News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What are you doing right now?

Started by Dave, November 25, 2017, 07:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on December 10, 2017, 12:17:56 AM
Dave, do you know anything about the Udemy.com teaching outfit?   They have very modest prices for Python as well as several JAVA instructionals.

Let me see if I enjoy the freebie stuff before I spend money on it! Too often the novelty of things fades for me these days and its back to the book, the slippers and the sofa. There has to be a continuing refreshing interest. One or two days charity work, especially one-to-one with different people,  a week keeps me interested, but not the four or five days I used to do.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Getting ready to go to the lab. On a Sunday.  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

You will burn in hell for working on Sunday xSP.  But not if you go to mass first? :unsure:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on December 10, 2017, 10:50:05 PM
You will burn in hell for working on Sunday xSP.  But not if you go to mass first? :unsure:

If I'm going there anyway... :grin:

Maybe if I find a Father and confess the sin all will be well?

Where is Papacito Bruno when you need him? :sherlock2:

OldGit

I'm sitting waiting for the snow to melt.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm eating some wild caught smoked salmon, with pepper and olive oil.

xSilverPhinx

Catching up just before going to sleep.

Dave

Warming me up after de-icing and warming car up. Minus 6C, 21F, had me wondering about anti-freeze in car. They were supposed to check fluid levels on a service but doubt that they did an anti-freeze check. Header tank took a whole bottle late last night - worrying.

Started OK at soon after 7am, had to de-ice the doors with hot water to get in. Warmed car up until air-con had dried the windows and radiator fan operating. Seems OK.

Drinking large mug of hot choc.

Dave

Psyching myself up for my first session as a computer buddy. Polishing my bluffing skills, reminding myself that though I am no real expert I have a fair knowledge where to find the info I might need. Especially where to find user manuals for devices I am not familiar with!

Biggus Dickus

I'm thinking Tamales, but it's more like Chimichangas...white flour tacos. All I can say is it's time to get serious.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 13, 2017, 09:59:06 PM
I'm thinking Tamales, but it's more like Chimichangas...white flour tacos. All I can say is it's time to get serious.

I'm thinking Fajitas Baja-Style. --New spices, and stuff.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

I am laying in bed for the final moments before getting up for a breakfastless start, after a 24 hour starve, to the day before going for my 6 monthly blood tests..

And people are talking about food! :(

Never mind, I have a Full English to look forward to later. :)

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on December 14, 2017, 07:57:10 AM
I am laying in bed for the final moments before getting up for a breakfastless start, after a 24 hour starve, to the day before going for my 6 monthly blood tests..

Good luck with the tests, Dave, and enjoy the well-earned breakfast later.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 14, 2017, 08:53:52 AM

Thanks, Icarus.

Brekkers was a treat :D

Hoping yer hip doesn't give you too much gyp.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on December 14, 2017, 10:12:28 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on December 14, 2017, 08:53:52 AM

Thanks, Icarus.

Brekkers was a treat :D

Hoping yer hip doesn't give you too much gyp.

No, thank you, it's not too bad. My doctor keeps urging me to consider a replacement, but I am resisting. When I get back from Oman early next month I want to try cortisone injections into the hip.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames