News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

I just now found out what thread I was posting in...
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 22, 2017, 03:15:04 PM
Quote from: Arturo on July 22, 2017, 05:03:13 AM
That explains it, I don't like game of thrones.

:shocked: This cannot be!  :sshocked:

Might I have some of your time to tell you about our Lord and Saviour Jon Snow, the Prince That Was Promised?   :dominidomini:

:snicker:

As to Claire's "who would you kill" question, I concur with Melisandre.  Tho it is hard to pass up Cersei for the axe, and Baelish really sticks his head out there too.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Baelish is, IMO, one of the more interesting characters so I hope he doesn't meet his demise just yet, there's just so much potential for chaos-wreaking that would be interesting to see develop.

Cersei...well, I think she's going to die soon anyway, so I wouldn't waste one death wish on her. It's a given. :chin:

Melisandre just might slip through Death's net, which is just so wrong in my mind especially after what she did to Shireen.

Asmodean

Can any-one explain one thing to a wondering Asmo..?

You know, back in the seasons when the... Other king-kid. Not the sociopath one, but... Tommen, I think it was.

Why exactly did he commit suicide again..? I mean, I remember watching that scene as someone who has been on both sides of suicide and like... "Nope. Thin. Very thin. Transparent."

So... Am I missing something important?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2017, 01:23:07 AM
Baelish is, IMO, one of the more interesting characters so I hope he doesn't meet his demise just yet, there's just so much potential for chaos-wreaking that would be interesting to see develop.

I am so over Littlefinger.  And I feel the need to shower after his scenes.

QuoteCersei...well, I think she's going to die soon anyway, so I wouldn't waste one death wish on her. It's a given. :chin:

Cersei dying is good, but never soon enough for me.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on July 23, 2017, 10:43:19 AM
Can any-one explain one thing to a wondering Asmo..?

You know, back in the seasons when the... Other king-kid. Not the sociopath one, but... Tommen, I think it was.

Why exactly did he commit suicide again..? I mean, I remember watching that scene as someone who has been on both sides of suicide and like... "Nope. Thin. Very thin. Transparent."

So... Am I missing something important?

His mother blew up the Sept with Tommen's wife in it, whom Tommen, child tho he was, appeared to sincerely love.  And honestly, since that left him living once again under Cersei's thumb, I can see his being suicidal.
Sandy

Asmodean

Yes, that's what I thought. But such would be a reasoned decision, demanding some time alone in a dark place, doing mental masturbation. His suicide was more sort of a "Fuck it! NOW!" type of situation, which... Sort-of has to be pre-deliberated. As in, you wake up every morning, trying to think of a few reasons not to off yourself, then your wife gets blown up in a shitstorm of green goo the remainder of which Killjoys seem to be using for their thing, and you sort of like... "Meh" and then like... *Jump*

So... Yeah. I guess my actual question is, why was it as sudden as it was? Was he suicidal before, one wonders? Did it show?

...Also, now The Asmo is fascinated with the similarity of goo... He needs a few episodes of GoT, a few episodes of Killjoys and... Super-high definition.  :headscratch: Do production companies sell each other goo, He wonders... Or do they all buy it from the same goo-maker. How does one become a goo-maker for the television industry?  :notsure:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

I don't think it showed, he seemed to be happy with his wife and, as Books mentioned, genuinely in love. With her gone maybe he thought there was nothing else to live for and decided to off himself, especially considering his mother exerted such control over his life, even if he was king.

...goo, Asmo? :lol:

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on July 23, 2017, 11:24:15 AM
Yes, that's what I thought. But such would be a reasoned decision, demanding some time alone in a dark place, doing mental masturbation. His suicide was more sort of a "Fuck it! NOW!" type of situation, which... Sort-of has to be pre-deliberated. As in, you wake up every morning, trying to think of a few reasons not to off yourself, then your wife gets blown up in a shitstorm of green goo the remainder of which Killjoys seem to be using for their thing, and you sort of like... "Meh" and then like... *Jump*

So... Yeah. I guess my actual question is, why was it as sudden as it was? Was he suicidal before, one wonders? Did it show?

I don't know that I agree suicide is always a reasoned decision, rather than a rash impulse, particularly in kids and teenagers who haven't really grasped what death is yet. 

And in Tommen's case I can see a "fuck it, out the window I go" reaction.  He'd spent his whole young life under the thumb of a self-absorbed, manipulative woman who could only be trusted to consider her own interests.  And he was used to it.  Then along comes Margaery, bringing a life that's so much better -- happier and fulfilling. 

And an instant later it's all gone.  His mother has destroyed it and he's back looking at dragging thru a dismal life as her puppet again but now it's from the perspective of having briefly known freedom and love.  Given his youth, immaturity and generally passive nature I can see using the impetuous of grief for the single assertive act of freeing himself by going out the window.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

I never thought I'd say this, but it's Sunday night!  :jumps:

xSilverPhinx

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2017, 11:41:05 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on July 23, 2017, 03:42:37 PM
Goo.  :sadnod:

And here I was thinking you were in the clay business.  ;)

He branches out. Why, mysterious and highly potent green goo may just hold the key to the destruction of a certain mountain dutchy. Hmm... if one were to, say, put goo under a certain mountain and then, have a candle in the said goo... Of course, an enterprising Asmo may need to kidnap a few urchins for the candle planting and some occasional stabbing... Keep their hands after... Yes. Yes... This plan is shaping up... *mumble about urchins and also a pizza pie and a rocket nozzle. Important, the nozzle. Will also need four ladders and... *
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.