News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

How Can I reply to a specific post?

Started by reddevil0126, March 08, 2012, 02:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddevil0126

Hi, new member here. 
It might be an easy one, but could not find a way to add a reply to a specific post.  Help please.  Thanks in advance, James.

Buddy

On the top right hand corner of the post, there is a "quote" button. Or, you can hit reply and on the bottom of the page there is a list of the recent posts of that thread. Right under the time it was posted there is an "insert quote" button. Hope this helped!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

Quote from: reddevil0126 on March 08, 2012, 02:52:18 PMHi, new member here. 
It might be an easy one, but could not find a way to add a reply to a specific post.  Help please.  Thanks in advance, James.

Hello and welcome to HAF, James. The most likely reason you're having trouble replying to a specific post is that you don't yet have full access to the board. If you check out Tank's "Notes for new members", you will see that as a measure to cut down on BS of various kinds, people who are new to the board must spend some time getting to know this place and letting us get to know them a little before they're given posting access to areas other than the "Getting to Know You" section.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Buddy

Quote from: Recusant on March 08, 2012, 03:48:26 PM
Quote from: reddevil0126 on March 08, 2012, 02:52:18 PMHi, new member here. 

Hello and welcome to HAF, James. The most likely reason you're having trouble replying to a specific post is that you don't yet have full access to the board. If you check out Tank's "Notes for new members", you will see that as a measure to cut down on BS of various kinds, people who are new to the board must spend some time getting to know this place and letting us get to know them a little before they're given posting access to areas other than the "Getting to Know You" section.

You have to have 10 posts to quote? Hmm. I did not know that.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

The 10-post rule prevents posting of any kind of reply in areas other than the "Getting To Know You" section. Your mini-tutorial is correct (it's great to see established members being helpful :)), and it's quite possible that your answer is exactly what reddevil0126 was looking for, but I wanted to cover the other possibility.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken