News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

US National Labor Relations Board Has Been Corrupted by Feminazis!

Started by Recusant, February 18, 2018, 01:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 02, 2018, 04:49:56 PM

That's Zoë Quinn on the left, and Anita Sarkeesian on the right...I figured they would be interested in watching the back and forth on this thread considering James Damore, the subject of the OP was fired because, and I'll paraphrase the scientifically shaky argument he presented in his memo "It's not discrimination...Females just aren't biologically suited for the maths"!

Basically the hero Damore and other Googler "White" men are saying they were fired for having conservative beliefs, and speaking up about them, because, you know, revolution is the festival of the oppressed or some such crap.

This is an actual excerpt from original class action law-suit.
QuoteDamore, Gudeman, and other class members were ostracized, belittled, and punished for their heterodox political views, and for the added sin of their birth circumstances of being Caucasians and/or males.

That's funny shit...they feel they are being discriminated against at a Company that is 70 percent Male, and 61 percent White...because they are white, and male.

Poor snowflakes.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Asmodean

I know well who they are - notice how I spelled "Wamen" in my question..? That's a reference to something.  ;)

Thanks for clarifying.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Tom62 on April 02, 2018, 07:52:40 PM
[...]Apparently it is no longer allowed to have old fashioned ideas anymore. Merits no longer seem to count, it is all about skin colour and gender.[...]Apparently normal moderate conservative ideas are no longer wanted and everyone on the right of Marxism is now a Nazi.
You're defending a port that no one is attacking.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 02, 2018, 07:59:27 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 02, 2018, 04:49:56 PM

That's Zoë Quinn on the left, and Anita Sarkeesian on the right...I figured they would be interested in watching the back and forth on this thread considering James Damore, the subject of the OP was fired because, and I'll paraphrase the scientifically shaky argument he presented in his memo "It's not discrimination...Females just aren't biologically suited for the maths"!

Basically the hero Damore and other Googler "White" men are saying they were fired for having conservative beliefs, and speaking up about them, because, you know, revolution is the festival of the oppressed or some such crap.

This is an actual excerpt from original class action law-suit.
QuoteDamore, Gudeman, and other class members were ostracized, belittled, and punished for their heterodox political views, and for the added sin of their birth circumstances of being Caucasians and/or males.

That's funny shit...they feel they are being discriminated against at a Company that is 70 percent Male, and 61 percent White...because they are white, and male.

Poor snowflakes.

Thanks for the links, Bruno.

I found this video on a few female game developers talking about suffering harassment and encountering barriers in the industry (it has Zoë Quinn in it):

I'm not part of the programming industry but I'd imagine there's a similar pervasive bias that women can't make good programmers in other departments.   

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on April 02, 2018, 08:27:08 PM
I know well who they are - notice how I spelled "Wamen" in my question..? That's a reference to something.  ;)
That's not very civil of you, which is apparently inconsistently moderated.

I mean, I get reprimanded for making jokes about things that were said, but a moderator using an intentionally insulting term against specific women is OK?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Oh god, now I had to look up 'wamen' and apparently it was coined by probably the most attention-seeking whore of a youtuber in existence. A little ironic.

Asmo, oppression is still real in many respects. You might not feel it, you might do it yourself, but it's there. Probably most of the women you would call 'wamen' are not seeking to get more respect than men, they just want to be seen as equals and have an equal footing.

I don't agree with women who think the female gender are inherently superior but I sure as hell don't think that men are either. That's my view point. Am I a 'waman'? Maybe. Probably am.     

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on April 02, 2018, 05:16:30 PM
There were movements in this country to promote anonymised initial selection techniques for jobs, but things like naming the school attended in a CV may indicate gender. So someone suggested "grading" all schools so that could be quoted. Got a bit silly.

I think this is actually a good idea.  :P Such 'blindness' is used in science for instance to try and eliminate biases.

People might like to think it all they want, but no human is a completely rational being who will not let emotions and preconceived beliefs get in the way of making a truly rational decision stripped of bias. Sometimes even a person's name can put you off and you might not even know it. If deep down you believe the ideal candidate for the job is a man, a female name will.

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on April 02, 2018, 08:43:04 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 02, 2018, 08:27:08 PM
That's not very civil of you, which is apparently inconsistently moderated.

I mean, I get reprimanded for making jokes about things that were said, but a moderator using an intentionally insulting term against specific women is OK?
Anita "Batman's butt" Sarkeesian and Zoe "Depression quest" Quinn. Knowing their works and agenda from and around the #gamergate controversy, if the term is to apply to somebody, those would be the two.  If you think the rules have been breached, report it and I will make my case to the staff (recused from any ruling, obviously)

...I can't say the warning you mentioned rings a bell.

@xSilverPhinx If you are interested, I can give you the short version of why I don't hold that particular pair in high esteem, or find them particularly trustworthy, for that matter. It's thoroughly old news now, though.

Was "wamen" actually coined by a YouTuber, by the way..? I'm a  bit vague on the etymology. I got it from forums meself.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on April 02, 2018, 09:53:10 PM
@xSilverPhinx If you are interested, I can give you the short version of why I don't hold that particular pair in high esteem, or find them particularly trustworthy, for that matter. It's thoroughly old news now, though.

Was "wamen" actually coined by a YouTuber, by the way..? I'm a  bit vague on the etymology. I got it from forums meself.

I would be interested. I like playing video games but haven't played in years so it isn't old news to me. Looks like I will have to look up gamergate now...

A correction, the term was not coined by the youtuber Pewdiepie like I had written, but popularised by him.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/wamen

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on April 02, 2018, 07:12:29 PM
The change in claims is noted, but the change seems to favor your point only if you ignore mine. The issue as presented is that you claimed that if a company focuses on hiring more women, then they will not get the best. This implies that women, (or more generously most women), are not the best. If women can be the best, then focusing on hiring more of them should still allow hiring the best.
No such implication (By the way, any missing or multiplied letters come courtesy of my mechanical keyboard. I may or may not spell check later)

Again, YOU are talking about women, not I. I don't give a fuck if the best person for the job has a vagina, and so I see no reason to encourage people with vaginas specifically to apply. So yes, if a company focuses on encouraging women to apply and prioritises hiring more women, as opposed to hiring who-the-fuck-ever is best suited for any given job, then... They may very well not get the best.

No, I'm not. Use my words, not how you feel about my words and you'll have a better time understanding what I mean.
I did. I'm a master of calling people out for putting words in my mouth. In this instance, however... Affirmative action discriminates by ways I mentioned above. You are noted as a proponent of affirmative action. Therefore, youuu support "fighting" discrimination with more discrimination. What exactly did I misrepresent about your position?

So no one gets a job? I don't see how that analogy makes sense any other way.
So no-one is discriminated against, which includes the bald white asshole with a tattooed scalp.

I don't give a shit about liberal or conservative. I don't give a shit about any kind of emotional labeling, I'm just in support of fixing a pervasive problem. I am not a liberal, I am not a conservative, I am not part of any political party... the reason people should be on board is if they want to fix problems, not for any childish thing like blindly supporting a group they think they belong to.
Wrong Liberal. In your world, the people I'm referring to are... In generic terms, I suuuppose they are Repuublican-leaning centrists. It's not a uestion of progressivism versus conservatism, but of liberty versus despotism. Just to restate an important point here, I'm making an argument from individual values, not from collective affiliation.

Having more people susceptible to the bias doesn't solve the problem of the bias. But it can make it worse, because the amount of biased gates (or even generously, "potentially biased gates"), a woman has to pass through necessarily decreases her odds to make it through to success.
That does sound rather nonsensical, but maybe I'm not seeingg something...  :headscratch:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Systematic bias appears to still exist in hiring practices in the US and other western countries. There are several examples of this available if one cares to look (see United States, Netherlands, Canada, United Kingdom, Sweden in regard to ethnicity, as well as a more generalised gender bias). Perhaps it isn't completely out of line for Google to make an effort to resist this phenomenon in its own hiring practices, even if it risks becoming known as a den of the loathsome 'SJW.'
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Effort is not the thing, with which I have a problem. I refer to my response to Davin's response to Dave.

EDIT: I will want to read the Sweden study more thoroughly, but this did catch my eye;
QuoteThe analyses suggest that CEOs with foreign sounding names prefer male applicants with Swedish sounding names, i.e. they have a prior against women as well as applicants with foreign sounding names. CEOs with Swedish sounding names have priors against applicants with foreign sounding names too (although the rate is higher for the former group), but they do not seem to prefer men over women. A possible explanation may be that CEOs with a foreign background worry more about discrimination on behalf of their customers and are therefore more concerned with having a staff with Swedish sounding names. And since Sweden is a country where women's labour force attachment is more solid than in most countries, it may be that CEOs that are ethnic Swedes are more positive toward female employees than are CEOs with foreign sounding names. 
I'd like to know why a CEO is involved in hiring in a medium or a large company or why the CEO does the calling back, among other things.

In any case, my postulate is that one thing, which will not solve this problem, if a problem it is, is more discrimination, especially of the legal variety.

@xSilverPhinx I need a better keyboard for that endeavour. I was thinking of looking at Anita's Tropes vs. Women series, which is available on her YouTube channel, https: //www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Edgk9RxP7Fm7vjQ1d-cDA (Look a couple of years back. I broke the link with a space after http: Epic nonsense to the tune of some eight hundred thousand dollars in funding) I've started on the post. TBC tomorrow afternoon.

Also, Pewds popularized wamen? Really?! Hm... Shows how well I know my memes, I guess.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on April 02, 2018, 11:58:34 PM
Effort is not the thing, with which I have a problem. I refer to my response to Davin's response to Dave.

@xSilverPhinx I need a better keyboard for that endeavour. I was thinking of looking at Anita's Tropes vs. Women series, which is available on her YouTube channel, https: //www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Edgk9RxP7Fm7vjQ1d-cDA (Look a couple of years back. I broke the link with a space after http: Epic nonsense to the tune of some eight hundred thousand dollars in funding) I've started on the post. TBC tomorrow afternoon.

Also, Pewds popularized wamen? Really?! Hm... Shows how well I know my memes, I guess.

Okie.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tom62 on April 02, 2018, 07:52:40 PM
I've seen this whole discussion dragged out on YouTube and Facebook. Apparently it is no longer allowed to have old fashioned ideas anymore. Merits no longer seem to count, it is all about skin colour and gender. Companies like Google could fire you for Wrong-think if you have a different opinion and you could be marked by fucking SJW morons as being a member of the Alt-Right. Apparently normal moderate conservative ideas are no longer wanted and everyone on the right of Marxism is now a Nazi.
And yet, here we are, and little by little, my name is becoming Legion.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Bad Penny II

Freedom, Freedom!

Freedom is desirable I suppose though, no, no,  I will spare everyone a sweaty sports underwear metaphor and start a new sentence.

There was a time when woman were treated poorly in the labour market and by laws in general.
There was a time when indigenous/black people were treated poorly in the labour market and by laws in general.
Most would agree with that and those that don't, chortle chortle snigger snigger to their natural order of things.
It's all fixed now though isn't it?  A fair level playing field, well no, not quite.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.