Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Graphics Interchange Format (WARNING)
« Last post by Arturo on Today at 04:57:06 AM »

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Graphics Interchange Format (WARNING)
« Last post by Arturo on Today at 04:50:08 AM »

Okay fine but did you notice that the guy on the right was brushing his tiny teddy bear that also has no hair?
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by jumbojak on Today at 02:39:39 AM »
I just cut the ever loving shit out if my thumb. The cut was clean enough that it doesn't hurt but I'm bleeding through the bandage. Might have to break out the super glue if it doesn't stop soon.

Go get some gauze from the store and put pressure on it to stop the bleeding then wrap that shit tight.

That's what they told me in first aid anyways.

If it's still bleeding, might have to go to the doctor instead of poisoning your skin with glue.

As Matt Damon said to Jeff Bridges, it will knit. Also, superglue is fantastic for stopping bleeding in a pinch. It burns a little but I cut myself a lot and driving an hour to the nearest hospital for stitches isn't feasible in a lot of cases.
Philosophy / Re: Why The Misogyny?
« Last post by Arturo on Today at 02:37:09 AM »
I've been watching the treatment of Hillary for decades, we had a female Labor prime minister for a while.
Well at the best of times conservatives can't abide the left in power, conservatives were born to rule.
They become more rabid when a women is raised above them, I found their behaviour repugnant.
I think their dog whistling was and is effective.
Have you had one expound their demented world view expecting you to be one them?
I know I have a pro woman bias, I'm going keep it though.
All men should teach their sons, "you don't hit girls".
Though so many fuck off leaving the women to do the lifting.
They are not an other, they are ours, they are us.

I don't know why I am getting into this but here I go anyway.

Women have more stamina. When looking at weight lifters, male and females have basic common physiology that works the same way. However, the difference comes from the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone. While males roughly have 6x more T while females have around 9x more E. The testosterone is good for males to be more explosive and spontaneous. Given the nature of male...nature, this may explain a lot. Going further, female's estrogen gives them the ability to be more slow, and last longer with more reps. And given the nature, this may be why they tend to live longer than men.

Of course these are basic common traits and do not apply to everyone, but these are just the way things work. This might be why the situation as it is that you say "men leave women to do the lifting".

Personally I think women can handle more stress than men, but they still need breaks. Everyone does.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last post by jumbojak on Today at 02:36:35 AM »
And of course, with new calves on the ground the goddamn coyotes come out. I might be out here all night if Nute doesn't show.
« Last post by Dragonia on Today at 02:28:54 AM »
^^^ it sounds lovely and productive.  :tellmemore:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by Arturo on Today at 02:20:49 AM »
I just cut the ever loving shit out if my thumb. The cut was clean enough that it doesn't hurt but I'm bleeding through the bandage. Might have to break out the super glue if it doesn't stop soon.

Go get some gauze from the store and put pressure on it to stop the bleeding then wrap that shit tight.

That's what they told me in first aid anyways.

If it's still bleeding, might have to go to the doctor instead of poisoning your skin with glue.
Ask HAF / Re: HAF Cutlery
« Last post by Arturo on Today at 02:16:34 AM »
Ask HAF / Re: HAF Cutlery
« Last post by jumbojak on Today at 01:34:03 AM »
I just realized that I need a new one. My lance really isn't appropriate anymore.
« Last post by jumbojak on Today at 01:14:41 AM »
I'm looking for someone Dragonia. Somewhat difficult to find though.

Today I'm actually feeling pretty good. Cutting myself earlier today showed me that my sharpening technique is just about perfect, I got two good tires on the finishing harrow, and now I'm tending the burn pile. The weather is nice now that the thunderstorms have cleared out, very few mosquitos are out and it isn't time for mayflies yet. Steelers Wheel is on the radio too. Oh, and the moon is almost full. Just watching the fire burn down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10