News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Children in Foster Care?

Started by WogglebugLovingFilms, December 14, 2016, 06:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

SisterAgatha, why did you come here? Maybe it's time to think about how much you want to stay here.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Damn, can't find anything in the router instructions about using aerosol sprays to clean forums up!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 02, 2017, 03:34:21 PM
For the record I think that Foster children deserve better than having some atheist as their forster parent. Just saying.
Interesting, sister Agatha, have you ever actually known an atheist? We can be quite loving and good parents, believe it or not. Apparently your one objection to atheist parents is that they lack the willingness to introduce the children to your magical god.
Shall we go through the thousands of cases of mental, physical and sexual abuse of children that have taken place in Christian homes by Christians? How about the sexual abuse perpetrated by "you peoples'" priests and nuns? Shall we talk about them? Maybe in Catholic schools? Where the kids are supposed to be learning about your god, but instead learn how to keep their mouths shut about what's done to them in the priest's office.
No, you Probably don't want to go down this path. Do you?
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

SisterAgatha

Don't get huffy with me please Ma'am.

I just think children at a critical age need some religious foundation in their lives.

Whether they are Catholic,Jewish, Moslem or Protestant they need that God business early on in some form.

Atheists..idk..they seem sort of unparental. Like they just like to sit around, drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes and making snide remarks all the time.

They don't seem full of love and fun the way people alive with the Holy spirit can.

They just seem sort of morose, sad and muddled. Any religion is better than none at all..especially when little ones are concerned!

Davin

I guess it's time for me to ignore, the troll.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 02, 2017, 09:49:51 PM

I just think children at a critical age need some religious foundation in their lives.

Whether they are Catholic,Jewish, Moslem or Protestant they need that God business early on in some form.

Atheists..idk..they seem sort of unparental. Like they just like to sit around, drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes and making snide remarks all the time.

They don't seem full of love and fun the way people alive with the Holy spirit can.

They just seem sort of morose, sad and muddled. Any religion is better than none at all..especially when little ones are concerned!

Your caricatured view of atheists is inaccurate, SisterAgatha. It's no better than somebody saying that all blacks are lazy welfare spongers.

I don't expect you'd have much respect for an atheist who tarred the entire Catholic church as pederasts and sadists. Yet you seem perfectly content to wallow in your prejudiced view of atheists. Why is that? Perhaps you're purposefully trying to make Catholics look small minded and ignorant, is that it?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dragonia

If I had the smallest inkling of doubt before, it is gone now. A nun would never make this statement.

You are speaking from absolute ignorance. You really ought to get to know a few atheists as people before you go talking out of your ass like this, making totally unfounded assumptions and lumping atheists into a big drunk cesspool. Nice.
Its because of "people like you" that I have kept my beliefs to myself and nobody around me even knows that I am an atheist, because they all think like you do, and I don't want people shunning my kids because of my unbelief. The funny thing is, that I blend right in, because I am a good momma, more strict than many Christians, my family goes to all of our baseball and soccer games and we love and support each other. I am more patient and less back-stabbing or gossipy than any Christian mom I know. My kids get straight A's and are involved in clubs and activities. And I fucking BAKE. Yeah.... does that fit your atheist image in your tiny little imagination?  Would my kids be better off in my Christian neighbor's house where their dad yells constantly and their mom spanks them for everything and they're scared of everything? Oh, but they go to church every Sunday!
Yes, I'm gonna get huffy. Because you say really stupid insulting things.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

SisterAgatha

Forgive me. You have shattered my stereotypes. I was unaware you had any children. Forgive me.

Those Christians you describe sound like a bunch of lazy louts. They'd better get themselves to confession.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 02, 2017, 08:16:51 PM
SisterAgatha, why did you come here? Maybe it's time to think about how much you want to stay here.

I shouldn't have bothered, it seems thinking is not your strong suit, SisterAgatha.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 02, 2017, 10:49:49 PM
Forgive me. You have shattered my stereotypes. I was unaware you had any children. Forgive me.
I have 3 kids as well, can I get all huffy?

Will you apologize to me too?

Wait, I think I'll have a drink, and go smoke something first, and then...I'll get all huffy.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Sorry, but Sister just has to be fake.  She sounds like a Catholic version of Landover Baptist Church. Just a little too over the top.

