News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on July 12, 2017, 05:10:25 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on July 12, 2017, 09:47:47 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 12, 2017, 09:11:23 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on July 12, 2017, 09:03:32 AM
I need an Android device to run the Cambridge Audio Connect app for my music database and am thinking of getting the Samsung Tab 3. Can anyone suggest a better option? I would love to run the app on my Windows 7 PC, but it only runs on Android.

I had a Tab 3 and found it OK but a little long in the tooth now, had to change the battery after 2 years. Running a Note 10 and quite happy with it. More issues with Android than with the hardware.

Do not buy  a Tab E! You can't change the battery in those.

I meant the new one, the Tab S3. It has had some good reviews. I will check the battery situation.

Coo, expensive toy, that! Seems it is tops on video but . . .

Cannot find anything about replacement batteries but may just be too early. I am hoping tablets do not become "chuck away" when their unreplaceable batteries hit the end of their re-charge life.

Practically everything has in-built obsolescence...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Saw this beautiful girl at the store. She wore a baggy worn out shirt and I was instantly in love the more I saw her. I've only seen one other person do that and she was hot too. I never talked to the girl at the store though since she was with someone but gosh she was beautiful.

Maybe it's just me taking care of myself more but I see many beautiful women now.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Arturo on July 14, 2017, 07:30:22 AM
Saw this beautiful girl at the store. She wore a baggy worn out shirt and I was instantly in love the more I saw her. I've only seen one other person do that and she was hot too. I never talked to the girl at the store though since she was with someone but gosh she was beautiful.

Maybe it's just me taking care of myself more but I see many beautiful women now.

You're lucky, whenever I say I see many beautiful women I get either smacked or pinched really hard on the arm...sometimes both. :'(
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

I got accepted to become an official book reviewer for the Science Education Association which means I'll get sent free science books :)

hermes2015

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 14, 2017, 03:52:51 PM
I got accepted to become an official book reviewer for the Science Education Association which means I'll get sent free science books :)

Mazel tov!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Well done, Claire!   :dance:

Er, do you get paid for this as well? Or is that too much to ask for?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Gloucester on July 14, 2017, 04:37:06 PM

No money, just the books to keep.  I guess I can always sell the books if I don't want to keep them.

Firebird

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 14, 2017, 04:49:28 PM

No money, just the books to keep.  I guess I can always sell the books if I don't want to keep them.

Congrats
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Congratulations, Claire!  :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

That's awesome Claire,  congratulations  ;D

Arturo

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 14, 2017, 04:49:28 PM

Well done. Maybe you can digitize the books and then sell them?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

I'm driving in my car this afternoon and the song, "Road To Nowhere" by the Talking Heads came on the radio...I love both the song and the group dearly. I'm singing along, sorta bopping side to side, front to rear in my seat while the song plays when I have to come to a stop at a red light. Glancing up in my rear-view mirror I notice the guy in the car behind me is singing along to the same song. I can tell because he's keeping the same beat as me, and though I'm not an expert in reading lips, I can make out easily the words he's singing to especially the chorus part when David Byrne is singing... "There's a city in my mind, come along take that ride and it's alright, baby it's alright"!

He was a younger guy too, which I thought was cool, as it's good to see the younger folks getting into some of the truly classic oldies...anyway this cheered me up immeasurably, made me feel connected to the world, you know it was just so groovy, can you digit man?! :P

I lucked out and saw the Talking Heads back in the summer of 83, just outside Detroit at an outdoor venue...we had what are referred to as lawn seats on the grass, and back then it was fairly easy to sneak in liquor and what have you,...turned out to be quite a memorable show and evening.

Let's hear it one more time shall we, I mean it Friday Night, so turn it waaaaaay up! 8) (Plus this has to be one of the coolest videos to come out in the 80's)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 15, 2017, 02:19:03 AM
...anyway this cheered me up immeasurably, made me feel connected to the world, you know it was just so groovy, can you digit man?! :P
Totally, man!
Very Mags!

;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Excellent!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Well my first set of books arrived this morning.  I have a book on String Theory and one about the computing behind launching rockets.  This may involve more thinking than I was prepared for!