News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

A post-death apology from theists

Started by donkeyhoty, November 05, 2006, 05:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkeyhoty

As an atheist, provided we're right(of course we are), would you like a limbo-ish area for a brief post-death apology from a god-lover before we blink into nothingness?  You know, just for that last moment of, "I told you so" satisfaction.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

Whitney

At that point would it really matter anymore?  Forced apologies don't really mean much to me....those that would really need to apologize (fundamentalists/evangelists) would have already done their damage to society and would probably not be sincere in their apology.

A brief moment to verify who was right or wrong after death would be interesting (yet, if there was such a moment then it would probably be the theists who are right...on some level or another).

donkeyhoty

I was going for more of, Would it be possible for a theist to admit that there was no god after finding such to be true? So, not really an apology, but an admittance, or, "my bad, there's no god".
Ignoring, of course, whether this would even be possible.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

McQ

Quote from: "donkeyhoty"I was going for more of, Would it be possible for a theist to admit that there was no god after finding such to be true? So, not really an apology, but an admittance, or, "my bad, there's no god".
Ignoring, of course, whether this would even be possible.

Nah....I already know. Nice idea though.  :wink:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

I'd rather have a tour of the universe and a meet-and-greet with others who had previously left the mortal coil.  Rationally, I know that's not gonna happen but since we're dreaming...

donkeyhoty

I hear they make a guide for touring the universe

MommaSquid

But hitchhiking isn't safe.   :(