Recusant

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 03, 2017, 02:15:50 AM
Sorry, but Sister just has to be fake.  She sounds like a Catholic version of Landover Baptist Church. Just a little too over the top.

I and others share your skepticism. However it seems that you have a higher regard for Catholics than I do. I grew up among them and can vouch for the fact that the views she's expressed are not particularly exceptional.

That isn't to say that SisterAgatha is who and what she says she is (as opposed to a puerile troll), because we have no way of being sure. Several statements she's made stink of the underside of a bridge. If that stink becomes too strong, at the least her threads will be dumped in the troll board along with those of such anti-luminaries as Pahu.

ETA: I wonder what kind of shampoo she uses?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Dear Sister Agatha, you have stepped into a pile of shit, perhaps without knowing that you have done so.   The  fact is that atheist or humanist parents are consistently and reliably able to develop more intelligent and morally responsible children is a matter of fact that religionists cannot seem to get through their thick skulls.

That Xtians, Muslims, Mormans,  Catholics, and the rest, have an irrational and completely unsupported belief in ancient fairy tales is a sad commentary about the  basic intelligence of Homo Sapiens.  That you and your legions of delusional individuals choose to believe that people whose minds are not in strict concert with yours is a crime against the human race is a blight, A swarm of locusts. That you have some ill conceived, nay ignorantly conceived, notion that non believers are some how less morally developed is, or should be, a prosecutable criminal offense.

I will match Dragonia with any of your catholic captive believers any day, any time.  That goes for any of the other mothers that are not of the bible belt, brain dead,  ignorant Jesus Freaks who have never actually read their bible but depend on hustler preachers, or priests, to tell them how to live...and incidentally,  tell them that they must tithe or burn in hell.

Sandra Craft

I've been sitting here wondering that, and also wondering (if she's for real) her belief that any religion is better for kids than no religion would apply to, say, Pantheists, Satanists, Voudoun, Shinto, Wicca, etc.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

SisterAgatha

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 03, 2017, 04:57:45 AM

I've been sitting here wondering that, and also wondering (if she's for real) her belief that any religion is better for kids than no religion would apply to, say, Pantheists, Satanists, Voudoun, Shinto, Wicca, etc.

Not a fan of any of those religions you mentioned. For starters those aren't even developed creeds really. They just vaguely believe in the spirits. There isn't much of a theology.

Now I shall rank thee "acceptable" religions.

1.Protestnatism: Really just the bare bones version of Catholicism really. It's as if they couldn't afford a nice church and 7 sacraments or a priest, so they have their services in a great big gymnasium. Fun fact! Protestanism is  denomination of Catholicism, not Christianity. There were no protestants or "Faithful word Life" churches before 1530 or so.

Protestants are lucky in that their baptisms are in fact valid. They just better get Catholic quick

(Just a note. I am not going to rank the Orthodox. They are Catholic for all intents and purposes despite their protestations to country)

2. Judaism. I actually am fond of this one. What with their ancient looking buildings, mysterious chants and robes, they really are one Messiah  away from being Catholic. There are ever so many similarities. The Jews are also a very funny and clever bunch! I can see why God "Chose" them!

3. Islam. OK I guess but a little scary at times. I suppose my nuns habit has a bit in common with a hijab, but idk.... Isn't it likely that instead of the angel gabriel dictating the quran to Muhammad over the course of 20 years, he instead just plagiarized bits of judaism and Christianity, gave it an Arabic twist and voila! Islam?!

4. Taoism/Confucianism/Buddhism: I like these religions and they are very peaceful seeming. They don't seem to center around a specific deity but are sort of "Power of positive thinking faiths." I did a little eastern meditation and I felt so peaceful inside.

I actually enjoy other religions and enjoy seeing how they stack up against the faith Jesus established himself.

Do you see why I think any religion at all is important? It provides sort of a "template" of some sort for living your life and viewing the world. I don't think its important that some one "believe" or "know" every last darned thing the Church teaches at first. It's a lot to come to terms with! You need time!

But the framework..the message of religions are golden. That is why I am so darned insistent that a child has a quality faith life at home!

You might disagree.. but at least you know why I think this way.