IL Cross advocate/pastor rapes 4 y/o girl - Where's FOX?

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, August 04, 2010, 05:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

This news story was published on July 17 ... (and why has FOX NEWS been silent on this) ...

Ill. Cross Advocate Accused of Child Sexual Abuse

Rev. Bill Vandergraph, Full Gospel Pentecostal Church in Alto Pass [Illinois] & president of Friends of the Cross

QuoteJONESBORO - The Rev. Bill Vandergraph made his first court appearance Friday morning, two days after being arrested on a charge of predatory criminal sexual assault of a child.

The 72-year-old pastor of Full Gospel Pentecostal Church in Alto Pass [Illinois] and president of Friends of the Cross, a fundraising group for Bald Knob Cross of Peace, Vandergraph was arrested Wednesday [July 14] after an investigation by Illinois State Police and the Union County Sheriff's Department.

Vandergraph is accused of committing a sexual act with a 4-year-old girl between Jan. 1 and May 31.

The charge, a Class X felony, carries a potential sentence of six to 60 years in prison. Union County State's Attorney Tyler Edmonds said more charges are possible as he continues to review reports.

http://www.thesouthern.com/news/local/9 ... 03286.html

QuoteJONESBORO - More charges will likely be brought against the Rev. Bill Vandergraph, pending review of investigative reports, Union County State's Attorney Tyler Edmonds said Thursday.

http://www.thesouthern.com/news/local/c ... 03286.html

pinkocommie

That is fucking disgusting.  What a horrible person.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

philosoraptor

"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Ellainix

Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

karadan

I can't believe they let that fuck out on bail...

"The family and Mr. Vandergraph have asked that people who are out there, who are truly Christians and truly believe in the healing powers of God, that they offer prayer for the alleged victim and the people around that child, and also for Mr. Vandergraph and his family. They really appreciate those prayers," James said. "Also, they ask that you pray for his church, for the Friends of the Cross and the Cross board."

Why the hell should anyone pray for him? Even though it is ineffectual, it still means some people empathise with that bastard!

I bet he tops himself before he can be sentenced. They should have just thrown him into county to let him be someone's bitch.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Tank

Whatever happened to being presumed innocent until found guilty? We say we are rational and sceptical here. What is rational about judging somebody without the full facts and before the trial is complete. In fact why waste money on a trial. Let's just burn the [strike:nx2o5db8]Witch[/strike:nx2o5db8] pedo priest. How can his guy ever have a fair trial in this day-and-age where every priest is presumed to be a potential pedo before any accusation is made?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

philosoraptor

Quote from: "karadan"Why the hell should anyone pray for him? Even though it is ineffectual, it still means some people empathise with that bastard!

Not necessarily.  Think about it.  How often is "I'll pray for you" said in a condescending tone?  Not in a way that implies empathy, but pity from a person who believes they are better off than you.  Or, for the more genuine Christian, it might really be a case of love the sinner, hate the sin, in that they would pray for him because there's obviously something very wrong with him if he's sexually abusing young children.  They could pray that God heals him of whatever mental defect he might have without empathizing with the act he committed.

Not defending it or anything, but as a former Christian, prayer is not always about empathy.  And in the end, it accomplishes nothing either way.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Guittars

Clearly this is a very serious case but did anyone else laugh out loud at "Bald Knob"?

or should I order a cab now?

Tank

Quote from: "Guittars"Clearly this is a very serious case but did anyone else laugh out loud at "Bald Knob"?

or should I order a cab now?

I sort of 'tittered' at it  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Businessocks

I agree with Tank that we have to wait to see if he's convicted or not.  IF he is guilty, I hope he gets the maximum sentence.

But I also find it interesting that it's not just FOX who seems to be ignoring this story.  A Google search only pulls up small, local papers covering the story.  If this were a Catholic priest case, all the major networks would be all over it.  It's an interesting commentary on the anti-Catholic sentiments in this country, imo.
The god of the cannibals will be a cannibal, of the crusaders a crusader, and of the merchants a merchant.  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kylyssa

I still sometimes find myself six years old and helpless with a cock in my mouth, choking on snot and vomit when I catch a whiff of Vaseline or feel my legs stick to vinyl car seats.  I find it very difficult to summon up any sympathy for pedophiles.  

I think that life in prison should be mandatory for anyone proven guilty of child molestation.

parrotpirate

"I think that life in prison should be mandatory for anyone proven guilty of child molestation."

Along with castration, and not the chemical version.
The one thing everybody needs to remember is that I never claimed to be sane!