News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

And The Oscar For Best Picture Goes To . . .

Started by xSilverPhinx, February 27, 2017, 02:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Everso, everso whoops!

Bet there were faces the same colour as the famous carpet - with both embarassment and anger.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Yeah, I was watching when it happened.  It was the accounting firm, PriceWaterhouseCooper, that screwed up by handing Beatty the wrong envelope.  Of course, Beatty let Faye Dunnaway read it, so she ends up making the gaffe instead of him.  Nice.

Icarus

Does any of that really amount to a rats ass?   The word on the street is that millions are spent in pre award promotions of one movie, actor, musical score, screenplay or whatever category.  Politics in showbiz?   Perish the thought dear heart.

I confess that I watched Moonlite. It was filmed partly in a  god awful ghetto like place called Liberty City, a part of Miami that is not hospitable for people with pale skin. I have worked there in Liberty City on several occasions when I was in the business of repairing screen printing presses. 

I thought the acting was quite good, maybe not spectacular. The story line varied from the mainstream but did address reality. Yes there are some gay black guys.  That movie is said to have been a remarkably low budget deal, having cost only about one and a half mil. For that I will give them a thumbs up, even the Oscar.  I Have also seen the Manchester By The Sea movie that earned some academy acclaim. It left me completely flat,  I failed to detect the denoumente..... well aw shucks I reckon that I am out of the modern loop and too critical.

Dave

Icarus wrote:
Quote..... well aw shucks I reckon that I am out of the modern loop and too critical.

With you there, buddy.

Memo to self: new tee shirt, "I'm an Old Fart and proud if it!"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74