News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Joe's Dump (my new blog ;-)

Started by joeactor, February 03, 2014, 02:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

joeactor

Remember when I shaved my head?
Now I'm playin' with my hair instead!
http://www.joesdump.com/2017/07/03/hair-play/

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on July 03, 2017, 03:17:15 PM
:lol: I liked the Carpathian one.

Yeah - I should buy the outfit for conventions!

joeactor

Davin

That is great.

I am getting more and more frustrated with our supposed representatives.

For the driving... if you're driving a car, you're controlling and responsible for a dangerous machine, act like it.

If only everyone would just do their fucking job.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on July 10, 2017, 05:25:14 PM
That is great.

For the driving... if you're driving a car, you're controlling and responsible for a dangerous machine, act like it.

One-size-fits-all solution!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: joeactor on July 10, 2017, 08:54:40 PM
Quote from: Davin on July 10, 2017, 05:25:14 PM
That is great.

One-size-fits-all solution!

Totally agree with this Joe, we should make t-shirts and coffee mugs..."Do your fucking Job"!

I'd even consider getting that as a tattoo.

joeactor

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: joeactor on July 17, 2017, 04:08:35 PM
I've never seen Game of Thrones... or Seinfeld... or... (read on!)

http://www.joesdump.com/2017/07/17/things-ive-never-seen/

Damn'it Joe...I can understand not seeing one of these newer television series like Breaking Bad, or Game of Thrones...I'm not seen either myself, nor have I seen Downtown Abbey, or Walking Dead, etc...the only ones similar to these I've seen is the first complete season of True Detective, and Fargo, and that was only because we had the DVD's and watched them over a couple weeks. (I really enjoyed both of these a lot by the way, very, very good)
Frankly I just don't have the time to watch anything on a regular basis, even if I record...my DVR is so full of stuff I've recorded that I haven't watched it's ridiculous.

But Joe, how can you have never watched a complete Seinfeld episode? These things are so syndicated you can practically watch an episode anytime of the day or night, hell they're even available on YouTube? (I would think even from a professional standpoint you'd be curious as well)

And the Godfather movies? What the hell man! I mean the first two are classic, seriously you don't get movies made much better with regards to acting, directing, cinematography, writing, etc...you need to sit down and watch at least the first two, please. I'll even pay for the popcorn!

Dr Zhivago, sigh...I've watched this with the sound off just to admire Julie Christie (I love Julie).

I've also never seen any of the following:
Dexter
Bourne Movies
Mission Impossible Movies
Spiderman 2-8
Iron Man 1-10
Rocky 4-50
Behind the Green Door (All the way through that is, always miss the beginning)
Captain America (Basically any live action superhero movies, just not my thing)
Any reality shows with the exception of  American Pickers, and Antiques Roadshow.

Joe, here's a scene from my favorite Seinfeld episode, Library Cop. I love the actor, Phillip Baker Hall in this episode who play's the library cop, he really played the character well, character's name by the way is "Joe Bookman".

I wish they would have had more episodes with him, in fact I just saw him last night as a priest in the remake of Amityville Horror (Don't waste your time watching this, as it was horrible)

Watch this Joe, and then I want a full report back to me with your opinion. 8)

joeactor

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 17, 2017, 06:21:36 PM
Joe, here's a scene from my favorite Seinfeld episode, Library Cop. I love the actor, Phillip Baker Hall in this episode who play's the library cop, he really played the character well, character's name by the way is "Joe Bookman".

Phillip Baker Hall was very funny. Seinfeld... not so much. That's probably why I don't watch more. I thought the supporting cast was all much stronger than Seinfeld, so he kinda brought the show down. At least in scenes that I've watched.  With this one, the writing was very clever, but it's two straight men. In order for Seinfeld to be funny, he'd have to be the funny man instead... not happening for me.

... but the Library Cop - hilarious! (if that makes any sense)

I'll probably get around to watching some of the iconic films I've missed when I retire. Gimmie a couple decades and I'll get back to you ;-)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: joeactor on July 17, 2017, 09:22:49 PM

Phillip Baker Hall was very funny. Seinfeld... not so much. That's probably why I don't watch more. I thought the supporting cast was all much stronger than Seinfeld, so he kinda brought the show down. At least in scenes that I've watched.  With this one, the writing was very clever, but it's two straight men. In order for Seinfeld to be funny, he'd have to be the funny man instead... not happening for me.

I'll probably get around to watching some of the iconic films I've missed when I retire. Gimmie a couple decades and I'll get back to you ;-)

I agree with you, Seinfeld himself as a comedian I don't care for, but I think his relevance in the show was that he was the stable or grounding person all of the weirder and unruly supporting members could play off of.

Sort of like Bud Abbot from Abbot and Costello, I liked Lou a lot and thought he was very funny, but Bud sometimes made me cringe even though his role was that of a straight man...(I love their movies as a young boy. I used to get up early every Sunday morning while everyone else was sleeping and watch their movies, and through them I was introduced to the music of the Andrew Sister's and Ella Fitzgerald)

joeactor

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 18, 2017, 02:57:39 PM
Quote from: joeactor on July 17, 2017, 09:22:49 PM

I agree with you, Seinfeld himself as a comedian I don't care for, but I think his relevance in the show was that he was the stable or grounding person all of the weirder and unruly supporting members could play off of.

Sort of like Bud Abbot from Abbot and Costello, I liked Lou a lot and thought he was very funny, but Bud sometimes made me cringe even though his role was that of a straight man...(I love their movies as a young boy. I used to get up early every Sunday morning while everyone else was sleeping and watch their movies, and through them I was introduced to the music of the Andrew Sister's and Ella Fitzgerald)

Abbot and Costello were fantastic - great contrast. And Ella's iconic.