News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

If reports are correct, the zombie-eyed granny starver will be sooo pleased with Trump's budget proposals: "Trump Budget May Break Promise to Protect Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid" | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

While we're on the subject of MAGA stomping on less fortunate citizens of the US, let's check in on what Cruella De Vil Betsy DeVos has been up to: "Is There a Point to All This Cruelty?" | Esquire

QuoteThe cuts would come from eliminating at least 22 programs, some of which Trump outlined in March. Gone, for example, would be $1.2 billion for after-school programs that serve 1.6 million children, most of whom are poor, and $2.1 billion for teacher training and class-size reduction. The documents obtained by The Post — dated May 23, the day the president's budget is expected to be released — outline the rest of the cuts, including a $15 million program that provides child care for low-income parents in college; a $27 million arts education program; two programs targeting Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian students, totaling $65 million; two international education and foreign language programs, $72 million; a $12 million program for gifted students; and $12 million for Special Olympics education programs...

...The Trump administration would dedicate no money to a fund for student support and academic enrichment that is meant to help schools pay for, among other things, mental-health services, anti-bullying initiatives, physical education, Advanced Placement courses and science and engineering instruction. Congress created the fund, which totals $400 million this fiscal year, by rolling together several smaller programs. Lawmakers authorized as much as $1.65 billion, but the administration's budget for it in the next fiscal year is zero.

Is there a point to all this gratuitous cruelty? Why, yes, there is.

QuoteThe cuts would make space for investments in choice, including $500 million for charter schools, up 50 percent over current funding. The administration also wants to spend $250 million on "Education Innovation and Research Grants," which would pay for expanding and studying the impacts of vouchers for private and religious schools. It's not clear how much would be spent on research versus on the vouchers themselves.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Dead Presidents on Trump: Andrew Jackson (4 of 5)

Magdalena

^^
Those videos are great, joeactor:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on May 19, 2017, 05:25:05 PM
^^
Those videos are great, joeactor:lol:

Thanks! Only one left to go...

joeactor

Dead Presidents on Trump: Abraham Lincoln (5 of 5)

Magdalena

joeactor

Good one, Mags - I caught that the other day.

Of course, there's zero chance that Trump will do any of those things. Unless it's completely random.

jumbojak

So, the trump regime recently imposed its first new tarrifs. On Canada! Step one is to tax lumber imports in an effort to help struggling dairy farmers in Wisconsin...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 24, 2017, 06:56:03 PM
So, the trump regime recently imposed its first new tarrifs. On Canada! Step one is to tax lumber imports in an effort to help struggling dairy farmers in Wisconsin...

Nonsense trumps good sense yet again, it seems.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

When he signed away your rights to know when your ISP gives away your internet usage habits, someone said if you're not doing anything wrong, you're okay. I've heard that before from my father about the phone taps infamously used by George Bush.

However I think this is different. They can now use this information to manipulate you and take out individuals and groups who "won't just get with the program". This is a hairline away from a dictatorship.

They can say it's for catching terrorists but from what Snowden showed us was that the only information they have is used for racial profiling. Which doesn't catch anyone (judging by the looks of all the homegrown attacks in the US) and might just make those in the information community cynical of those of a different ethnicity.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 25, 2017, 01:00:22 AM
Donald gets ready for his big boy trip.
:lol:
Mr. Steve tells me Muslims are the bad guys, but General Jim says I have to be nice to them. It's confusing!
But Ivanka said I should be brave. "Who's my big brave boy?" Ivanka asked me.

"I am," I said. "I'm a big brave boy."

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus