Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I'll go with that, xSP!

It seems in keeping with responses to danger - the instinctive, often mindless, panic of the average person and the more considered approach of the trained, experienced or simply more pragmatic person. This is not to say that believers in the supernatural cannot also have those positive qualities but their attribution of "cause abd effect" may be different and that may modify their behaviour.

Is the priest or believer who saves the life of another going against his or her god's intended fate for that person?
Current Events / Re: Manchester concert explosion
« Last Post by Gloucester on Today at 12:00:12 AM »
Interesting enough, none of the news reports that I've seen (in Dutch, German and English) mention the M- and I- words

The mention of "the so-called Islamic State", in terms of claimed responsibility, is the only use I can remember. A few Muslims have expressed their belief that this is not a valid expression of Islam.

There does seem to be a reasonable separation between the belief as interpreted by the "Muslim in the street" and a few dangerous hot-heads in this country still. There is certainly no sense of tension in Gloucester, with its reasonably high Asian population. The Muslim shopworkers etc are just carrying on as normal. No back-lash, which is a large part of IS's aims we are told. I would nit be surpised to hear of extra security at the rugby ground or at the upcoming "Tall Ships" event in the city

Trouble is, as they often say, the security agencies have to be "lucky" every time, the terrorists only have to get "lucky" once to create a slaughter. It takes at least six operatives to watch one person 24/7 and the estimated numbers of suspects varies between 50 active snd 2000 potential.
Ask HAF / Re: Words, Words And More Words!
« Last Post by Gloucester on May 23, 2017, 11:35:24 PM »
I have a question for Gloucester not related to the word, monikered.
Tell me, my friend, how is the Think Humanism forum:eyebrow:

Blimey, Mags, definitely a bit of a non-secateur, eh, what?

Much the same as ever, two characters having a continued political arguement about the same things they have been hitting heads on for years, a few playing games, odd bit of discussion on current affairs . . . No mention of Manchester yet that I have noticed.

Ask HAF / Re: Words, Words And More Words!
« Last Post by Gloucester on May 23, 2017, 11:18:10 PM »
Yeah... :notsure:

Probably "had the moniker" is a better option?

I was mentally linking "monikered" as a synonym for "named" or "called" - "What's he monikered?"
Miscellaneous / Re: The Psychics of HAF...
« Last Post by Magdalena on May 23, 2017, 10:04:42 PM »
6. Pahu, Dredge, Keke, Nam, MatureMcLeod, will come back to the forum.
Oh god, please no.  I don't care about most of these jokers, but I'd really like Nam to stay his arrogant, grouchy, asshole self away. He is SUCH a bad apple.
:snicker:
Current Events / Re: Manchester concert explosion
« Last Post by Tom62 on May 23, 2017, 09:30:39 PM »
Interesting enough, none of the news reports that I've seen (in Dutch, German and English) mention the M- and I- words
Politics / Re: Deeper into the Trump Abyss.
« Last Post by Arturo on May 23, 2017, 09:22:20 PM »
Only further confirms the Donald is an insecure narcissist trying to grab things for comfort.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Doesn't fit under any other thread image dump
« Last Post by Arturo on May 23, 2017, 09:11:30 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10