News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmonie

I explained this in a topic once before (not this one, my username was changed very recently), but it is kind of obscure so I'll explain it again.

'Harmonie' is an old term in like the 19th century and possibly before for ensembles which consisted of woodwind and brass instruments. I love woodwind and brass instruments, and music history, so it's a great username... Even if very few people will get it and probably think it's just an alternate spelling of 'Harmony'.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Harmonie on March 22, 2016, 12:18:03 PM
I explained this in a topic once before (not this one, my username was changed very recently), but it is kind of obscure so I'll explain it again.

'Harmonie' is an old term in like the 19th century and possibly before for ensembles which consisted of woodwind and brass instruments. I love woodwind and brass instruments, and music history, so it's a great username... Even if very few people will get it and probably think it's just an alternate spelling of 'Harmony'.

If you hadn't explained it I would have thought it was an alternate spelling of "Harmony".  :redface:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Nam

It's been my nickname since 1997 (I've only been online since 2001). I used to be a strong built looking guy (now I am old and flabby), a friend at the time, thought I was in the National Guard (there's a local post) so he started calling me "Nam". It stuck.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Harmonie

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2016, 01:35:51 AM

If you hadn't explained it I would have thought it was an alternate spelling of "Harmony".  :redface:

And that's why I explained it. =P

You don't have to feel ashamed! It's not common knowledge. I did not even know the term until maybe two or three months ago when I was reading a history book on the bassoon. And then I was like "OMG that needs to be my username!"

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Harmonie on March 25, 2016, 05:32:27 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2016, 01:35:51 AM

And that's why I explained it. =P

You don't have to feel ashamed! It's not common knowledge. I did not even know the term until maybe two or three months ago when I was reading a history book on the bassoon. And then I was like "OMG that needs to be my username!"

Yeah, it's a nice username. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

merx

Merx is short of my real name,sometimes it`s my nickname. :snicker: