Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Joe's Dump (my new blog ;-)
« Last post by joeactor on Today at 06:28:37 PM »
I still have to go through the raw footage. Yesterday was a rough day and I was messing with the camera to take my mind off some things. My next lens will likely be a wide angle, though that'll have to wait a bit. I'm trying to be more responsible financially and get myself into a better place. Toys will have to wait.... *sigh*
This is the lens: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00005Y3OM?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

I'm not sure on the exposure. The darker photo was taken in manual mode and I'm still figuring out how to use this thing. Whatever I had it set to seemed to work reasonably well.

Thanks, JJ, I was wondering about that one myself. I took a walk to the spot where I took that dragonfly picture with my Panasonic, the 30x optical lense on that would have given me a frame about the same size as the cropped image - the lower resolution (18mp) would not have been a problem. But for general "about town" stuff I like the 18mm bottom end of current Nikon lense.

Maybe I will check how much interest I have left on my savings and current account - that has funded my toys so far! There is a Nikon 24 - 300mm, but that if about twice the price of the camera!

If you took on NEF/RAW I thought the metadata was embedded in the file and a RAW editor makes it available. I assume you used the "intelligent" or the P setting? But I know what you mean, there are enough differences (improvements?) between the old and new to require a bit of practice.
This is the lens: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00005Y3OM?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

I'm not sure on the exposure. The darker photo was taken in manual mode and I'm still figuring out how to use this thing. Whatever I had it set to seemed to work reasonably well.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What are you Eating right now?
« Last post by Dave on Today at 05:32:11 AM »
Ravioli. There's a special place in my heart for Italian food.

Left pastatrium?
What lens are you using, JJ, and what exposure detaiks?

I could get no closer to my beastie, it was way down in a stream cutting below a bridge and I can't get down on the deck like I used to!
Science / Re: Imaging at London's Natural History Museum.
« Last post by hermes2015 on Today at 04:57:50 AM »
Have a head louse for an e.g.

:rofl:

Here's an earlier photo, just before the sun turned amber.

I wish that I had gotten just a touch more detail in the wings but the light has left me.
Sports / Re: FIFA World Cup 2018
« Last post by xSilverPhinx on July 15, 2018, 11:48:24 PM »
France May have won, but that gaff by its goalkeeper that led to the second Croatian score was one of the stupidest plays of all time. A goalie has no business trying to be clever against an opposing striker.

That was a hilariously arrogant attitude by the French goalkeeper. :lol:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10