News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

abortion poll

Started by pytheas, February 21, 2012, 07:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

I added options for men who are single.   Is everyone mostly happy with the options now? (other than allowing men to answer on behalf of their partner)

Asmodean

Yes. The Grumpy One is less displeased now than before.  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Stevil

Hmmm, I think it is an interesting poll.

For the ones whom did abort I am wondering the reason.
Medical
Marital status of participants
Age of participants
Lack of committed relationship of participants
Product of rape
Convenience

Not that it matters, but would have been interesting to know.
But i guess with only two abortions it isn't a great sample set to get a gauge on ratios in society.

Siz

Quote from: Stevil on February 23, 2012, 06:14:12 PM
Hmmm, I think it is an interesting poll.

For the ones whom did abort I am wondering the reason.
Medical
Marital status of participants
Age of participants
Lack of committed relationship of participants
Product of rape
Convenience

Not that it matters, but would have been interesting to know.
But i guess with only two abortions it isn't a great sample set to get a gauge on ratios in society.

It probably won't surprise some of you that the reason was we couldnt afford it!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Asmodean

Quote from: Scissorlegs on February 23, 2012, 06:18:31 PM
It probably won't surprise some of you that the reason was we couldnt afford it!
At the end of the day, do reasons really matter? Is, for instance, "I changed my mind about wanting kids" a "better" or "worse" reason than "This pregnancy is a result of rape"..?

As long as the end result is the same and the reason is satisfactory to the person undergoing the procedure, why should the rest of us care?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Stevil

Quote from: Asmodean on February 23, 2012, 06:54:17 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on February 23, 2012, 06:18:31 PM
At the end of the day, do reasons really matter? Is, for instance, "I changed my mind about wanting kids" a "better" or "worse" reason than "This pregnancy is a result of rape"..?

As long as the end result is the same and the reason is satisfactory to the person undergoing the procedure, why should the rest of us care?
It was just a general interest thing for me. Not to judge others on.
For my case I would be much more likely to abort based on medical reasons, or rape
Not being in a committed relationship used to be a common reason, but I think society has changed significantly, it is quite common now that some people would rather be solo mums than to abort.
Doing it for financial reasons shows a maturity with regards to the complexities of life.
I find the reasons quite interesting actually.

Ali

What if the reason is "in our culture we devalue women, so we aborted the baby when we found out it was a girl?"

Stevil

Quote from: Ali on February 23, 2012, 07:12:15 PM
What if the reason is "in our culture we devalue women, so we aborted the baby when we found out it was a girl?"

Yes, that is a reason that is commonly used in some cultures.
I feel it is a problem with the culture and not the abortion per se.

However, over time these cultures will find that females become desired as females become scarce.
Lots of males will grow up and die as single men, The family line will die off and for those cultures that is a big issue too.

Ali

Is it a "worse" reason than some of the others listed?

Asmodean

Reason enough for me.

My moral hight horse is really a pony, and from my moral pony, I don't see how I have the right to dictate equality and respect to a society I am not a part of, nor do I see any justification for calling someone's personal choice universally bad.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

pytheas

Quote from: Asmodean on February 23, 2012, 07:32:33 PM

Reason enough for me.

My moral hight horse is really a pony, and from my moral pony, I don't see how I have the right to dictate equality and respect to a society I am not a part of, nor do I see any justification for calling someone's personal choice universally bad.

-going on number four, was building a football team and an extra financial burden
-the baby routine is a toll in the freedom of the adult that should for the child's sake last 3 years, enough is enough we had our share
-we wanted it beacause we hadn;t done it
-I did it to her, and I would eat it-sautee with shallots- if I was a little bit more religious...

As a single male before partnering with serious gravity, without my genes being involved, I did not allow myself an oppinion. When my genes were involved I strongly suggested and encouraged the day after pill.That was a risk, if she kept it i would have a problem.  I guess if i didnt have the intelligence to prevent conceptions, I would have the brutality to punch my loinfruit out of the woman's belly

"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

Ali

Quote from: pytheas on February 26, 2012, 06:34:19 PM
I guess if i didnt have the intelligence to prevent conceptions, I would have the brutality to punch my loinfruit out of the woman's belly

Is that a joke?

I never know what to make of the things you say. 

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on February 26, 2012, 06:43:23 PM
I guess if i didnt have the intelligence to prevent conceptions, I would have the brutality to punch my loinfruit out of the woman's belly

Is that a joke?

People wonder why i'm glad i'm gay...  :\
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 26, 2012, 08:09:07 PM

Is that a joke?

People wonder why i'm glad i'm gay...  :\

Right?!?  Like even if it is a joke, oh haha, there is nothing funnier than jokes about punching pregnant ladies until they miscarry.  What a laugh riot.   ::)

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on February 26, 2012, 08:16:28 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 26, 2012, 08:09:07 PM

Is that a joke?

People wonder why i'm glad i'm gay...  :\

Right?!?  Like even if it is a joke, oh haha, there is nothing funnier than jokes about punching pregnant ladies until they miscarry.  What a laugh riot.   ::)

*hugs Ali*

Ugh! Pytheas, try to be more fucking aware that punching pregnant women and miscarriages arent something to joke about.

The woman  i met at work had a miscarriage this year... It can be emotional and devastating.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.