News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 14, 2019, 03:57:37 PM
Yesterday it rained so I brought my umbrella to the lab and ended up leaving it behind when I went home. It's bright and sunny outside now and I am going to end up looking like a first-class looney when I take it home this sunny, cloudless afternoon with no chance of rain.  ::)

Put on dark sunglass and act like you're blind. Use it as you feeler stick.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Pretend to be as fashion model. Have the umbrella raised when you are outdoors in the sunshine.  Everyone knows that fashion models must avoid sun damage to their skin. 

If that does not work for you then adopt the "don't give a rats ass about what people might think" attitude.

Bad Penny II

Some years ago I'd put the car in to have something done and did some walking around town while it was done.  There was a passing bit of rain so I took an umbrella.  When it wasn't raining it was sunny and hot.  I asked here at the time, is it allowable to use your umbrella for a sun shelter and the consensus was no it isn't. Seems stupid to me, you've got it with you anyway, you'd cross to the shady side of the street if possible but using an umbrella for shade is unacceptable, unless you're an Edwardian female.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning

Just buy an umbrella that is brightly colored. It'll look like a parasol when the sun is registering "magma", and it'll be cheery when it's raining. Win-win!

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 15, 2019, 03:54:03 AM
Just buy an umbrella that is brightly colored. It'll look like a parasol when the sun is registering "magma", and it'll be cheery when it's raining. Win-win!

This!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on February 15, 2019, 08:00:04 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 15, 2019, 03:54:03 AM

This!

I was thinking of going for this look.

xSilverPhinx

I ended up attempting flight with my umbrella, like this:

I figured if I was going to look crazy I might as well go full-on crazy. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

I won't take
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 16, 2019, 12:58:02 PM

The rain has stopped , I'll put down the umbrella.
Hey, it's getting hot put the umbrella back up
Sorry Green, I live in the real world where little makes sense, I just can't, I don't know why.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 16, 2019, 01:19:03 PM
I won't take
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 16, 2019, 12:58:02 PM

The rain has stopped , I'll put down the umbrella.
Hey, it's getting hot put the umbrella back up
Sorry Green, I live in the real world where little makes sense, I just can't, I don't know why.

:grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I'm really hoping to get out of work early enough to make the fight club. Everybody, cross your fingers!

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on February 19, 2019, 09:14:32 PM
I'm really hoping to get out of work early enough to make the fight club. Everybody, cross your fingers!

Maybe if your co-workers knew you were going to 'fight club' they'd let you go early?  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on February 19, 2019, 09:14:32 PM

My fingers are crossed, and I agree with Tank -- just dropping the mention of Krav Maga with a completely straight face might help.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

jumbojak

I did manage to escape last night, just in the nick of time too. Back again tonight but a bit earlier.

Tank

McLaren team members treated after Barcelona garage fire

This happened just behind my son who was in the same area of the garage. Fortunately he was unhurt and the three mechanics have used the incident as an excuse to get drunk :D

Buddy

We have an appointment with a bank tomorrow morning for a pre-approval to see what price range to look in then we are meeting with a realtor tomorrow evening to look at two properties that just came on the market yesterday. Very anxious about the whole thing because I have no idea what I am doing but at least I work with people who are experienced about mortgages.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.