News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

YouTube Has Officially Replaced Cable

Started by Arturo, August 03, 2017, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

But TV is here to stay. YouTube has launched their new broadcasting platform called YouTube TV.

Apparently this works just like cable, but goes through YouTube services. The first month is free with $35 a month after that. You get up to 6 profiles per household (but how will they know that?) and you get unlimited recording of whatever you are watching. And it's all live!

It's like how they said in 2015 they are going to get rid of DVRs and they never did. Well YouTube just done and went around all that. All you need is a screen with internet access now.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Wow!

Something else for me not to subscribe to!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

It looks good to me... now I just need the incumbent ISPs to stop standing in the way of capitalism by stifling competition and just let me have google fiber.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on August 03, 2017, 07:30:10 PM
It looks good to me... now I just need the incumbent ISPs to stop standing in the way of capitalism by stifling competition and just let me have google fiber.

My only issue with this, is that internet of some kind is required. It doesn't go through the traditional cable lines but through their website. I am not sure how the prices compare yet to other cable companies but i can only assume if Google Fiber doesn't take off then other ISP providers can raise the cost of internet to force you off of YouTube TV. And assuming the FCC takes internet off as a utility then you might not even be able to visit the website at all.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Would I be able to get my westerns? I like old westerns, one of the few things on TV that I'll watch. Death Valley Days is probably my favourite. The Wind Wagons were great.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on August 04, 2017, 02:36:11 AM
Would I be able to get my westerns? I like old westerns, one of the few things on TV that I'll watch. Death Valley Days is probably my favourite. The Wind Wagons were great.

That long picture I posted shows all the channels you get for their plan with only showtime and fox soccer being seperate. I don't know what channel the old westerns come on but if I had to guess it would be something like amc or nick@night. But only amc is listed there. Also it may vary by location what channels you get but that's just a guess.

The availability of service is also limited too. I don't live in Detroit and was still eligible for buying it. I don't really live in the Detroit area as it would take me at least an hour to get there on a good day using the free way going 80 mph. But they would give me the Detroit News stations like usual.

Anyways back to the westerns thing. Like I said these are all the channels. There may be more or less depending on your area or just on how much they wanted to advertise. So I would take the channels that show what you want and look at it on the list at tge bottom of that long picture. Also YouTube Red is mixed up in it some way but I forgot how exactly.
     Arturo The1  リ壱