneering atheists, I'm going join this Happy Atheist Forum as a troll and put these people in their place"!

So she decides to cover herself by claiming to be a Catholic Sister when joining the forum, however.

Turns out god is just as bad being a troll as she is a god?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on December 03, 2017, 01:08:43 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 03, 2017, 03:23:47 AM

What if Sister Agatha is god?

I mean let's say god is up there or wherever and she's like, "I'm so tired of these sneering atheists, I'm going join this Happy Atheist Forum as a troll and put these people in their place"!

So she decides to cover herself by claiming to be a Catholic Sister when joining the forum, however.

Turns out god is just as bad being a troll as she is a god?

AngelOfDeath

How come he/she gets suspended for this

Recusant

Do you think pretending to be a Catholic sister is some sort of offense against the rules of this site, AngelOfDeath? How would you categorize this offense?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on December 09, 2017, 03:55:09 AM
Do you think pretending to be a Catholic sister is some sort of offense against the rules of this site, AngelOfDeath? How would you categorize this offense?

And, celibate. Don't forget, a "celibate catholic nun."
"I think pretending to be celibate, "for 3 mos straight" is some sort of offense against the rules of this site"....I don't know, I'm just saying.  :unsure:

AngelOfDeath

LOL, i really have no idea

AngelOfDeath

lol, who knows.  could be worse

Magdalena

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 09, 2017, 05:03:41 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 09, 2017, 04:18:28 AM
Quote from: Recusant on December 09, 2017, 03:55:09 AM

And, celibate. Don't forget, a "celibate catholic nun."
"I think pretending to be celibate, "for 3 mos straight" is some sort of offense against the rules of this site"....I don't know, I'm just saying.  :unsure:

lol, who knows.  could be worse to pretend to be a promiscuous catholic nun?

No...no...Now that you mention it, maybe that's exactly what we need to attract new members.  :grin:

If we only had a promiscuous catholic father... :chin: