News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

sort of new topic

Started by Lark, October 20, 2017, 06:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Can I be excused because I don't like to take pictures? I don't dislike taking pictures either, it's neutral.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on October 20, 2017, 08:04:00 PM
You all have smart phones. You all have cameras.

It's the smart brain bit that is the problem!

I have to go out on a dedicated expedition for new stuff, I am not much of a snapshotter. All thoughts of clothes, books, food etc have to be banished or I am too easily diverted. For the "Row" competition my ploy was to go to town early (10am) and spend two hours thinking nothing but competition entries. Then I had cajun chicken and a craft brew for lunch and then did my shopping.

Trouble is on a bad day (more of those in the winter) mobility can be a bit of a struggle, after a morning straining brain and system I am knackered! Should I ever win I have my subject chosen already - a nice cosy (but not easy) indoor one that may tax the artistic bits.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on October 20, 2017, 08:53:01 PM
Can I be excused because I don't like to take pictures? I don't dislike taking pictures either, it's neutral.
Then you are excused.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Velma

Quote from: Dave on October 20, 2017, 08:56:44 PM

I have to go out on a dedicated expedition for new stuff, I am not much of a snapshotter. All thoughts of clothes, books, food etc have to be banished or I am too easily diverted. For the "Row" competition my ploy was to go to town early (10am) and spend two hours thinking nothing but competition entries. Then I had cajun chicken and a craft brew for lunch and then did my shopping.

Trouble is on a bad day (more of those in the winter) mobility can be a bit of a struggle, after a morning straining brain and system I am knackered! Should I ever win I have my subject chosen already - a nice cosy (but not easy) indoor one that may tax the artistic bits.
This exactly.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

hermes2015

Quote from: Lark on October 20, 2017, 06:14:31 PM
I was looking at the photos in the last challenge, Attractions, and wondering why there were so few photos ????  About the same number every time  ???  Don't you all have a camera ?  It is  a bit of fun and entertainment as well as a chance to see some great photos rather than hoping to win a Gold Cup. The new category , Alphabet Soup, suggests to me that almost any photo could fit  and the more the merrier. Have a go and give us all enjoyment.     :)

Lark, I was thinking the same thing. It is supposed to be a fun thing, so we should not try too hard to be artistic.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 21, 2017, 04:44:19 AM
I was looking at the photos in the last challenge, Attractions, and wondering why there were so few photos ????  About the same number every time  ???  Don't you all have a camera ?  It is  a bit of fun and entertainment as well as a chance to see some great photos rather than hoping to win a Gold Cup. The new category , Alphabet Soup, suggests to me that almost any photo could fit  and the more the merrier. Have a go and give us all enjoyment.     :)

Lark, I was thinking the same thing. It is supposed to be a fun thing, so we should not try too hard to be artistic.

Aw, nuts, wanted to push the artistic bit! :D

(But not beyond everyday limits.)

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on October 21, 2017, 07:57:05 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on October 21, 2017, 04:44:19 AM

Aw, nuts, wanted to push the artistic bit! :D

(But not beyond everyday limits.)

I know, I usually can't help myself and get too self-conscious with these things.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

What happened to the joy of solving the problem with the bits you've got?
Hermes won taking a pic of his books, the lazy bastard.
The "Row" competition was won with a pic of tea cups pot and laden duck spoons.
You need to MacGyver it mate.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 21, 2017, 02:33:07 PM

You are so right: I am probably the laziest person here. But, I always tell myself, if it weren't for the lazy people, we would still be living in caves. We lazy ones are the creative ones who want to find easier ways to do back-breaking jobs.
― Charles Eames

Recusant

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 21, 2017, 03:49:04 PM. . . I always tell myself, if it weren't for the lazy people, we would still be living in caves. We lazy ones are the creative ones who want to find easier ways to do back-breaking jobs.

Hear, hear!  :sidesmile:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 21, 2017, 03:49:04 PM

You are so right: I am probably the laziest person here. But, I always tell myself, if it weren't for the lazy people, we would still be living in caves. We lazy ones are the creative ones who want to find easier ways to do back-breaking jobs.
Hmm, laziness as a stimulus for progress, eh? Sone merit in that, the lazy person sometimes finds the simplest, most efficient way of doing things.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dave on October 21, 2017, 05:47:15 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on October 21, 2017, 03:49:04 PM

Hmm, laziness as a stimulus for progress, eh? Sone merit in that, the lazy person sometimes finds the simplest, most efficient way of doing things.

Yes, I've fashioned myself a crop and if you don't make me a cup of tea quick smart I'll have at you.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 20, 2017, 07:55:08 PM
I had intended to take pictures, but caught the procrastination bug from XSilverPhinx, so whatcha gonna do?

So that's where the bug went, hey? :grin:

:secrets1: No wonder I've gotten so much done these past few days.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

As for the new Photo Challenge category, I have an idea but need to think of how I'm going to execute that idea. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey