News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

arab-israeli conflict

Started by Asmodean Prime, July 26, 2006, 01:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Court

Ugh, onlyme, are you one of those crazies who thinks the end is nigh?
I highly doubt I will see any bible prophesies come true. So, no, I'm not going to wait. They're mystical crap.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Asmodean Prime

court, I am one of those fundies who always think the end is nigh.

Yes, in a way.  For one thing, as St. Paul said, Christians have always had to live in the end times.

Personally, i think that we all live in the endtimes because, in a real sense, if we die tomorrow, it is the 'end of the world' for us, as far as 'we' are concerned.   We will never have another chance to partake in the world again, as we know it, so it is the end times for US.  It is the 'end of the world', whatever generation we live in.   Just my own observation.  It might be wrong.   But it is surely the 'end of the world' concerning 'us'

Aullios

Onlyme,

You are a demented fuckwit.

Source: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006 ... alypti.php

Asmodean Prime

aullios

thanks for that, pal

iplaw

Why do the younger people on this board tend to resort to namecalling like fuckwit and dickweed and such?  onlyme and I may not see eye to eye on things but let's all grow up a little.

Court

Aullios, you make me laugh. :lol:
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Aullios

Quote from: "iplaw"Why do the younger people on this board tend to resort to namecalling like fuckwit and dickweed and such?  onlyme and I may not see eye to eye on things but let's all grow up a little.

If you read my link, you could see that I meant it as a joke.   Have a sense of humor, perhaps?

iplaw

Sorry.  A little trigger happy regarding this topic as I get tired of it from Big Mac.

Asmodean Prime

I agree that Bigmac can come across as arrogant and offensive at first glance.   From my experience, though, he is only in it for a joke, though he has some valid points to make when he feels like it, which i respect.

Take is in your stride, that's what I say.  He's young, but he has a lot to say, much of it which is relevant.

Live and let live

Asmodean Prime

iplaw, i agree with you

it seems that there is a general conspiracy against the Jews, who are seen as the scourge of civilization.

Although I don't agree with the suffering and death of both sides of this conflict, I do agree that the Jews have always been made the scapegoat in any world crisis.  

I am for the Jews.  I am for Israel.  This small country in the middle east is always at the forefront of world politics, a fact that the wider world in general will have to get used to, sooner of later.  I believe that this is for a reason.  I also believe that this reason will affect us all.

As God said, regarding Israel, "I will bless them that bless you, and I will curse them that curse you."

Take it or leave it.  That's what God said.  That is what I believe.  Prove me right, or prove me wrong.  But wait til the final scene has been played out before passing judgement, in my opinion.   It's not over yet.

Big Mac

Quote from: "iplaw"Sorry.  A little trigger happy regarding this topic as I get tired of it from Big Mac.

Hey I still love ya pal, though the feeling may not be mutual. Yeah I'm a dick, but it's not really that bad of a lot in life. Better than being an asshole or a pussy (Team America....all the fucking way! FUCK YEAH!).
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Big Mac

Quote from: "onlyme"I agree that Bigmac can come across as arrogant and offensive at first glance.   From my experience, though, he is only in it for a joke, though he has some valid points to make when he feels like it, which i respect.

Take is in your stride, that's what I say.  He's young, but he has a lot to say, much of it which is relevant.

Live and let live

Eh, you're alright, a little too religious for my tastes but not a bad fellow over all. At least you seem to try to be a good Christian. That I can respect, though I highly disagree with.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Asmodean Prime

Bigmac, maybe I am a little too religious for your taste, but its just what I believe, that's all.  I'm willing to accept my limitations and consider that we (men) are not the be-all and end-all.

As for Christianity, I'm pretty sure that nobody can really disagree with or hate EVERY aspect of Christianity and what it stands for, even unbelievers, because, as I see it, Christians at least do try to live a better life in a lot of ways, maybe because they foresee a time when they will have to answer to God for their actions.  Even if you think they are deluded, they still at least try to aspire to better things.  That can't be all bad, surely.

Court

Christianity is one of the most depressingly repressive religions out there. I feel sorry for people who try to be "good christians."
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Court"Christianity is one of the most depressingly repressive religions out there. I feel sorry for people who try to be "good christians."

court, surely you have heard about how muslims treat their women and lawbreakers.  That is more repressive than Christianity.

As for repressive, well, to be honest, I think that in Christianity, 90 percent of the battle is within ourselves, that is, directed at controlling our own selfish desires rather than imposing such views on the world.  Removing the beam from our own eye before pointing out the speck in our brother's.   I'm not altogether sure that that is a bad thing.  It may be difficult for us to try and control our own selfish urges and desires, etc, but it's generally for the benefit of society at large.  This relates to other postings I've made, for example, single parent families, paedophilia, and other things.   All I'm saying is that sometimes we need to keep ourselves in check for the good of others, rather than being a 'me, me' generation which seeks only our own fulfilment, and to hell with the rest.  

This is what Christianity is about for me.