News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinion

Started by Pasta Chick, December 21, 2016, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

One of my friends just started this thread on Facebook and it's been fun.

Rules are simple: Post a non-political opinion you hold that is generally unpopular. The goal is NOT to argue about them but to find common ground and kindred spirits in your bitter little hearts. For ease of communication it generally works best to post one opinion per post or at least keep opinions per post related, but is not required.

I'll start: I hate wearing yoga pants. They're not comfortable at all; they bunch up and cause wedgies.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 21, 2016, 06:22:26 PM
One of my friends just started this thread on Facebook and it's been fun.

Rules are simple: Post a non-political opinion you hold that is generally unpopular. The goal is NOT to argue about them but to find common ground and kindred spirits in your bitter little hearts. For ease of communication it generally works best to post one opinion per post or at least keep opinions per post related, but is not required.

I'll start: I hate wearing yoga pants. They're not comfortable at all; they bunch up and cause wedgies.

So, I have no problem with what you say.  What am I supposed to do?  I guess we've already found common ground.

Arturo

I think I will like this thread.

My name, Apathy, was not chosen to represent me as a person because I'm not an angsty teen anymore who has to show people who I am. It was chosen because it was cool.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

I don't think other animals or children are any better judges of character than human adults are.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Arturo

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 22, 2016, 05:29:55 AM
I don't think other animals or children are any better judges of character than human adults are.

That's interesting because when I was younger I realized my intellect was better than adults in some cases. I eventually fell out of that but it was interesting to see.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

I think kids are as acute or as gullible as anyone in judging adults.

Animals have such different agendas tp us and are very influenced by their early experience and training.

(But my sister had a "racial" buck rabbit - it hated black men from the first one it saw. Seeing a terrified six foot labourer chased round the garden by a big white rabbit is, er, hilarious! But bunny got locked up 'til the job was done and sis bought them a case of beer.)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on December 22, 2016, 10:52:23 AM
I think kids are as acute or as gullible as anyone in judging adults.

Animals have such different agendas tp us and are very influenced by their early experience and training.

(But my sister had a "racial" buck rabbit - it hated black men from the first one it saw. Seeing a terrified six foot labourer chased round the garden by a big white rabbit is, er, hilarious! But bunny got locked up 'til the job was done and sis bought them a case of beer.)

Did anyone else think of the scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

As far as Brazilians go, I'm apparently atypical because I don't follow football/soccer. I'm not fanatical like some people who get their favourite team symbols tattooed. I didn't watch a single game of the disaster that was the 2014 World Cup (I live in one of the cities that hosted the event and found the whole ordeal to be a huge inconvenience). I simply find the sport boring in every way. 

:headshake:

I'm weird.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

I don't think I'm typical either but I suspect no one is and if they seem so I'm probably missing the nuances.
Some have the urge to agglomerate, some are more at ease being separate, some fault in their upbringing.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 22, 2016, 11:53:59 AM
As far as Brazilians go, I'm apparently atypical because I don't follow football/soccer. I'm not fanatical like some people who get their favourite team symbols tattooed. I didn't watch a single game of the disaster that was the 2014 World Cup (I live in one of the cities that hosted the event and found the whole ordeal to be a huge inconvenience). I simply find the sport boring in every way. 

:headshake:

I'm weird.

I think you are perfectly normal, xSP!

There was a certain World Cup where I actually watched a game - only time in my life.

Bad Penny II

I think you are perfectly normal Gloucester.
Though Phinx is more interesting than that.

Rules are simple:

You say it's simple but I require clarification.
Are you supposed to reply to the previous post or would I be free to comment on yoga pants even now?
I suppose I'll apologise for punching Gloucester in the stomach if I have to.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Only three things are needed for survival: food, water and the barest level of comfort.

(Notie I said "survival", "enjoyment" is a whole other thing.)

Tom62

Quote from: Gloucester on December 22, 2016, 03:18:35 PM
Only three things are needed for survival: food, water and the barest level of comfort.

(Notie I said "survival", "enjoyment" is a whole other thing.)

I agree, food, water and a 5 star luxury resort will do the trick.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 22, 2016, 02:34:51 PM

Rules are simple:

You say it's simple but I require clarification.
Are you supposed to reply to the previous post or would I be free to comment on yoga pants even now?
I suppose I'll apologise for punching Gloucester in the stomach if I have to.

Only if you want to. They are, afterall, unpopular opinions. Forcing response seems like it would bring unneeded negativity.

Pasta Chick

Ketchup (and katsup) are criminally disgusting and ruin anything they touch.