News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Apathy's YouTube Channel

Started by Arturo, November 03, 2016, 09:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on November 13, 2016, 05:40:36 PM
New video where I answer Dragonia's questions

EDIT: Forgot video link :o

That chin goatee with the light mustache...it looks good...I like it.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on November 14, 2016, 04:58:37 AM

Yes thank you. My Dad gave it to me when I turned 14.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on November 14, 2016, 05:02:39 AM

Yes, very nice.  :smilenod:
I think our 13-year-old son gets most of his facial hair from his dad, as well.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Apathy on November 14, 2016, 05:02:39 AM

You won the internets! Love that answer!

No one

Magdalena:
Yes, very nice.
I think our 13-year-old son gets most of his facial hair from his dad, as well.

Most? Where does the rest come from?

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on November 14, 2016, 07:00:49 PM
Magdalena:
Yes, very nice.
I think our 13-year-old son gets most of his facial hair from his dad, as well.

Most? Where does the rest come from?
:secrets1: That's complicated, difficult to explain.  :grin:

solidsquid

Quote from: Apathy on November 14, 2016, 12:55:51 AMWhat style of martial arts did you practice?

I dabbled in Korean Freestyle Karate for a couple of years in high school and later a bit of aikijujutsu before I went into the military.  After I got out I started training in some kung fu styles mostly Long Fist, Wing Chun and Choy Li Fut.  Last big thing I participated in was a Chinese New Year celebration back in 2002 (I think) where I did a Choy Li Fut two section staff form.  The previous year I was disqualified from sparring during a tournament for punching my opponent's foot (dead center in the sole of his foot) when he threw a side kick at me - which is apparently an illegal move.  I don't know why I punched his foot, seemed like a good idea at the time I guess.  He was fine, just confused afterward.

About 10 years later I started training in wing chun again but then I moved for a job and haven't really don't anything since.

Arturo

Quote from: solidsquid on November 16, 2016, 11:36:22 PM
Quote from: Apathy on November 14, 2016, 12:55:51 AMWhat style of martial arts did you practice?

I dabbled in Korean Freestyle Karate for a couple of years in high school and later a bit of aikijujutsu before I went into the military.  After I got out I started training in some kung fu styles mostly Long Fist, Wing Chun and Choy Li Fut.  Last big thing I participated in was a Chinese New Year celebration back in 2002 (I think) where I did a Choy Li Fut two section staff form.  The previous year I was disqualified from sparring during a tournament for punching my opponent's foot (dead center in the sole of his foot) when he threw a side kick at me - which is apparently an illegal move.  I don't know why I punched his foot, seemed like a good idea at the time I guess.  He was fine, just confused afterward.

About 10 years later I started training in wing chun again but then I moved for a job and haven't really don't anything since.

Well you've done a hell of a lot more than I've ever done. Impressive  ;D
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

... I was in a Kung-Fu movie once. Does that count?

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on November 17, 2016, 12:46:55 AM
... I was in a Kung-Fu movie once. Does that count?

Haha, I think that is a totally different field. But you were in a movie once? That's interesting. Anyone that we know of?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

joeactor:
I was in a Kung-Fu movie once. Does that count?

Were you fast as lightening?

Apathy:
Haha, I think that is a totally different field. But you were in a movie once? That's interesting. Anyone that we know of?

Don't all you Hollywood types hang together?

Arturo

Quote from: No one on November 17, 2016, 01:26:04 AM
Apathy:

Only when we are doing movies together or at an award ceremony. Some of us don't like to converse with undesirables, like Jack Black.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Apathy on November 17, 2016, 04:19:57 AM
Quote from: No one on November 17, 2016, 01:26:04 AM
Apathy:

Only when we are doing movies together or at an award ceremony. Some of us don't like to converse with undesirables, like Jack Black.

Yeah, I've done voice work on films with famous folks, but haven't met many in person.
(never met: Harrison Ford, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin, Jimmy Kimmell...)

It's more likely you've hear my voice in a game or anime.

As for on-screen stuff, it's been decades - here's a clip from the Kung-Fu film:

Arturo

Were you the one who said "hey cop, welcome to the terrordome"
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Apathy on November 17, 2016, 03:32:39 PM
Were you the one who said "hey cop, welcome to the terrordome"

Yup. My character is a whip-wielding Peruvian drug lord named Antonio Cervesa (aka Tony Beer)