News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Neighbor/Flanders Thread - Post Funny/Weird/Ect Stuff About Your Neighbors

Started by Arturo, August 12, 2017, 02:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

I started this thread because I was inspired by my neighbors cackle. The way she laughs makes me laugh and I am becoming more comfortable with my neighbors to the point I want to post about them.

Anyways...
my neighbot laughs Just.Like.That. :lol:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on August 12, 2017, 02:10:21 AM
I started this thread because I was inspired by my neighbors cackle. The way she laughs makes me laugh and I am becoming more comfortable with my neighbors to the point I want to post about them.

Anyways...
my neighbot laughs Just.Like.That. :lol:
"Smokey's mom."  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Not a current neighbour but when I was living in an apartment some time back one first floor guy inside what seemed to be his bathroom was talking to another who was outside. He was butt naked and you could see everything pressed against the frosted glass window. I don't know if he was aware of it or not and if cared.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

So a homeless man has settled near my house, he set up a tent, brought an old rusty oven (I think?) and a bunch of garbage. I don't know how I feel about that yet, he walks with a weird gait and could pose a threat.

Problem is even if someone comes to remove the homeless and send them to a shelter, they always come back. I foresee a problem for the neighbourhood.

Icarus

Silver, is there any conceivable way to befriend the guy?  As a seemingly benevolent neighbor he could be valuable to you....and perhaps you to him. Homeless people are not all bad guys, some are most worthy but their lives have, for whatever reason, gotten out of synch with what we believe to be the acceptable norm. 

Any initiation of that sort of thing would be done with considerable caution of course. There are those among we HAFers who would have to take time off from work if we had to come to Brasilia for the purpose of ensuring your safety and peace of mind.   

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on August 20, 2017, 12:01:47 AM
Silver, is there any conceivable way to befriend the guy?  As a seemingly benevolent neighbor he could be valuable to you....and perhaps you to him. Homeless people are not all bad guys, some are most worthy but their lives have, for whatever reason, gotten out of synch with what we believe to be the acceptable norm.

Or born into that condition, as is the case with many in developing countries.

I don't know Icarus, too much has happened in my life for me to assume that people I don't know are seemingly benevolent. I'm not saying I think all homeless people are bad or somehow less worthy than those who do have a roof to live under, but desperation can drive people to do bad things. And they have reason to be desperate. 

The person who has settled near my house seems to be a little erratic, and that among other things could be indicative of drug use. Cheap crack is a huge problem around these parts. This is just an assumption, I haven't personally seen him use anything. Either way, he seems to be unpredictable.

QuoteAny initiation of that sort of thing would be done with considerable caution of course. There are those among we HAFers who would have to take time off from work if we had to come to Brasilia for the purpose of ensuring your safety and peace of mind.   

:P But Brasília is around 2,200 km away from where I live.  ;)  That would only take away from my peace of mind because I would worry incessantly that the HAFer is safe themselves.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 20, 2017, 02:03:19 PM

:P But Brasília is around 2,200 km away from where I live.  ;)  That would only take away from my peace of mind because I would worry incessantly that the HAFer is safe themselves.

I think Gene and I could handle it. We'd be like Ben Matlock and the guy who went on to costar in Walker Texas Ranger. Do you have hotdogs in Brazil? If we're going to make this work Gene is going to have to hunt for hotdogs while we're solving the case.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on August 20, 2017, 04:00:12 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 20, 2017, 02:03:19 PM

I think Gene and I could handle it. We'd be like Ben Matlock and the guy who went on to costar in Walker Texas Ranger. Do you have hotdogs in Brazil? If we're going to make this work Gene is going to have to hunt for hotdogs while we're solving the case.

Yes, we have hotdogs. I hear they can be quite ferocious :grin:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dave

On the other side of the street, two doors down, is "The Noisy House."

OK, the house itself is no noisier than the others but somehow it (and us) are cursed with noisy people living there. It started about 15 years ago when it was bought by a bloke with the noisiest bucket of bolts of a Ford diesel van I have ever heard. Not normally a problem, except that his wife had to leave for work (in a bakery) at 4am. She kept her car in the garage, he parked in front of the garage - so he had to move his van for her to get out. Always a struggle to get it started, then he would move it and leave it ticking, er, rattling over for 15 -20 minutes until she got clear and he had slammed the garage door shut and moved the van back. This persuaded me to fork out for double glazing ahead of my budget schedule, as much for sound insulation as for heat. They sold out and moved a month later.

Then the place was rented to some petrol head. He had a suped up Ford that was his pride and joy. Every dry evening and week end it would appear half out of the garage. Then out would come the laptop and the car would be running and being tuned for two or three, or four, hours. Just how much tuning can you give a car!?  But, rumble, rumble and vroom, vroom from its 3" exhaust pipes would regail us the whole time. OK in the winter with the windows shut, but when it was warm . . .

After a year of that the first family with kids moved in, well, single mother, three kids and a string if boyfriends who were regularly dispached during shouted, hour long, rows in the street. And both the eldest girl and middle boy could not speak at less than a shout. Or scream in the case of the girl.

Then the landlord had to rebuild the kitchen and bathroom after he evicted them.

Then the present family. Shouty kids again, shouty mother, shouty father who likes sitting out front with fags, beers and his shouty mates shouting at his other mate over the road and with his car stereo on steroids with all the doors open. Makes me pray for wet and cold weather.

As I said, a house cursed to have noisy inhabitants.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Keep the faith Glous. When you get a little older your hearing will go away and when the noise becomes a bit much you turn off your hearing aid.  :teadrink:

Arturo

Quote from: Icarus on August 21, 2017, 11:00:16 PM
Keep the faith Glous. When you get a little older your hearing will go away and when the noise becomes a bit much you turn off your hearing aid.  :teadrink:

Yesss
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Quote from: Gloucester on August 21, 2017, 08:36:44 PMThen the place was rented to some petrol head. He had a suped up Ford that was his pride and joy. Every dry evening and week end it would appear half out of the garage. Then out would come the laptop and the car would be running and being tuned for two or three, or four, hours. Just how much tuning can you give a car!?

With a Ford? You'll never get it right. At least it wasn't a Honda. You could've been charmed by the sound of a Whoopi cushion through a two inch exhaust.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz