News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: Velma on May 18, 2017, 11:57:38 PM
Within two minutes they were out from under the bed. Walking down the hall to reopen the door, I kept seeing cat paws poking out under the door.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on May 19, 2017, 02:49:26 AM
They hired two new people at work and neither is a lazy idiot!

Hurrah!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Velma on May 18, 2017, 11:57:38 PM
A few things to be cheerful about:

*Our new fridge/freezer and upright freezer arrived today. I had to leave in the middle of everything due to a doctor's appointment. By the time I got home everything was set up and my husband had moved all the food.
*My rheumatologist was very impressed with how well I am doing on my new medication.
*I have not gained any weight. (I've not lost any either, but at least I've not gained.)
*Two of our cats went into hiding during the appliance delivery. After I got home from the doctor, I found them by closing the bedroom door. I figured that would bring them out one way or another since they can't stand closed doors. Within two minutes they were out from under the bed. Walking down the hall to reopen the door, I kept seeing cat paws poking out under the door.
We really need pictures of the cat paws :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on May 19, 2017, 02:49:26 AM
They hired two new people at work and neither is a lazy idiot!
Finally somebody has learned!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Davin

So I'm almost finished working on my new house. Painted all the rooms. Laid tile in about half the house (850 sqft). And recently installed the baseboards (they still need to be touched up and finished).

There is still a bunch of work we need to do (the outside is still fairly hideous), but we are moving in this weekend.

I didn't care for the way it looked at first.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Davin! You got a new house!? Congratulations!  :frolic:
I'm very happy for you.  :) Looks great so far.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Claireliontamer

Love the blue colour Davin :)

Biggus Dickus

Congrats Davin, and good job, the painting looks nice and I'm with Claire, love the blue...also, you have to invite us all over when it's ready.  ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

I like those grey curtains with that blue, Davin.

Are the skirting boards conduits for LAN, landline and AV etc? If I get round to a revamp in my place they will be, fed up with knitting everywhere! (Well, everywhere that I can't hide it under the carpet.)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Thanks, Mags! It was a lot of work and took us a long time. Though we did get better and faster near the end.

@Claireliontamer: It took us a while to pick the paint colors (we went a bit crazy), but other than one room, it was mostly my GF (SO? Womanfriend? It's all sounding weirder to me the older I get), that picked the colors.

@Father Bruno: Thanks, Bruno. Y'all welcome over as long as I get some notice before... no popping in unannounced after midnight. I've already had to chase Crow off a few times.

@Gloucester: The baseboards are just big "fancy" baseboards that we liked. So fancy that they were extra difficult to install. I'm moving mostly to wireless connected devices because wires are getting annoying. But it did cost a bit to fix up the electrical in the place.

I'm pretty excited, I haven't lived in a house (except for three months) since I left home to go to college. And the complex where I'm currently living is slowly getting a bit worse and costing more and more.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Guardian85

So I start a new job on Monday. Well, I have been in a couple of times already, but I start properly on Monday.

It is seasonal work (May-October) for a contractor specializing in roads and paving. Apparently that kind of work requires having a laboratory for testing asphalt ingredients and stuff.
So I'm gonna channel my best mad scientist for the next 5 to 6 months. (Although it is mostly all about sorting gravel samples...)

Congratulations on the new place, Buddy! Glad things are looking so great for you. :thumbsup:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Icarus

G85 conrats on the new job.  You will be grading gravel samples?  Does that have anything to do with getting ones rocks off?

Davin congrats also to you for the good work at the new house.

Dave

Good stuff, G85. Sounds like it must be a fairly large company.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 19, 2017, 11:00:02 PM
So I start a new job on Monday. Well, I have been in a couple of times already, but I start properly on Monday.

It is seasonal work (May-October) for a contractor specializing in roads and paving. Apparently that kind of work requires having a laboratory for testing asphalt ingredients and stuff.
So I'm gonna channel my best mad scientist for the next 5 to 6 months. (Although it is mostly all about sorting gravel samples...)

Congratulations on the new place, Buddy! Glad things are looking so great for you. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new job!! Hope you have fun being a mad scientist haha.

We got enough moved in that we were able to sleep in our new apartment last night. Only things left to move are small misc items and the kitties. We decided to wait until we settled a bit to move the cats so that it would be as stress free for everyone as possible. The snakes moved in last night so I'm happy about that. They seem so be adjusting to the new place well.

It's so nice to be able to wake up in a space that is my own.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on May 20, 2017, 03:49:11 PM

It's so nice to be able to wake up in a space that is my own.
I couldn't agree more. It's one of the best feelings ever to have a key to your own front door. Particularly when there is somebody else in there with you that you want to have there.