News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

"transgenderism" in children

Started by AngelOfDeath, December 10, 2017, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelOfDeath

<deleted

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 10, 2017, 11:01:36 PM
Add to that all these multiple "genders" they've cooked up in their heads.  I'm too old to follow the sort of nonsense they cook up and it's all a bit confusing.  They can have all the genders they want I guess, but in reality there are only 2 sexes.

:eyebrow: Is gender identity the same thing as biological sex?

QuoteThey can go chopping off or adding whatever parts and injecting hormones and all that, but the thing's DNA is either a male or female (yes there are birth defects that make it look likes it's a bit of both, but does it produce babies or does it produce sperm?  Do any of these "hermaphrodite" humans self-fertilize themselves?  do they produce viable sperms? or do they conceive and birth a child?

It's way more complex than you paint it, and it isn't down to just what chromosomes the individual has. 

For instance:

People with 5 alpha-Reductase deficiency cannot produce dihydrotestosterone from testosterone. Androgen receptors are more sensitive to dihydrotestosterone than testosterone and people with this condition are known to be raised female only to grow a penis at the start of puberty, around the age of 12. Surprise!

Speaking of androgens, there is also the androgen insensitivity syndrome, in which individuals are genetically male (XY) but cells that are responsible for the development of male characteristics do not respond to male hormones, and so have underdeveloped genitalia and possibly a female gender identity.

Ever hear of XX male syndrome? It's when an X contains a sex-determining region Y (SRY). SRYs are found in most Y chromosomes and favour the development of male characteristics.

Those are the few that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

Personally, I don't think it's anyone's place to tell someone what their gender identity is. It's insulting and insinuates that you know more about their mental and physiological state than they do.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Now now Argentium, it's always the ill-informed's place to blather on and tell others just how wrong they truly are.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on December 10, 2017, 11:52:13 PM
Now now Argentium, it's always the ill-informed's place to blather on and tell others just how wrong they truly are.

Ignorance must be countered!  :blahblah:

AngelOfDeath

I'm sure the range of anomalies and birth defects are beyond what I can fathom.

Recusant

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:13:22 AMSo the main question is about sex reassignment surgery and hormone injections for children...

How common is this?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

AngelOfDeath

I have no idea of the numbers.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:13:22 AM
I'm sure the range of anomalies and birth defects are beyond what I can fathom.  Those with these defects are still a teeny tiny tiny minority.  Maybe they don't consider themselves defective, but the science def does tell us that they are anomalies with birth defects.  If they aren't fit to reproduce they'd naturally be removed from the gene pool.

So the main question is about sex reassignment surgery and hormone injections for children...

Again, I don't think it's anyone's place to tell someone what their gender identity is.

(Just an FYI, some XX men can have 'normal' lives and children, though most likely they'd be all daughters.)

AngelOfDeath

Yes, but I just mentioned the main issue, and you totally ignored it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:29:42 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 11, 2017, 12:22:46 AM
Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:13:22 AM
I'm sure the range of anomalies and birth defects are beyond what I can fathom.  Those with these defects are still a teeny tiny tiny minority.  Maybe they don't consider themselves defective, but the science def does tell us that they are anomalies with birth defects.  If they aren't fit to reproduce they'd naturally be removed from the gene pool.

So the main question is about sex reassignment surgery and hormone injections for children...

Again, I don't think it's anyone's place to tell someone what their gender identity is.

(Just an FYI, some XX men can have 'normal' lives and children, though most likely they'd be all daughters.)

Yes, but I just mentioned the main issue, and you totally ignored it.  So again, the main question is about sex reassignment surgery and hormone injections for children and whether it's ethical ...

I'm not ignoring it. Like I said:

QuoteI don't think it's anyone's place to tell someone what their gender identity is.

I assumed you would take it to one of its conclusions.

If someone wants to undergo gender reassignment, then why impede it? Because you think it's "quite insane"?
A child might save themselves a lot of confusion and pain if allowed do it. Though, I think at which age would depend on their condition.

Recusant

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:21:31 AM
Quote from: Recusant on December 11, 2017, 12:15:08 AM
Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 11, 2017, 12:13:22 AMSo the main question is about sex reassignment surgery and hormone injections for children...

How common is this?

