News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

in some light, can't you sympathize with school shooters?

Started by MusicLovingAtheist, December 22, 2014, 02:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Niya on December 23, 2014, 05:47:36 AM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 22, 2014, 09:23:25 PM
Quote from: MikeyV on December 22, 2014, 08:51:43 PM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 22, 2014, 08:27:37 PMWow.

You sympathize with the school shooters, while I sympathize with the parents of the needlessly slain children. We just come from different perspectives.

School shooters are the worst kind of narcissists. Carve a path of destruction and never ending sadness, then end your life so you don't have to live with the consequences.

I sympathize with bullied kids. I was a bullied kid. But my sympathy ends the moment you pick up a gun and go on a rampage.
at least the people who did it had some fun while they were doing it.

No, I have never seen anyone filled with hatred and anguish and pain, having fun. At a recent terrorist activity, 6 terrorists killed 300 children at a school in my country. You can imagine them as having fun, but I only imagine hate filled people just taking it out on others.
I hate terrorists. Their beliefs are so skewed. I think that they are some of the stupidest people in the world.

Asmodean

Actually, some of them are quite intelligent. Even wise, depending on the scope of one's definition of wisdom.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: MikeyV on December 22, 2014, 08:23:13 PM
I think school shooters have it backwards. They should start with the suicide, then go on a rampage. It's a win-win for everybody.
That's one solution. Not ideal, but still better.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Niya

Only if a shooter thinks he has no purpose left...but sometimes they have a purpose, to shift their pain to someone else. To feel justified if nothing else.
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Asmodean on December 23, 2014, 06:44:29 AM
Actually, some of them are quite intelligent. Even wise, depending on the scope of one's definition of wisdom.
I do recall liking ted kaczynski.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 22, 2014, 09:23:25 PM
Quote from: MikeyV on December 22, 2014, 08:51:43 PM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 22, 2014, 08:27:37 PMWow.

You sympathize with the school shooters, while I sympathize with the parents of the needlessly slain children. We just come from different perspectives.

School shooters are the worst kind of narcissists. Carve a path of destruction and never ending sadness, then end your life so you don't have to live with the consequences.

I sympathize with bullied kids. I was a bullied kid. But my sympathy ends the moment you pick up a gun and go on a rampage.
at least the people who did it had some fun while they were doing it.
This is so fucking wrong, on so many fucking levels. It's a completely and utterly disgusting comment.
Seriously what is the purpose here of entertaining this DB of a troll? 
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Asmodean

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 23, 2014, 01:18:04 PM
Oh, some are even charismatic and possibly quite likeable, but for me, that's not contingent solely on intelligence and/or wisdom.

Osama Bin Laden had at least some university education, at most multiple degrees (I'm not sure. If any one knows, feel free to expand) in addition to being reasonably charismatic, but I don't think I would have be able to like him even before we started on the whole terrorist thing; too much religion, too ugly a beard.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Asmodean on December 23, 2014, 09:12:56 PM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 23, 2014, 01:18:04 PM
Oh, some are even charismatic and possibly quite likeable, but for me, that's not contingent solely on intelligence and/or wisdom.

Osama Bin Laden had at least some university education, at most multiple degrees (I'm not sure. If any one knows, feel free to expand) in addition to being reasonably charismatic, but I don't think I would have be able to like him even before we started on the whole terrorist thing; too much religion, too ugly a beard.
I hate bin laden.

Asmodean

I don't. In fact, I'm completely indifferent about the man. However, I do condemn using terror (or more conventional force, for that matter) to get one's message across.

What I'm saying is just that even if he was intelligent and charismatic, I would probably dislike him if I knew him. As an individual, that is, not a symbol or whatever else he might have been.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Asmodean on December 24, 2014, 12:58:57 AM
I don't. In fact, I'm completely indifferent about the man. However, I do condemn using terror (or more conventional force, for that matter) to get one's message across.

What I'm saying is just that even if he was intelligent and charismatic, I would probably dislike him if I knew him. As an individual, that is, not a symbol or whatever else he might have been.
Yeah I understand. He represents all those towel head extremists who are just retarded anyways. His world view was so twisted around that bullshit warlord Allah the child molester, and he wants to kill others and destroy ancient architecture because of THAT. The guy is a fucking piece of shit.

Buddy

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 24, 2014, 01:29:19 AM

Yeah I understand. He represents all those towel head extremists who are just retarded anyways. His world view was so twisted around that bullshit warlord Allah the child molester, and he wants to kill others and destroy ancient architecture because of THAT. The guy is a fucking piece of shit.

You really couldn't have found a better word than retard?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

::) Why we can't have nice things.

When you write "towel head" you're using a racist epithet. That is not acceptable here. As Budhorse4 pointed out, "retard" isn't cool, either. Do you want to get suspended or banned from this site? If not, you have to stop posting noxious shit which is clearly against the rules. I think that generally people have been very patient with you. That will only carry you so far.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Crow

Nope. People get bullied and treated like shit everyday and don't go on a shooting spree so I have no sympathy for them.
Retired member.

Tank

Going back to the OP title. I think the trigger word is sympathise. If the title had been something along the lines of "in some lights is it possible to understand school shooters? it would have caused a lot less grief. It would have objectified the discussion and put it in the third person while the use of 'can you' put it in the first person.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Recusant on December 24, 2014, 01:46:52 AM

::) Why we can't have nice things.

When you write "towel head" you're using a racist epithet. That is not acceptable here. As Budhorse4 pointed out, "retard" isn't cool, either. Do you want to get suspended or banned from this site? If not, you have to stop posting noxious shit which is clearly against the rules. I think that generally people have been very patient with you. That will only carry you so far.
alright, calm down. I didn't know that retard and towel head were banned words. I am not used to censoring what I say. I will try to tone it down a bit. just fyi i wasn't planning on forming a eugenics council. Retard/retarded is not offensive to retarded people.  Just their myopic family and friends who are hypersensitive and overprotective.