Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

I'm listening to this:  KUSC online.  I usually turn it on in the morning and off at night, unless I start watching TV which happens less and less often lately.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

OK, I think this splits the difference nicely:

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

No one

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

My soothing music usually has a lot of my favorite band.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I'm listening to:

This medicine is wearing thin now
We're bullet proof until we bleed out
And even though we always try to hide our instincts from our pride
In our struggle to survive we keep the warpath by our side

We strike the sky until the sun bows
And fly until our feathers burn out
All our lives we've been apart
A vicious cycle from the start
In our struggle to survive we keep the warpath by our side

Buddy

Syncopated Healing- Twiddle.

Umphrey's McGee- No Diablo

I swear any time I want to listen to new music I just ask my brother because I always find awesome bands from him.

I got to see umphrey's live earlier this summer and it was so worth it. They are fantastic live and the atmosphere was just a bunch of stoners having fun.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Davin

I love that song, and also this Karma song:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

I want his hat, and his coat too.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Icarus

I listen to the likes of Ana Vidovic, superb classical guitarist, playing such stuff as Cavatina.  Elegant and emotional.

Cavatina is a complex tune that was once used as the theme music from the movie Deer Hunter.  That movie was about the Viet Nam war and the movie did not end well. The music was hard to ignore. If you are the least bit sensitive, you might have a few tears. Cavatina is done by several you tube musicians. It is well worth listening to, by any of them,....well for me it is.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on October 13, 2017, 02:14:40 AM
I listen to the likes of Ana Vidovic, superb classical guitarist, playing such stuff as Cavatina.  Elegant and emotional.

Cavatina is a complex tune that was once used as the theme music from the movie Deer Hunter.  That movie was about the Viet Nam war and the movie did not end well. The music was hard to ignore. If you are the least bit sensitive, you might have a few tears. Cavatina is done by several you tube musicians. It is well worth listening to, by any of them,....well for me it is.

I agree with you Icarus, Ana Vidovic is a superb artist on the guitar, and definitely one of my favorites. Here grace of movement with both left and right hands is unmatched in my opinion...

Cavatina is a complex tune alright, so much more than how it sounds really with thin layers built upon that simple melody.

Here's Ana performing "Asturias".

This weekend while hanging and working around the house I listened to "Bob Marley's", "Natty Dread" album a couple times. This was  released in 1974, but I didn't really discover it until 8 years later when I was a senior in high school.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Tatyana Rhzhkova is also an accomplished classical guitarist and she is also a hottie. She plays some of the Beetles music with passion.  Chaconne Klaverenga is also worth listening to. 

On a slightly different wave length is Damjan Pegcinoski who plays Gypsy jazz style. Try this one. It is hard for me to keep my feet still when listening to this style.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDvk3fv5J2A