Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Parenting Beyond Belief / Re: "transgenderism" in children
« Last post by No one on Today at 11:52:13 PM »
Now now Argentium, it's always the ill-informed's place to blather on and tell others just how wrong they truly are.
Media / Re: Real face of America and Israel
« Last post by No one on Today at 11:44:10 PM »
I lost my sympathies for humanity very long ago. Fighting over a patch of dirt that was here long  before you were, and will be here long after you're gone is futile, and only further illustrates the backwards thinking of the planets most devastating virus.
Parenting Beyond Belief / Re: "transgenderism" in children
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 11:36:39 PM »
Add to that all these multiple "genders" they've cooked up in their heads.  I'm too old to follow the sort of nonsense they cook up and it's all a bit confusing.  They can have all the genders they want I guess, but in reality there are only 2 sexes.

:eyebrow: Is gender identity the same thing as biological sex?

They can go chopping off or adding whatever parts and injecting hormones and all that, but the thing's DNA is either a male or female (yes there are birth defects that make it look likes it's a bit of both, but does it produce babies or does it produce sperm?  Do any of these "hermaphrodite" humans self-fertilize themselves?  do they produce viable sperms? or do they conceive and birth a child?

It's way more complex than you paint it, and it isn't down to just what chromosomes the individual has. 

For instance:

People with 5 alpha-Reductase deficiency cannot produce dihydrotestosterone from testosterone. Androgen receptors are more sensitive to dihydrotestosterone than testosterone and people with this condition are known to be raised female only to grow a penis at the start of puberty, around the age of 12. Surprise!

Speaking of androgens, there is also the androgen insensitivity syndrome, in which individuals are genetically male (XY) but cells that are responsible for the development of male characteristics do not respond to male hormones, and so have underdeveloped genitalia and possibly a female gender identity.

Ever hear of XX male syndrome? It's when an X contains a sex-determining region Y (SRY). SRYs are found in most Y chromosomes and favour the development of male characteristics.

Those are the few that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

Personally, I don't think it's anyone's place to tell someone what their gender identity is. It's insulting and insinuates that you know more about their mental and physiological state than they do.
Parenting Beyond Belief / "transgenderism" in children
« Last post by AngelOfDeath on Today at 11:01:36 PM »
Someone in another forum somewhere was pointing out some ironies about how they "gov't policies" are allowing children to undergo surgical and hormonal sexual modification, because the child identifies itself as the sex that it is not, but by the same standard children cannot consent to sex.  So they can undergo quite extreme surgeries to modify their genitalia and hormone therapy which can also be quite extreme, and permanant, especially in developing children.  From what I understand, far left policy in the US is allowing this to happen legally. 

There was a cover on the national geographic a couple years back that was a transsexual little boy, or girl? Anyway it was a male to female "transgendered" child.  I did a little background research on that cover, and came to the conclusion that that child's parents were really not fit parents, and had shaped the little boy to become a transsexual from a very young age.

So anyway, children cannot consent to sex (which i agree with) but according to far left logic it is ok for them to consent to extreme surgical genital body modification along with hormonal body modification.  What do you all think of this sort of thing?  I think the far-left (or whatever the hell they are) has gone totally nutty in promoting this kind of thing.  Add to that all these multiple "genders" they've cooked up in their heads.  I'm too old to follow the sort of nonsense they cook up and it's all a bit confusing.  They can have all the genders they want I guess, but in reality there are only 2 sexes.  They can go chopping off or adding whatever parts and injecting hormones and all that, but the thing's DNA is either a male or female (yes there are birth defects that make it look likes it's a bit of both, but does it produce babies or does it produce sperm?  Do any of these "hermaphrodite" humans self-fertilize themselves?  do they produce viable sperms? or do they conceive and birth a child?

Ok, I got off track a bit.  The question is basically what do y'all think of people trying to turn little boys into little girls and vice versa?  Is this something the parents and child should be allowed to decide?  You think if some 8 years old boy decides that one day he's a girl that the parents should be able to take him to the doctor and get all the male anatomy cut off, and try to surgically construct a "false vagina", and then get him on the estrogen shots?  I think I'm gettin too old for this world.  All seems quite insane.

Thoughts?
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What are you doing right now?
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 11:00:32 PM »
You will burn in hell for working on Sunday xSP.  But not if you go to mass first? :unsure:

If I'm going there anyway... :grin:

Maybe if I find a Father and confess the sin all will be well?

Where is Papacito Bruno when you need him? :sherlock2:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What are you doing right now?
« Last post by Icarus on Today at 10:50:05 PM »
You will burn in hell for working on Sunday xSP.  But not if you go to mass first? :unsure:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: HAF Photo Challenge: A Different Perspective
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 09:40:34 PM »
:domanatrix: Git postin' peeps! 

Media / Re: Real face of America and Israel
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 09:29:11 PM »
I've lost any sympathies towards Israel and Palestine many years ago

Me too.
Social Issues and Causes / Re: virtuous pedophiles?
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 09:28:07 PM »
...If one condiders the condition to be a psychological one, a mental illness, then it should be viewed as any other mental illness.

But can sexual preference be viewed as a mental illness if it is not socially acceptable? :notsure: For instance, homosexuality was seen as such in the not too distant past, and some in the mental health profession still consider it to be.

(I am not equating homosexual relations between two consenting adults with pedophilia, just using it as an example to try and illustrate my point.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10