I have no idea of the numbers.  All I know is it seems to be legal (at least in some states), and it does happen

To me it sounds as if you've adopted a politicized approach to it, but I could be wrong. It would be good if you shared a link to a reputable source supporting your conclusion about the people you said are "unfit parents."  I don't think any parent or doctor takes this lightly, or does it on a whim. In this article, the cautious approach taken by the gender identity clinic at Children's Hospital Boston is described, in which puberty-delaying drugs are given to children who are patients.

QuoteThe idea is to give these children time to mature emotionally and make sure they want to proceed with a permanent sex change. Only 1 of the 97 opted out of permanent treatment, Spack [director of the clinic] said.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

There's also this from NBC:  New Guidelines for Treating Transgender Kids Considered

I got that in less than one minute on Google and really, AoD, you could have done that yourself.

Altho I consider being transgendered a harmless eccentricity that's none of my, or anyone else's, business I will admit to being uncomfortable with a minor getting such treatment.  I can see how, if they're right about being transgendered, the treatment will make things a lot easier for them as adults, but what if they're wrong or change their mind about it?  That's going to turn into a major screw-up.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on December 11, 2017, 12:15:08 AM

How common is this?

This may be the picture in the UK.

QuoteOfficial figures from the Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS) at the Tavistock Centre in London show that 2,016 children were referred to them in 2016-17.

That's about 39 kids a week over the course of the year.

But the Mirror says it has seen data that shows 1,302 children have visited GIDS in the last six months – which works out at about 50 children a week.

We don't know yet whether that high referral rate will continue for the rest of the year. If it does, it will mean that the number of children referred to GIDS each week has risen by 2,500 per cent since 2009-10.This nsy, posdinly, be the picture in the UK:

Official figures from the Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS) at the Tavistock Centre in London show that 2,016 children were referred to them in 2016-17.

That's about 39 kids a week over the course of the year.

But the Mirror says it has seen data that shows 1,302 children have visited GIDS in the last six months – which works out at about 50 children a week.

We don't know yet whether that high referral rate will continue for the rest of the year. If it does, it will mean that the number of children referred to GIDS each week has risen by 2,500 per cent since 2009-10.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-qa-how-many-children-are-going-to-gender-identity-clinics-in-the-uk
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 10, 2017, 11:01:36 PM
Someone in another forum somewhere was pointing out some ironies about how they "gov't policies" are allowing children to undergo surgical and hormonal sexual modification, because the child identifies itself as the sex that it is not, but by the same standard children cannot consent to sex.  So they can undergo quite extreme surgeries to modify their genitalia and hormone therapy which can also be quite extreme, and permanant, especially in developing children.  From what I understand, far left policy in the US is allowing this to happen legally. 

There was a cover on the national geographic a couple years back that was a transsexual little boy, or girl? Anyway it was a male to female "transgendered" child.  I did a little background research on that cover, and came to the conclusion that that child's parents were really not fit parents, and had shaped the little boy to become a transsexual from a very young age.

So anyway, children cannot consent to sex (which i agree with) but according to far left logic it is ok for them to consent to extreme surgical genital body modification along with hormonal body modification.  What do you all think of this sort of thing?  I think the far-left (or whatever the hell they are) has gone totally nutty in promoting this kind of thing.  Add to that all these multiple "genders" they've cooked up in their heads.  I'm too old to follow the sort of nonsense they cook up and it's all a bit confusing.  They can have all the genders they want I guess, but in reality there are only 2 sexes.  They can go chopping off or adding whatever parts and injecting hormones and all that, but the thing's DNA is either a male or female (yes there are birth defects that make it look likes it's a bit of both, but does it produce babies or does it produce sperm?  Do any of these "hermaphrodite" humans self-fertilize themselves?  do they produce viable sperms? or do they conceive and birth a child?

Ok, I got off track a bit.  The question is basically what do y'all think of people trying to turn little boys into little girls and vice versa?  Is this something the parents and child should be allowed to decide?  You think if some 8 years old boy decides that one day he's a girl that the parents should be able to take him to the doctor and get all the male anatomy cut off, and try to surgically construct a "false vagina", and then get him on the estrogen shots?  I think I'm gettin too old for this world.  All seems quite insane.

Thoughts?

In another thread you posted a story about "Virtuous Pedophiles", in this thread you again mention " Children, consent, and sex"....maybe it's just me, and if so I'll go, but alarm bells have been going off in my head for the past couple days.

You seem to have a possible obsession with children and sex.

Am I the only one seeing this?

This thread and especially the "Virtual Fucking Pedophile" thread are making me extremely uncomfortable.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

Putting transgender in quotes and adding "ed" are fucking gross.