News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Bluenose on the move

Started by Bluenose, September 28, 2018, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Quote from: Icarus on September 28, 2018, 11:55:33 PM
Blue, you are helluva good man to sacrifice your own comfort for the benefit of your DIL.  Let us hope that she is paying attention to the noble sacrifice that you are so willing to make.  Here is a salute to you.......... even though I may not be of the same persuasion in such a circumstance.  :cheersfortwo:

Oh I don't know.  It will be a little bit of an inconvenience perhaps, but it's no worse than going camping, except I usually "free" camp, not in caravan parks so off grid.  At least in the caravan park I will have power and water and access to BBQs and washing facilities. and won't have to use the porta-potti.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bluenose on September 28, 2018, 09:28:11 AM
My DIL is heavily pregnant with my second granddaughter.  She and my son need the room I'm using as a second nursery, so I've been looking for somewhere to rent to move into.  Not had much lick so far, so I'm getting my caravan out of storage and moving into it on a long term site in a caravan park near where I used to live.  Once I find a suitable rental, I'll move into there but in the meantime I'm more or less camping out!

Such an interesting life you lead!  Camping out may be fun for awhile, but I too hope you get into a nice apartment soon, even if it's only a studio. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bluenose

Quote from: Sandra Craft on September 30, 2018, 02:17:57 AM
Quote from: Bluenose on September 28, 2018, 09:28:11 AM
My DIL is heavily pregnant with my second granddaughter.  She and my son need the room I'm using as a second nursery, so I've been looking for somewhere to rent to move into.  Not had much lick so far, so I'm getting my caravan out of storage and moving into it on a long term site in a caravan park near where I used to live.  Once I find a suitable rental, I'll move into there but in the meantime I'm more or less camping out!

Such an interesting life you lead!  Camping out may be fun for awhile, but I too hope you get into a nice apartment soon, even if it's only a studio.

Oh, I'm sure I'll find somewhere soon.  Also, one man's interesting life is another's hum-drum existence...  :grin:

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 28, 2018, 10:54:00 AM
I hope you can find something more permanent with winter on its way. A caravan is probably not the best place to be in cold weather.
He lives in Australia. It never gets really cold in Australia!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on September 30, 2018, 08:17:32 AM
I hope you can find something more permanent with winter on its way. A caravan is probably not the best place to be in cold weather.

In an earlier post I said that I'd forgotten that he was in Australia. You would think South African winters would also be mild, but it depends on where you are in the country.

https://www.goodthingsguy.com/environment/snow-south-africa-beautiful/
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bluenose

Oh really?

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bluenose

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 30, 2018, 09:12:44 AM

In an earlier post I said that I'd forgotten that he was in Australia. You would think South African winters would also be mild, but it depends on where you are in the country.

Same over here.  Midday temperatures in this country can vary from -5°C to +30°C or higher in the middle of winter depending on where you are.  Where I live, in Melbourne, it rarely has a maximum temperature below 11 or 12°C, overnight it very rarely goes below zero.  In some parts of the country, especially out in the desert, you can get daytime maximums over 30°C with night-time temperatures dropping well below zero.  The popular concept that it is always warm or hot in Aussie is really a bit of a myth.  Unless we're trying to BS foreign visitors, then we'll talk up the heat, especially because drop bears love the heat...

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Bluenose on September 30, 2018, 10:48:41 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on September 30, 2018, 09:12:44 AM

Same over here.  Midday temperatures in this country can vary from -5°C to +30°C or higher in the middle of winter depending on where you are.  Where I live, in Melbourne, it rarely has a maximum temperature below 11 or 12°C, overnight it very rarely goes below zero.  In some parts of the country, especially out in the desert, you can get daytime maximums over 30°C with night-time temperatures dropping well below zero.  The popular concept that it is always warm or hot in Aussie is really a bit of a myth.  Unless we're trying to BS foreign visitors, then we'll talk up the heat, especially because drop bears love the heat...

Some winters we get snow in Johannesburg. Unfortunately, our architects seem to think we live in a warm country. Most houses are inadequately insulated, so I suffer more in winter here than I do in Northern Europe.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on September 30, 2018, 10:40:42 AM

Oh really?

:hooked:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

Quote from: Tank on October 02, 2018, 10:42:54 AM
Quote from: Bluenose on September 30, 2018, 10:40:42 AM

Oh really?

:hooked:

:grin:

GNU Terry Pratchett