News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Video is hard to watch, but Rachel is a gem...her and her staff do an outstanding job of putting all of this together, especially digging back into the eugenic ideology of the 1920's.

Thanks for posting Mags.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags,

Here's a couple of Calvin and Hobbe's for you to enjoy over your morning Cafe Latte.

This second one reminds me of my son back when he was in elementary school. He was very a very skeptical, and critical thinking young man, and one time I received a call from his teacher during one of his classes. She was extremely exasperated with him that morning, and completely fed up. In the background I could hear the other kids in the classroom, and it sounded like a roaring debate was going on. She was exasperated because he wouldn't concede a point with her and continued to argue a point he believed was correct.
She wanted me to talk to him and ask him to drop it, and allow her to continue teaching. She said she didn't want to send him to the principals office because she admired his passion with the subject, however, she was tired of his shit and wanted to get on with class.
I spoke to him briefly and asked him to sit down and be quite.

Before the teacher hung up the phone she told me that she believed he would make a good lawyer some day.

He's now 22 and going to the University of Detroit Mercy, which believe it or not is a private, Roman Catholic co-educational university. He's not a believer, but both my sister and father graduated from there and he wanted to follow suite. He's started out studying philosophy, but is switched over to architecture, but he has since mentioned going to law school later on.

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 30, 2017, 02:06:32 PM
Hey Mags,

Here's a couple of Calvin and Hobbe's for you to enjoy over your morning Cafe Latte.

This second one reminds me of my son back when he was in elementary school. He was very a very skeptical, and critical thinking young man, and one time I received a call from his teacher during one of his classes. She was extremely exasperated with him that morning, and completely fed up. In the background I could hear the other kids in the classroom, and it sounded like a roaring debate was going on. She was exasperated because he wouldn't concede a point with her and continued to argue a point he believed was correct.
She wanted me to talk to him and ask him to drop it, and allow her to continue teaching. She said she didn't want to send him to the principals office because she admired his passion with the subject, however, she was tired of his shit and wanted to get on with class.
I spoke to him briefly and asked him to sit down and be quite.

Before the teacher hung up the phone she told me that she believed he would make a good lawyer some day.

He's now 22 and going to the University of Detroit Mercy, which believe it or not is a private, Roman Catholic co-educational university. He's not a believer, but both my sister and father graduated from there and he wanted to follow suite. He's started out studying philosophy, but is switched over to architecture, but he has since mentioned going to law school later on.

:reading:
That's a real cool story, Father.
It should be here: Anecdotes, so that more people can enjoy it.

I have the same "issue" with my son, the 14 year old.  8)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Yo Mags!

What's happening "mamasita?

Hope you aren't affected by the wildfires in CA...my niece and her husband live south of LA in Long Beach and have sent some pretty crazy pictures...

This was taken on his way into work yesterday, see the all the smoke in the distance as he heads into LA where he works?

This 1st picture is from a news still, and friends of theirs who live in Ventura circled where there house is more or less, and then they sent a 2nd picture taken from their driveway of the same fire!

Just insane stuff...

Anyway hope you and the familia are okay...

Here's a full Calvin and Hobbes script for you, in color!

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on December 07, 2017, 03:58:28 PM
Yo Mags!

What's happening

Yo, Father!   :computerwave:

"mamasita?
:picard facepalm:

Hope you aren't affected by the wildfires in CA...my niece and her husband live south of LA in Long Beach and have sent some pretty crazy pictures...

This was taken on his way into work yesterday, see the all the smoke in the distance as he heads into LA where he works?

This 1st picture is from a news still, and friends of theirs who live in Ventura circled where there house is more or less, and then they sent a 2nd picture taken from their driveway of the same fire!

Just insane stuff...

Anyway hope you and the familia are okay...

Here's a full Calvin and Hobbes script for you, in color!

It is very insane stuff...The images are surreal.
We live far from where the fires are taking place. I feel so bad for all the people who have lost family members, the few things they owned, their homes, especially during the holiday season.  :sad sigh: --Very sad.

It doesn't make any sense, it's December, it's cold, but everything around is burning. My beautiful California is burning... :pensive:

This video explains why.  :(
https://static01.nyt.com/video/players/offsite/index.html?videoId=100000005590503

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Thanks for the video Mags, that was informative...the strange thing is how this almost seems while horrible, almost normal or commonplace. The wildfires that is...twenty years ago, maybe even less it would have been covered much more than it is now.

Thanks Obama!

Quote from: Magdalena on December 07, 2017, 06:50:36 PM

"mamasita?

By the way if anyone else here was wondering the term "Mamasita" in Spanish means, "Reverent or Beloved Mother".

Sometimes is used as an alternate for 'Sister or Nun", so for example you could say, "Mamasita Magdalena" or "Mamasita Agatha".

Just an FYI.

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on December 07, 2017, 08:17:15 PM
By the way if anyone else here was wondering the term "Mamasita" in Spanish means, "Reverent or Beloved Mother".

Sometimes is used as an alternate for 'Sister or Nun", so for example you could say, "Mamasita Magdalena" or "Mamasita Agatha".

Just an FYI.

Yeah, sure...

...And "Papacito" or "Papayito" means, "Reverent or Beloved Father."

Dragonia

So we could appropriately call you Papasito Bruno.....I like it. I like it a lot, it's got a certain cultural flare to it!  :grin:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dragonia on December 08, 2017, 01:11:32 PM
So we could appropriately call you Papasito Bruno.....I like it. I like it a lot, it's got a certain cultural flare to it!  :grin:

I like it as well Dragonia  ;D, as it certainly does have a certain ring to it, and "Father Bruno" is somewhat dour and blah sounding.

If only.... :thoughtful:

xSilverPhinx

So, if there's some guy named Despa then it would become Despacito, "Reverant or Beloved Despa"?

:daddance:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on December 08, 2017, 01:30:17 PM
Quote from: Dragonia on December 08, 2017, 01:11:32 PM

I like it as well Dragonia  ;D

F A T H E R   B R U N O!!!  >:(

My dear, Dragonia... :smileshake:
Please look for the word, papacito in the Urban Dictionary.
I think we went through this with the word, pupusa.

Father Bruno! Stop it!  :rant1:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 08, 2017, 04:28:30 PM
So, if there's some guy named Despa then it would become Despacito, "Reverant or Beloved Despa"?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on December 07, 2017, 06:50:36 PM

It is very insane stuff...The images are surreal.
We live far from where the fires are taking place. I feel so bad for all the people who have lost family members, the few things they owned, their homes, especially during the holiday season.  :sad sigh: --Very sad.

It doesn't make any sense, it's December, it's cold, but everything around is burning. My beautiful California is burning... :pensive:

This video explains why.  :(
https://static01.nyt.com/video/players/offsite/index.html?videoId=100000005590503

That sucks, Mags, but I'm glad that you and your family are far away from the fires!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on December 08, 2017, 04:30:44 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 08, 2017, 04:28:30 PM

I just...had to.  :shifty:

Magdalena