News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Why Evolution is not true?

Started by Messenger, December 16, 2008, 10:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyuuketsuki

You know this really isn't rocket science.

Assume a population of, say, beetles and let's take the characteristic of speed.

In every generation some are born faster than their parents and some are born slower ... the population expands until such time as it starts to outgrow its food supply. This is where one type of selection (fitness to a given environment ) starts to kick in:

* Genetic characteristics can be inherited.
* Beetles have offspring and ecah generation some are faster than their parents, some are slower.
* Faster beetles (with better genetic characteristics) get to the food (whatever that is) quicker, slower ones do not.
* Beetles that get to the food quicker are better fed, healthier, tend to attract fitter mates or whatever and their offspring (faster and slower) tend to be more similar to them so faster than the older ones. They also (being healthier) have more offspring.
* Over a period of time the faster ones become the predominant population and the slower ones die out.
* At some point the observers of a species (scientists) decide that one type of beetle os one species and another is not yet both are from the same original stock.

As I said earlier or another thread small change plus small change plus small change plus small change plus small change plus small change eventually equals big change (as in any such situation) and if it does not there must be a mechanism to stop it being so ... YOU as a creationist cannot adequately answer that question, "evolutionists" have the answer completely and utterly sussed.

So go and learn some science because you're an idiot and you're not impressing anyone here at all.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Messenger

Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"You know this really isn't rocket science.

Assume a population of, say, beetles and let's take the characteristic of speed.
Wrong example, as speed does not have many variations as I asked
It is either slow or fast
But mutation can be anything
Till now you have failed to explain why we don't see an animal with one leg facing upwards and the other ends with a ball  :nerd:

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "Messenger"
Quote from: "Kyuuketsuki"You know this really isn't rocket science.

Wrong example, as speed does not have many variations as I asked
It is either slow or fast
But mutation can be anything
Till now you have failed to explain why we don't see an animal with one leg facing upwards and the other ends with a ball  :nerd:

No you idiot ..., it is either faster or slower and then to a variable degree.

Plonker.

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

Squid

As frustrating as it can be, let's try to place nice and attack the claims and not the person.  Thanks everyone.

SSY

Quote from: "Messenger"
Quote from: "SSY"You seem to think the population of C creaures will produce lots of offspring, correct
Some will have disadvantages mutations, good so far!
the unfit offspring will reproduce and form their own populations, oh dear :(.

These unfit individuals will not live the same amount as the unmutated ( or neutrally mutated ) C creatures, they will die young or fail to pass their genes in some other way. So any of these creatures will die out and not form their own populations. The normal C type creatures will keep on living after the unfit ones have died and produce more C babies for many generations.
You are contradicting yourself
uncontrolled mutation means any thing, you only assume it is very good or very bad
Yes, some will die before breeding, but many will survive

Unintelligent means anything (under physical restrictions only) can happen

Where do I contradict myself?

Yes, there may be the odd C creature with a disadvantage mutation that mates and passes on its genes, but the chances of that are small, 1 in a 100 lets say, the kids of that malformed C creature will also only have a 1 in a 100 chance of mating, lets say. You can see that not many of these malformed individuals will be produced or mate. For example, out of ALL the T-Rexes ever alive, we have approx 30 fossalised specimens. What are the odds of one of these specimens being one with a disadvantageous genetic mutation? Not a lot.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Messenger

Quote from: "SSY"Where do I contradict myself?.
By assuming that mutation can be too bad or too good only.
QuoteYes, there may be the odd C creature with a disadvantage mutation that mates and passes on its genes, but the chances of that are small, 1 in a 100 lets say, the kids of that malformed C creature will also only have a 1 in a 100 chance of mating, lets say. You can see that not many of these malformed individuals will be produced or mate. For example, out of ALL the T-Rexes ever alive, we have approx 30 fossalised specimens. What are the odds of one of these specimens being one with a disadvantageous genetic mutation? Not a lot
From where did you get that probability will be small?
If you assume uncontrolled mutations, every thing will be possible

McQ

Messenger. Answer these questions. What are your academic credentials and/or education concerning biology? Next, same question with regard to genetics? Because every person here who actually has an education in these topics has shown you much more tolerance than is necessary regarding your babble. So, answer the questions. Do not evade or obfuscate.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

karadan

Can you buy academic credentials from drive-thru's in Las Vegas?
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

SSY

[quote="MessengerBy assuming that mutation can be too bad or too good only.
[/quote]
I did specifically mention that things can be mutated neutrally actually. these mutations are much less likley to show in the fossil record, as tiny changes in junk DNA will not be preserved.

QuoteFrom where did you get that probability will be small?
If you assume uncontrolled mutations, every thing will be possible

1) Becuase an animal with one leg turned backwards won't be able to run, catch food or mate as well as animal with normal legs. For a logician you have a talent for missing the obvious.

2) Yes, anything is possible, but what is probable is a wholly different matter. If you take that view, there is a chance, no matter how tiny, that all the genes in a chicken egg could mutate, and it would give birth to a monkey. Chances of this happening? Low, hence, we don't see monkeys from chicken eggs.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

toadhall

I'm afraid to announce that this thread is too long; I didn't read it.
To my knowledge, evolution is a scientific theory that explains the origin of present-day animal species. Whether or not this explanation is correct has no relevance to the question of the existence of God.

Athiest33

QuoteIf Evolution happened then it is an intelligent evolution (Excluding human due to religious beliefs)
i.e. The part about change due to mutation (or any other unintelligent cause) is definitely wrong

Think Butterflies.