News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Animal Farm (by George Orwell)

Started by Athiest33, August 04, 2009, 01:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athiest33

It's such a deep book, with so many hidden meanings about the nature of humans...It's very satirical as well.

Basically, it involves animals overthrowing their leader: A farmer. Their idea is to make the farm a better place, but one individual, (heavily based on leader Joseph Stalin) rises to glory and makes a terrible system that eventually leaves him no better than the humans he loathed.

It is an extremely good book, and please feel free to discuss it here.

quizlixx

I loved Animal Farm. damn napoleon. If you loved it too, try "1984" and "fahrenheit 451"
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

AlP

Yeah that's an awesome book. It was one of the books I had to read at high school and I loved it. I suggest you say hi on the introduction thread. And I agree with quizlixx regarding 1984. I haven't read fahrenheit 451 though. Welcome!
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Tom62

Great book. I also liked "1984" and "Fahrenheit 451". My favorite novels about an utopia gone wrong however are "Walter Tevis' "Mockingbird" and Ira Levin's "This perfect day".
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein