News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Achaios, May 05, 2010, 04:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achaios

Hello everyone. New to the forum. I am hailing from the southwest of Greece; one of nations still having a formal religion rooted even in their constitution. I have never been a believer, but been raised in a religious nation, declaring yourself as an atheist was a no-no. At least we moved a step forward some years ago by removing the Religion line from our ID cards (yes, our IDs used to state a religion among other things..)
Wish you all a nice day  :)

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

elliebean

Hello and welcome, Achaios!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Tom62

Welcome to the forum, Achaios. I'm just curious what you think about Greece's financial crisis. Looks almost like there is a civil war breaking out in Greece.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Albino_Raptor

And GOD created the earth, covered with water by 70%, for man, who has no gills.

Achaios

Morning and thank you all for your welcome wishes. With regards to the current financial crisis I hope we don't have to end up on killing each other. In any case this will not help out things. I have some thoughts on that but I understand these are not fit for the Introductions section of the forum.

Tanker

Hello and welcome to the forum.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

MariaEvri

Î"ειά σοÏ... φίλε!
I am from cyprus, you wont see me posting aorund a lot, but I visit the place daily
καλώÏ, ήρθεÏ, :D
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Ellainix

Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Tank

Any local insights on the Greek aversion to paying tax and the financial situation? Oh and 'Riot Dog'
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

Hello there! Welcome to HAF. Been to Greece several times. Going again the 31st. Beautiful country. Can't wait!  :D
The world's what you create.