News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Starbucks

Started by SisterAgatha, October 07, 2017, 03:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 07, 2017, 08:17:42 PM
Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 07, 2017, 08:03:38 PM
Father Bruno with all due respect that was very cruel and unnecessary.

"fuck" is a horrible word and I don't allow it spoken in my classroom or within my hearing.

I don't get why you enjoy being so wicked, but some people are just like that!

Listen Snowflake. I responded to your introductory post and described how I was abused by the nuns at the catholic school I was forced to attend, and you said fucking nothing,...in fact out of all the ridiculous posts and threads you've started this is the first time you've responded directly to me and it's because of a ridiculous coffee cup.

You're not a nun, probably not even catholic, and you certainly aren't a teacher.

Not going to apologize for the coffee cup because it's fucking hilarious, and anyway I signed it "Love Fr. Bruno", and even put a cute little smiley face on the bottom.

Bruno's voice just changed in my head. He used to be the Cookie Monster. Now he's AL Capone...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: jumbojak on October 07, 2017, 09:33:22 PM

"fuck" is a horrible word and I don't allow it spoken in my classroom or within my hearing.

Listen Snowflake. I responded to your introductory post and described how I was abused by the nuns at the catholic school I was forced to attend, and you said fucking nothing,...in fact out of all the ridiculous posts and threads you've started this is the first time you've responded directly to me and it's because of a ridiculous coffee cup.

You're not a nun, probably not even catholic, and you certainly aren't a teacher.

Not going to apologize for the coffee cup because it's fucking hilarious, and anyway I signed it "Love Fr. Bruno", and even put a cute little smiley face on the bottom.

Bruno's voice just changed in my head. He used to be the Cookie Monster. Now he's AL Capone...

"C" is for...Cigar!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Velma

My hope is that Starbucks puts nothing on their cups for the holiday season. All that foaming at the mouth over something so trivial and blatantly commercial is rather funny.

Yes, I said HOLIDAY SEASON. Christians have no monopoly on celebrations during the final weeks of the year.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 07, 2017, 03:53:23 PM
:picard facepalm:

:puppysnicker:

Of all the things to get fussed about, I've never understood this one.  People run around saying "Merry Xmas" all December long -- I run around saying "Merry Xmas" to Xtians all December long -- but Xtian loons (as opposed to sensible Xtians) need it on a cup too? 

I hardly ever hear "Happy Yule" or "Bright Solstice" from anybody but do I complain?  No, indeed, I'm just grateful to be included in the occasional "Happy Holidays" by some generous-minded individual.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

Christians have every right to be upset about starbucks not having merry christmas on their cups. I mean after all, 6,000 years ago their invisible magic sky daddy poofed all there is into existence, just for them.

hermes2015

:yes!:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Dave on October 07, 2017, 08:13:58 PM

From memory ( :) ) I think fucking was quite nice myself.

Well SA has probably never experienced a good fuck. And she never could in the real world as she's in love with JC and nothing in reality could ever match up to a god giving you a good rogering. So she will die having never experienced being shagged. And unfortunately her prideful behaviour here will consign her to hell for eternity. So unless Satan gives her one she never will know what she's been missing. I suppose the one advantage to this is she will get her Darwin award. A fact for which we should all be grateful.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 07, 2017, 03:49:54 PM
As we all know once Halloween ends, the Christmas season arrives (according to major corporations that is!)

Once the Christmas (not holiday season..sorry secularists!) season starts Starbucks will of course be putting slogans on it's cups.

I was angered and appalled last year or so  when Starucks did not include "merry christmas" on their cups.

I just felt it really disregarded the needs and hopes of Christians everywhere, who perhaps after a long day at the office enjoy seeing someone wish them "merry christmas" even if that someone is just a cup.

Any word or idea on what starbucks or other coffee dispensaries will place on their cups?

