News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Zombie Invasion/Apocalypse Scenario

Started by Arturo, June 13, 2017, 08:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Ok well I'm bored and interested in this topic and I only found a forum on this where everyone was just kinda down eachothers throats. So fuck that. I wanna do my own thing. So here's the deal: I'll make up a scenario and give you some options to respond and allow you to make up your own response. If all goes well I'll make another story to put you guys in. Sound good? Alright here's the story-

So let's say...today zombies start showing up. You don't think zombies are real but you see someone having trouble walking down the street outside your window. Another person passes by but gets visibly and violently grabbed by the first person. They quickly fall to the ground as the passer-byer was taken off guard. Then you see the attacker begin to eat parts off the person they have wrestled to the ground. The person is struggling but can't get up.

Do you
(a) go out and help
(b) continue watching
(c) call for help
(d) make up your own response
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I'll provide a photo if this all goes well.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

I'd probably go to help as safely as I could, while either calling for help or getting someone else to call for help.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Call for help. Then grab my broadsword and run outside!

Sandra Craft

In all honesty, probably scream, faint and be eaten next.  In the best of all worlds, tho, I'd take a blanket out to throw over and confuse the zombie (hoping they're the slow and not bright kind) while I dragged the victim inside.  And hoped he didn't die on me and turn before the police arrived.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on June 13, 2017, 08:01:09 PM
Ok well I'm bored and interested in this topic and I only found a forum on this where everyone was just kinda down eachothers throats. So fuck that. I wanna do my own thing. So here's the deal: I'll make up a scenario and give you some options to respond and allow you to make up your own response. If all goes well I'll make another story to put you guys in. Sound good? Alright here's the story-

So let's say...today zombies start showing up. You don't think zombies are real but you see someone having trouble walking down the street outside your window. Another person passes by but gets visibly and violently grabbed by the first person. They quickly fall to the ground as the passer-byer was taken off guard. Then you see the attacker begin to eat parts off the person they have wrestled to the ground. The person is struggling but can't get up.

Do you
(a) go out and help
(b) continue watching
(c) call for help
(d) make up your own response

Cool topic! :smilenod:

My first instinct would be to call for help or go out and get help, but what kind of help? Find someone with a gun? :notsure: Around here, most people who carry guns are robbers, and they aren't exactly known for their bravery or altruistic tendencies.

I wouldn't want to get too close to the zombie so I wouldn't think of a weapon such an easily available knife. Rationally, the victim is probably going to turn anyways so I would probably leave them if I'm able  to squeeze a thought in during all the panic and commotion.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 13, 2017, 10:55:48 PM

My first instinct would be to call for help or go out and get help, but what kind of help? Find someone with a gun? :notsure:

Since the apocalypse is apparently just starting, I was figuring the police would still be in play for a few days so I would call them and hope for the best.

Arturo, I think we need to clarify what kind of zombies these are: slow and stupid, or fast and smart?  Or fast and stupid or slow and smart?  How I saw the first zombie behaving would make a difference in my reaction.  If it's slow and stupid, my first answer stands with the blanket trick.  I might also arm myself with the golf club my Dad gave me that I'm pretty sure is around here somewhere.  If the zombie is fast and/or smart, I'm barricading myself inside after calling the police.
Sandy

No one

(d) lead the zombies to a meeting of congress.
Without a steady supply of brains, the zombies would starve.

jumbojak

I go out and smash the zombie's head in with my trusty framing hammer. Quick tap with the waffle face to stun it and then the finisher - right between the eyes with the claw. Hopefully, the blood and brains I'm now covered in don't turn me into a zombie...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Books I was planning to do a continuation of this story anyways and start you guys in another one later on with different zombie traits, story line, ect.

So what that means is, I can work the character stats of the zombies and other people in later. Right now this is the first time anyone has seen a zombie that wasn't on tv. How you react is up to you but I'm like the captain of the ship- I don't really do much but I keep everyone together.

I really didn't consider what you wrote about when I first made this because it wasn't apart of the tone I wanted to set. But I thought I'd add it later on to add kibd of a mystery to the idea.

Anyways I hope you'll all participate in this. I almost have the photo finished edited and I'll post it as soon as it's done. But I'll keep the story if you guys like it but if I end up putting you all together, try not to split up because it puts a lot of pressure on me to write a bunch of stories for every person and I just couldn't do that.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Ok, then my reaction stands with the blanket trick.
Sandy

Biggus Dickus

(d) I would call police first, then run outside and see if I could stop it. As I keep several baseball bats handy in the house near front and back doors, and another under my bed I would probably grab one of those and take with me.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Image taken at the scene by community member.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

OK so Davin, Joe, SilverPhinx, and Father Bruno call the police while Books throws the blanket over the zombie. The zombie keeps eating the man's face as he screams. 911 gives the busy signal on everyone's phones. At this point, jumbojak arrives and beats the zombie with a hammer. Then Davin, Joe, and Father Bruno go out, having tried calling the police already, and help with beating the shit out of the zombie on what they believe to be the head under the blanket. The zombie stops moving and there is a lot of blood coming through the blanket.

As both bodies lay there lifeless, you come to realize the fact that you've all lived next to each other for years and never noticed it somehow. But the feeling is fleeting as individual zombies start to slug their way into the neighborhood. They are slow but peppered onto the street and almost seem human. You can hear from someone's radio in their car that the White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, is speaking at the White House: "The President is at still on his golfing trip and will return when it's over." A reporter asks: "But what about the entirety of Congress being killed by cannibals? Isn't he going to return for that?" "The President says everything is fine and he will make up for their duties."

At this point the zombies are getting close and some people run up to them and sock them with their fists to which they explode instantly. The group of people are covered, drenched in blood and a bile that is so foul, it causes them all to puke. The remaining zombies, once slow and docile, run at a full sprint at them. Even the man beneath the blanket takes part in the zombie frenzy. They all impact the smaller group and crush them with the sheer force of all their momentum combined. Some more zombies become revealed as they zeem to come from all corners of the neighborhood. They begin to feast on the small group of people causing blood to squirt out of the mosh pit. There is so much blood coming from them and the zombies that it almost seems to be raining onto the street.

Police arrive on the scene and tell you to get to safety. You all forgot to put gas in your vehicles this morning and have no vehicle to fit all six of you. Just then, a man driving a school bus in a suit for some reason shows up, opens the door and says "You can come with me, or you can die here helping them. Choose quick"

Do you
(a) Go with the man wearing a suit for some strange reason
(b) Help the police
(c) Not go with the police, or the man, and go off on your own
(d) Your own response

So this was a lot of fun to come up with. I hope you guys liked this one. Since I put you in a group I would hope you all choose the same answer, or at least answers that work together. You can discuss it here or whatever if you like. If you do end up choosing too many different answers, I'll start another scenario in the next round.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Without hesitation I jump on the bus with the suit, immediately realizing that the bus was comandeered by a secret agent sent to nip the zombie problem in the bud. That's my first thought anyway. For all I know it could be a church bus driven by a televangelist.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz