News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: Favourite Buildings

Started by Recusant, June 22, 2017, 06:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Here we go!  :)  For the new HAF photo challenge, hermes2015 has chosen an excellent theme: your favourite buildings. Of course, this category will be open to a wide interpretation and can include anything from ruins to temporary structures such as circus tents, or anything else that you think may fit and can find some vague justification for.  ;D

Each entrant may submit up to four entries, and entries will be accepted up until Saturday, July 8. Please send your photos via personal message or to my HAF email: recusantathaf |at| gmail.com. If anybody needs help with the technicalities of putting photos on the internet just PM me, and I'll be pleased to assist.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Thank you for setting this up for me, Recusant.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Cool!  Can this be interiors or exteriors?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

I can't think of any reason for it to be restricted to one or the other.  8)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

MariaEvri

do they have to be buildings from our homeland or can it be from a country we visited?
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

hermes2015

Quote from: MariaEvri on June 23, 2017, 06:37:34 AM
do they have to be buildings from our homeland or can it be from a country we visited?
My feeling is that it can be any building you like, regardless of location. Let's hear what Recusant says.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 23, 2017, 07:17:18 AM
My feeling is that it can be any building you like, regardless of location. Let's hear what Recusant says.
It's your choice. It's your challenge, not the staff's. What do you say?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on June 23, 2017, 08:26:34 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 23, 2017, 07:17:18 AM
It's your choice. It's your challenge, not the staff's. What do you say?
OK, then in that case let's say that it does not have to be from any particular place and can be interiors or exteriors.
― Charles Eames

Claireliontamer

Will have to go and see what I can find in this neck of the woods :)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Arturo on June 23, 2017, 03:24:10 AM
Father Bruno I'll race you to Detroit

You better hurry Arturo, I most likely will be in the city tomorrow or Sunday afternoon.  8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 23, 2017, 09:07:16 AM
Wish I still lived in York!  Will have to go and see what I can find in this neck of the woods :)
I'm sure you're aware of this but I'll just point this out for more recent members. The only 'rule' for submitting a picture is that you took it yourself. It doesn't have to be taken specifically for the challenge so you can go back through your archives and post from there if you like.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on June 22, 2017, 06:34:36 PM
Each entrant may submit up to four entries, and entries will be accepted up until Saturday, July 8.

:poke:

Just a friendly reminder that July 8th has come and gone. Time to see the pictures people have submitted and vote! :grin:

(They keep telling me that patience is a virtue, but...yeah. :P )
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

I had planned to get out and take some pictures for this latest challenge as there were a couple buildings I thought it would be cool to use, but I've been too busy.  >:(

I do have some older pictures in my files I could use, can we extend the deadline for this, or is it too late?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."