Translation:

As we all know, once Halloween ends, then there's thanksgiving, but I'm going ignore that and just get to the troll bait I want to get to: Christmas.

Once the Christmas (not holiday season, because Christmas is the only holiday right?), season starts, Starbucks will of think they have to right to say or not say what they want.

I was angered an appalled last year when they did not include "merry christmas" on their cups because I think that religion should control other people's actions, even (and especially) those that don't belong to my religion.

I just feel it really disregarded the needs and hopes of Christains (not a typo) everywhere, who perhaps after a long day at the office enjoy seeing that everyone else is forced to do what some bullshit fucked up church followers want.

Any one want to respond to this troll post where I'll ignore almost everything said and respond without actually addressing any points brought up?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on October 09, 2017, 06:53:25 PM

Translation:

As we all know, once Halloween ends, then there's thanksgiving, but I'm going ignore that and just get to the troll bait I want to get to: Christmas.

Once the Christmas (not holiday season, because Christmas is the only holiday right?), season starts, Starbucks will of think they have to right to say or not say what they want.

I was angered an appalled last year when they did not include "merry christmas" on their cups because I think that religion should control other people's actions, even (and especially) those that don't belong to my religion.

I just feel it really disregarded the needs and hopes of Christains (not a typo) everywhere, who perhaps after a long day at the office enjoy seeing that everyone else is forced to do what some bullshit fucked up church followers want.

Any one want to respond to this troll post where I'll ignore almost everything said and respond without actually addressing any points brought up?

I'll address the points that matters to me:  what about Thanksgiving?  It's my favorite holiday and it gets shut out more and more every year.  At this point, Black Friday has more meaning than Thanksgiving.  What's the problem here?  Pecan pie and candied yams with those filthy marshmallows aren't sweet enough to hold their own with Halloween treats?  Giving thanks not as good as getting gifts on Santa Day?  (OK, never mind, forget I brought that up)  And don't even complain about the food because Xmas dinner is the same as Thanksgiving dinner with the turkey switched out for ham.

And as for Holiday Season, what else can you call a it when there are four Federally recognized holidays right in a 63-day row?  Holidays that even the most ordinary of American Xtians also recognize even tho two aren't Xtian at all and one is more of an Immigrants Day than anything else.  Even if we only consider the month of December, that's still jam-packed with assorted well-observed holidays based on the Winter Solstice (of which Xmas is one, tho goodness knows Xtians have been trying for centuries to walk that back), as well as a few that just happen to fall then.  Say it loud and say it proud:  All Holidays Matter.
Sandy

Recusant

Speaking of holidays, today is Canadian Thanksgiving Day. Most of our Canadian members aren't very active anymore, but I just thought I'd mention that.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Recusant on October 09, 2017, 10:00:31 PM
Speaking of holidays, today is Canadian Thanksgiving Day. Most of our Canadian members aren't very active anymore, but I just thought I'd mention that.  :)

I miss our Canadians.

Sandy

xSilverPhinx

^ Yeah, do we still have active Canadian members? :notsure: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

October 9th (last Monday) was Columbus Day. In the past, that day was celebrated by a large body of faithful Catholics.....particularly by the fraternal organization called Knights Of Columbus.  There is now a cruel secularist movement to change the day to; Indigenous Peoples Day.

I reckon that the native Americans had a lot more to do with the discovery of America than old Christopher did. Columbus did not discover America as the general public is inclined to believe.

Meanwhile I am OK to call the day whatever you choose. In this last case, I choose to call the day "Monday". Also, to hell with the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria. If we wanted to embrace other possibilities, we could have Eric The Red day.

Here is the limerick that I recite on Columbus day.  I'll do a different one about Santa Claus on Xmas day.

In 1492
Columbus sailed the blue
But he hit on a rock
and split up his cock
and pissed all over the crew

No one

I celebrate Columbus day by picking a random house, kicking down the door, slaughtering its inhabitants and declaring it a new "discovery".

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey