News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Bluenose on the move

Started by Bluenose, September 28, 2018, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

My DIL is heavily pregnant with my second granddaughter.  She and my son need the room I'm using as a second nursery, so I've been looking for somewhere to rent to move into.  Not had much lick so far, so I'm getting my caravan out of storage and moving into it on a long term site in a caravan park near where I used to live.  Once I find a suitable rental, I'll move into there but in the meantime I'm more or less camping out!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Dave

Quote from: Bluenose on September 28, 2018, 09:28:11 AM
My DIL is heavily pregnant with my second granddaughter.  She and my son need the room I'm using as a second nursery, so I've been looking for somewhere to rent to move into.  Not had much lick so far, so I'm getting my caravan out of storage and moving into it on a long term site in a caravan park near where I used to live.  Once I find a suitable rental, I'll move into there but in the meantime I'm more or less camping out!

Ah, so the old must make way for the new? Ever was it so.

Hope you find suitable accomodation at a decent rent soon, Bluenose.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

I hope you can find something more permanent with winter on its way. A caravan is probably not the best place to be in cold weather.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bluenose

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 28, 2018, 10:54:00 AM
I hope you can find something more permanent with winter on its way. A caravan is probably not the best place to be in cold weather.

LOL, no, it's summer approaching in the Antipodes.  I've been in the caravan during 40°C+ days (104°F+) and it was quite comfortable with a small fan.  I'll be OK, doubt it will take all summer to find somewhere.

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bluenose

Quote from: Dave on September 28, 2018, 09:40:08 AM
Quote from: Bluenose on September 28, 2018, 09:28:11 AM

Ah, so the old must make way for the new? Ever was it so.

Hope you find suitable accomodation at a decent rent soon, Bluenose.

Yep, knew this would happen once the DIL got preggas, I'm not complaining, another fabulous little girl to bounce on my knee!  :grin:

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Bluenose on September 28, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

LOL, no, it's summer approaching in the Antipodes.  I've been in the caravan during 40°C+ days (104°F+) and it was quite comfortable with a small fan.  I'll be OK, doubt it will take all summer to find somewhere.

Sorry, silly me. I forgot where you were. I'm in the same situation, with summer coming. Today the temperature is 30° here.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bluenose

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 28, 2018, 11:37:06 AM

Sorry, silly me. I forgot where you were. I'm in the same situation, with summer coming. Today the temperature is 30° here.

Ha ha!  Easy mistake to make given the majority of our members are from northern latitudes.  I'm far from offended!

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Bluenose on September 28, 2018, 11:47:58 AM

Ha ha!  Easy mistake to make given the majority of our members are from northern latitudes.  I'm far from offended!

Er, hang on . . . Hermes, where do you live?

:query:

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on September 28, 2018, 11:58:25 AM

Currently in Johannesburg, South Africa.
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 28, 2018, 12:14:48 PM

Oops! I re-read your post, you corrected yourself - my illness is affecting my brain!

:redface:

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on September 28, 2018, 12:34:34 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on September 28, 2018, 12:14:48 PM

Oops! I re-read your post, you corrected yourself - my illness is affecting my brain!

:redface:
:therethere:
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Do caravan parks have internet? :watching:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Blue, you are helluva good man to sacrifice your own comfort for the benefit of your DIL.  Let us hope that she is paying attention to the noble sacrifice that you are so willing to make.  Here is a salute to you.......... even though I may not be of the same persuasion in such a circumstance.  :cheersfortwo:

Bluenose

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 28, 2018, 03:01:33 PM
Do caravan parks have internet? :watching:

Possibly, but I can use my phone's hotspot as I have a reasonable data allowance on it (20 GB).  It would probably be better than using WiFi at the caravan park anyway.

GNU Terry Pratchett