xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 24, 2018, 01:26:53 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 23, 2018, 01:58:19 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 23, 2018, 01:35:55 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 23, 2018, 01:26:04 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 22, 2018, 11:46:19 PM
I suddenly really want to play Minecraft.

It can be a fun way to pass some massive amounts of time.

:fixed:

:grin:

I generally do okay until I get lost while searching for villages to loot. Sometimes there's a mad dash for the open seas as darkness falls. I hate being trapped in a forest at night. Too many places for the green ones to hide and then sneak up on you.

When I play Survival Mode I like the desert biome best because you can generally see zombies and creepers from afar. However, once I discovered peaceful Creative Mode there's no going back. :grin: I can focus on building without having to worry about creepers sneaking up on my and exploding my creations.  And you can fly, too!  ;D

You should look for the mushroom biome. No monsters spawn on mycelium but you still have to take care while mining.  Few seeds out there.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on February 24, 2018, 02:35:49 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 24, 2018, 01:26:53 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 23, 2018, 01:58:19 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 23, 2018, 01:35:55 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on February 23, 2018, 01:26:04 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 22, 2018, 11:46:19 PM
I suddenly really want to play Minecraft.

It can be a fun way to pass some massive amounts of time.

:fixed:

:grin:

I generally do okay until I get lost while searching for villages to loot. Sometimes there's a mad dash for the open seas as darkness falls. I hate being trapped in a forest at night. Too many places for the green ones to hide and then sneak up on you.

When I play Survival Mode I like the desert biome best because you can generally see zombies and creepers from afar. However, once I discovered peaceful Creative Mode there's no going back. :grin: I can focus on building without having to worry about creepers sneaking up on my and exploding my creations.  And you can fly, too!  ;D

You should look for the mushroom biome. No monsters spawn on mycelium but you still have to take care while mining.  Few seeds out there.

Interesting, I never found a mushroom biome before! :tellmemore:

Buddy

I usually settle down in a plains biome. Of course I play on peaceful mode so I get the fun parts of survival without the monsters
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on February 24, 2018, 04:03:01 PM
I usually settle down in a plains biome. Of course I play on peaceful mode so I get the fun parts of survival without the monsters

Many of my mud huts were lost to creeper explosions before I figured out that was an option.  ;D

Dragonia

One of the pitfalls of being an empathic person is the deep sadness brought on by friends and loved ones facing really hard times. My heart almost physically hurts for the people I love and I can't do much to lessen their pain, but to listen and love them. I wish I could have a bag of joy and happiness and contentment that I could freely hand out.
Like a Nirvana Santa.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

jumbojak

I feel the same way too at times. What I find hurts the most is when someone is having a rough patch but shuts everyone out. My dad was like that and it didn't end well for him. Just be glad you can talk to them and offer the support you do.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

I slso know thst problem, Dragonia, but experience seems to have taught me a little of how to moderate the effect of the plight of others a little on mynown emotions. Or perhaps age has moderated things.

Whatever, it sort of comes down to a version of an old prayer, and some prayers contain relevance to the real world, "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

If you cannot actually achieve anything practical for the other person be aware of, but try not to share in, their emotional agony. Maybe adjust your attitude and behaviour to accomodate, or even fix, their reasonable needs but not at an undue cost to your own.

Not quite a true parallel but, learned from practical experience in caves and mountains - the rescuer who places themself in a dangerous position, from taking  undue risks, can be a danger to themselves and more of a liability to his or her fellows than the victim.

It is not easy, requires a sort of sensitive yet practical and pragmatic approach that ensures you always have a reserve of strength. If you give all your money and goods to the poor and needy you place yourself in the same condition.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

I didn't mean to be here.
Wife's off with daughter 2 to NZ for a sport thing.
I moved to the TV PC, do my usual lurk and I'm remembered
I will be nice, I will be nice, I will be nice to all and to No one
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dragonia

Quote from: jumbojak on February 28, 2018, 05:14:43 AM
I feel the same way too at times. What I find hurts the most is when someone is having a rough patch but shuts everyone out. My dad was like that and it didn't end well for him. Just be glad you can talk to them and offer the support you do.

I am very glad to be able to talk and try to be emotional support. It's all I can offer. Especially from afar.
And I'm sorry about your dad, JJ. Whatever it was.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 28, 2018, 12:44:12 PM
I didn't mean to be here.
Wife's off with daughter 2 to NZ for a sport thing.
I moved to the TV PC, do my usual lurk and I'm remembered
I will be nice, I will be nice, I will be nice to all and to No one
Were you bad?
Nobody complained.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dragonia on February 28, 2018, 04:41:24 AM
One of the pitfalls of being an empathic person is the deep sadness brought on by friends and loved ones facing really hard times. My heart almost physically hurts for the people I love and I can't do much to lessen their pain, but to listen and love them. I wish I could have a bag of joy and happiness and contentment that I could freely hand out.
Like a Nirvana Santa.

I see your hurt Drag, yet it doesn't drag on me.
I seek to be, I'm becoming the heartless bastard.
I will be doing classes ($7.50) if you're interested.
You get a Heartless Bastard Tee shirt on completion.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Icarus

Quote from: Dave on February 28, 2018, 05:42:04 AM
I slso know thst problem, Dragonia, but experience seems to have taught me a little of how to moderate the effect of the plight of others a little on mynown emotions. Or perhaps age has moderated things.

Whatever, it sort of comes down to a version of an old prayer, and some prayers contain relevance to the real world, "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

If you cannot actually achieve anything practical for the other person be aware of, but try not to share in, their emotional agony. Maybe adjust your attitude and behaviour to accomodate, or even fix, their reasonable needs but not at an undue cost to your own.

Not quite a true parallel but, learned from practical experience in caves and mountains - the rescuer who places themself in a dangerous position, from taking  undue risks, can be a danger to themselves and more of a liability to his or her fellows than the victim.

It is not easy, requires a sort of sensitive yet practical and pragmatic approach that ensures you always have a reserve of strength. If you give all your money and goods to the poor and needy you place yourself in the same condition.

Well done Dave. You are a bit of a sage.

I do believe that Dragonia is both a  compassionate lady and also a practical woman who has been down the road a fair distance.

Dragonia

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 28, 2018, 01:32:55 PM
Quote from: Dragonia on February 28, 2018, 04:41:24 AM
Like a Nirvana Santa.

I see your hurt Drag, yet it doesn't drag on me.
I seek to be, I'm becoming the heartless bastard.
I will be doing classes ($7.50) if you're interested.
You get a Heartless Bastard Tee shirt on completion.

Is that $7.50 per class, or for the whole course? It seems a fabulous bargain for such a deep endeavor .
and who doesn't love a free t-shirt????

Dragonia