News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Man Builds Bridge On Public Land

Started by jumbojak, August 08, 2018, 09:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

I was shocked when I clicked the link and saw how nice the bridge is. I mean, in a country where major transportation arteries are collapsing into rivers I expected a log structure held together with ratchet straps. And he might have to tear it down...

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/blm-studies-unauthorized-little-missouri-bridge-constructed-on-public-land/article_29ea5016-2461-5bfc-bac3-f99dd41cb1de.html

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Got this message.

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact webmaster@bismarcktribune.com or call 800-472-2273.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Here's the bridge.

Essentially he built it to gain access to land he owned on the other side of the river and chose that location to avoid cutting down any trees. Unfortunately, that location linked his land to Federal land and now he's looking at fines, rent, and possibly having to remove the bridge. He got a permit from the Army Corps of Engineers for the structure, he neglected a survey to make sure he owned the land on both sides of the river.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

^

I know they have to draw lines on this but it does seem bloody stupid!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

Quote from: Dave on August 08, 2018, 09:57:06 PM
^

I know they have to draw lines on this but it does seem bloody stupid!

I know! It's not like it's a dirt floor cabin tucked away in a national forest. That's better than either of the two bridges I drove across today.

Tank

Nice bridge. But who in all honesty wouldn't check the land issues? Poor sod.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Seems to me that BLM screwed up the most here, and the worst that can happen -- if they issue a right of way agreement -- is that they get a good bridge for nothing.  I think they should look at it as a win-win.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany