News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Alice Cooper: Christian Tea Partier

Started by BullyforBronto, October 31, 2011, 01:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BullyforBronto

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/rock-and-horror-alice-cooper-on-40-years-of-beheadings-fake-blood--and-voting-republican-6251891.html

QuoteIt turns out that The Coop is in many ways a right-leaning tea-partier. He energetically advocates a flat income tax (15 per cent would be fair, he says) and bold moves to rein in America's national debt. On social issues, he has much in common with the evangelical Texas Governor and current Republican presidential front-runner Rick Perry, who recently made headlines by expressing scepticism about Darwin's theory of evolution.

"I'm Christian. I believe in evolution inside individual species, but I believe in Creation first," is how Cooper puts it. "I think God created the species and then let them evolve. Even [Stephen] Hawking once admitted that he believes in Creation, because as a physicist, you can't get something from nothing."

Who knew?
Very weird.

Attila

Stevil

Weird?

Hmm, a lot of people think that way.

BullyforBronto

Atilla,
Sony Bono, or the guy from U2?

Stevil,
Weird? Yeah, I kind of think so. Most Christian Tea Partiers keep their cross dressing and S&M habits behind closed doors and don't exhibit them at rock shows.  ;D So, I was kind of surprised by this article.

Attila

Quote from: BullyforBronto on October 31, 2011, 07:24:53 PM
Atilla,

Stevil,
Weird? Yeah, I kind of think so. Most Christian Tea Partiers keep their cross dressing and S&M habits behind closed doors and don't exhibit them at rock shows.  ;D So, I was kind of surprised by this article.

They're both wankers but each in his own way. Bono from U2 is much more sanctimonious than Sonny who is merely an evil mother.

Ildiko

Quote from: Attila on October 31, 2011, 07:42:01 PM
Atilla,

Stevil,

They're both wankers but each in his own way. Bono from U2 is much more sanctimonious than Sonny who is merely an evil mother.

I don't think Sonny is anything any more. Didn't he go splat into a tree some years back?

BullyforBronto

Quote from: Ildiko on October 31, 2011, 07:45:43 PM
Quote from: Attila on October 31, 2011, 07:42:01 PM
Atilla,

Stevil,

I don't think Sonny is anything any more. Didn't he go splat into a tree some years back?

Yeah, Sonny expired on a skiing trip about a decade ago. And, I agree that the U2 Bono is a complete douche bag. People always say that he does such great charity work, etc., and maybe he does. But I just can't stand the guy.

Stevil

Atilla,

Stevil,

I don't know what he is like as a person, but he certainly does get dressed up for his shows, more entertaining that way, I feel.

Ildiko

Quote from: BullyforBronto on October 31, 2011, 07:58:10 PM
And, I agree that the U2 Bono is a complete douche bag. People always say that he does such great charity work, etc., and maybe he does. But I just can't stand the guy.

There's a certain something about him that makes you want to throw eggs, isn't there?

Most Christian Tea Partiers keep their cross dressing and S&M habits behind closed doors and don't exhibit them at rock shows.  ;D

Sarah Palin is comedy gold already, but her image could be even better if she had a couple of visible tattoos and bit the heads off chickens. Someone should email her. And then leak the reply. :D

Too Few Lions

And, I agree that the U2 Bono is a complete douche bag. People always say that he does such great charity work, etc., and maybe he does. But I just can't stand the guy.
I can't stand Bono, he's a grade-A tosser. One of those sanctimonious celebrities who like lecturing us all on how we can better live our lives and do more good in the world while jetting around in his private plane between his twelve mansions!

oh, and I think his music's shit too!

Tank

Quote from: Too Few Lions on November 04, 2011, 11:24:36 AM
I can't stand Bono, he's a grade-A tosser. One of those sanctimonious celebrities who like lecturing us all on how we can better live our lives and do more good in the world while jetting around in his private plane between his twelve mansions!

oh, and I think his music's shit too!
Yep. If the world had a anus it would be Bono's mouth.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Tank on November 04, 2011, 12:08:51 PM
Yep. If the world had a anus it would be Bono's mouth.
:D that's undoubtedly the best description of Bono I have ever heard!