News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: Sssss

Started by Recusant, May 13, 2017, 11:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

After considering the ideas I've been given (thank you, all who made suggestions!), I've decided that "S" will be the theme of the next HAF photo challenge. It will be wide open: anything shaped like S, anything beginning with the letter S. Objects, adjectives such as "sinuous," verbs such as "sliding," phrases beginning with the letter S, or indeed, anything that suggests the essence of "S" to you.

I'll be accepting up to four photos from each entrant, and will be accepting them up until the end of this month. Please send your photos via personal message or to my HAF email: recusantathaf |at| gmail.com. If anybody needs help with the technicalities of putting photos on the internet just PM me, and I'll be pleased to assist. See you on the Funway!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Looking forward to Buddy submitting snake pics.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 14, 2017, 01:50:52 AM
The same thought crossed my mind.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 14, 2017, 01:50:52 AM

Quote from: Tank on May 14, 2017, 09:29:34 AM
The same thought crossed my mind.

The Sssss was rather ssssubliminal.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

I'm going to try to get out this coming weekend and take some pictures. It has been ages since I've felt well enough or been physically able to do so.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: Velma on May 15, 2017, 08:40:43 PM
I'm going to try to get out this coming weekend and take some pictures. It has been ages since I've felt well enough or been physically able to do so.
Good to hear, Velma, take care and enjoy!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Velma on May 15, 2017, 08:40:43 PM
Do you have snakes near you?

Biggus Dickus

I like this topic choice, and like Velma I'm going to try and dedicate some time this weekend, and the following to get out and find some interesting subject matter.

Should be fun. 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Can't remember rules: do the pix have to be newly taken for the comp or do old ones qualify?

Recusant

Any photo you've taken qualifies. As far as I know, there's never been a requirement that entries have to have been taken with the challenge in mind.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on May 21, 2017, 11:56:23 AM
Any photo you've taken qualifies. As far as I know, there's never been a requirement that entries have to have been taken with the challenge in mind.
I agree. There is no requirement for the pictures to have been taken for the challenge just that the person submitting them took them.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 21, 2017, 12:29:22 PM
I agree. There is no requirement for the pictures to have been taken for the challenge just that the person submitting them took them.

That's a relief, because I have always selected my entries from the library of photos I have taken over the years.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: Tank on May 21, 2017, 12:29:22 PM

Goody! :)

xSilverPhinx

Can't wait to see the entries. :popcorn:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey