News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: jumbojak on August 17, 2019, 08:50:03 PM
Send it to me and I'll fix it for you.

Are you sure about that JJ? I'm not dissing on you, but you really messed up that car radio in the other thread.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 17, 2019, 11:58:26 PM
Don't do it! He just wants to see your upside-down pron!

Nothing wrong with a surfer or two.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Sore throat and my voice is gone, like it suddenly woke up one morning and said, 'fuck it, I'm going on holiday'.  :pensive:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 18, 2019, 01:48:52 PM
Sore throat and my voice is gone, like it suddenly woke up one morning and said, 'fuck it, I'm going on holiday'.  :pensive:

Your husband would be pleased.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Late yesterday, friend wife, said lets go out to get food.  She is a foodie and I am not at all interested in food or in spending 40 to 50 dollars on something I did not really want.  Nice guy that I am  ;D, I said OK.

Light rain. still plenty of daylight. We approach a huge shopping mall where our intended restaurant resides.  (Fish City Grill it was)  Wife is driving  her Toyota Prius in a reasonable way. A big ass Jeep vehicle made a sudden left turn into our right of way. CRASH.  Toyota crunched pretty badly.  Young man driving the big ass jeep readily agreed that the crash was his fault. Crash was not so severe that either vehicle had its air bag deployed. (Halleleuah!)

Really nice young man was the driver of the offending vehicle. I was most sympathetic for him....he fucked up badly and he was aware of it..............but perhaps not with those words.

Not given over to anger or any such thing, I engaged him in conversation while we waited for the cops to arrive....no one was injured ...except the Toyota and the Jeep, so no need for ambulance.

While we waited for the cop to investigate and report the accident we became conversational.  He was a 20 year old  male who was most polite. Plus one for him..  In our conversation I showed an interest in him, and consoled him about the mistake that he had made.  Like; Shit happens!

Turns out that he was home schooled and ....I did not ask him but I suspect his parents were Jesus people who made the home school decision.  Unfortunately his home schooling did not rate very highly with prospective employers.  He does have a job with a large  grocery chain for which he appears to be loyal.  Not a happy prospect for his prosperity.

I do give his parents credit for raising a young man with good intentions and a sense of decency that is commendable. His formal education, or lack of it, will most likely be an albatross around his neck for too long in his early life.

Meanwhile the Toyota needs about two thousand dollars for repair.......... Insurance will cover the cost but my own insurance company may punish friend wife with a higher premium even though she was not at all at fault.

So that is my grumpy rant for the day.

hermes2015

Happy to hear nobody was injured, Icarus.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

:therethere:
Are you feeling better?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on August 18, 2019, 08:32:00 PM

Hmmm.  That sounds like something someone from Mississippi would say, not an enlightened Englishman.  Did you say that with a Southern US accent?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on August 18, 2019, 08:32:00 PM

Are you insinuating I talk too much?  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on August 20, 2019, 03:46:38 PM
:therethere:
Are you feeling better?

:smilenod:   :hug:

jumbojak

Took a hard elbow to my ribs tonight, liver side... Bruised if not broken. Jiu-Jitsu is going to be rough tomorrow, but I'll get through it.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Been applying for a part time second job to cover the bills from my surgery. Sucks that even paying a lot for insurance I'm still a couple of thousand dollars in debt for it.  :-\
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Adulting is hard, isn't it Buddy?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Davin

I think that's beyond regular adulting. It's now Adulting on hard mode.

Paying bills, paying for insurances, paying the rent/mortgage, food... etc. are all normal adult things that all adults have had to deal with.

But getting sick or injured has never before, and never should, require people to get a second job to pay for or send people into extreme long term debt. Especially when already paying a lot for health insurance.

This is not regular adult responsibilities, these new levels of medical expenses are insanity.

I ranted a little.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.