News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 26, 2017, 08:25:07 PM
I remember season 5 no better than I remember yesterday.  I think I ate Wheaties yesterday.

That can be a good thing actually, as it can be a good reason to watch everything again. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 26, 2017, 08:28:53 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 26, 2017, 08:25:07 PM
I remember season 5 no better than I remember yesterday.  I think I ate Wheaties yesterday.

That can be a good thing actually, as it can be a good reason to watch everything again. :P

Tried re-watching season 5 and realized why I was blocking it mentally -- it's when poor little Shireen died.  I can't handle that again.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

5 days to go!  :jumps:

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 05, 2017, 08:49:08 AM
Tried re-watching season 5 and realized why I was blocking it mentally -- it's when poor little Shireen died.  I can't handle that again.

Yeah, that Stannis was mad, and I was disappointed that Jon kept Ser Davos from killing Melisandre in a subsequent episode. She believed so fervently that Stannis was "the Prince that was promised" that she pushed him over the edge into madness, which resulted in him killing his innocent daughter.

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 13, 2017, 11:56:15 PM
Season 7 is coming!

:frolic:

This Sunday, right?  Must remember to lay on the snacks and turn off the phone.   :watching:
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Yep, it premiers this Sunday. :grin:

I gotta remember to buy some microwave popcorn. :popcorn:

Claireliontamer

I don't know if I'm going to be able to watch the new series live as I cancelled my Now TV subscription which has the SKY Atlantic channel on.   Does anyone know any way of watching it free online or is that highly illegal?

xSilverPhinx

I don't have HBO so I watch an uploaded version at Cokeandpopcorn. You could download a torrent too but odds are high that you'll get some malware as well.

Sandra Craft

Massive spoiler at the end of this article.  Even I wish I hadn't seen it:  Tormund/Brienne romance improvised by actors
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

So cokeandpopcorn.ch has been shut down, unfortunately. Here are some free alternatives.

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2017, 09:58:31 PM
So cokeandpopcorn.ch has been shut down, unfortunately. Here are some free alternatives.

I put kodi on my Dad's new computer. And it doesn't have EVERY show or movie, but it does have a lot. It's free and open source. Once you get kodi, you install expdus onto it and you're solid gold.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Claireliontamer

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2017, 09:58:31 PM

You're a hero. 

Sandra Craft

Epi 7.1, Dragonstone, or Winter is coming and so are the dead

As usual, the first episode of the season was all catch up, a "where are they now" primer --

Arya and the Freys.  I have to say I'm glad to see Arya still has enough basic humanity not to kill old Walder's latest pre-teen wife.

Bran and Meera.  Finally at the Wall and in the safe keeping of whoever that was left in charge of Castle Black.  I can't remember his name but I've always liked him and I hope he survives to the end of the series.

Jon rallying the remaining Northerners.  He appears to have a natural touch at it but I have to say that when you're reduced to shoring up your fighting numbers with children and old people, you are not in good shape. 

Sansa.  Oh dear, if she's serious about accepting the second in command of the North under Jon role she really needs to learn how to present a united front -- not sure that's going to ever be part of her skill set.  Altho I also thought Jon out of hand in his "you admire her" crack when Sansa's advice about Cersei sounded only as if she knew her well -- and she does.

Lady Mormont, continuing to shame grown men.

Cersei and Jaime.  She's still a paranoid nut job and he's still enabling her.  "Tommen betrayed us" indeed, more like she screwed everything up.

Euron Greyjoy is such scum.  I'm sure the present he has in mind for Cersei is Tyrion's head.  My fingers are crossed that the next time Tyrion and Cersei meet, he'll be giving her Euron's head.

Sam Tarley.  I could have lived without the Sam-among-the-scut-work montage.  Still, he was allowed to make a huge discovery if only the story allows him to live long enough to tell Jon.

Brienne and Pod, training.  Many fans I know have said the killing of the Freys was their favorite scene, but for me it was when Tormund passed the battered Pod lying in the snow and told him "you're a lucky man".  Tormund must spend his nights fantasizing about Brienne throwing him repeatedly to the ground.

Littlefinger, weasel of Westeros.  But it's good to see that Sansa is developing a nice, sharp edge.

Arya and the Merry Men.  I so hope they don't turn into rapists.  I'm told one of them is a professional singer in real life, but I don't know who.

The Hound and the Bannerless men.  So . . . is Sandor a Lord of Light visionary?  Is he going to take over Top Knot's job?

Jorah Mormont.  Since the maesters at the Citadel are research and experiment type scholars as well as simply bookish scholars, I'm assuming Jorah put himself in their hands as a guinea pig for Greyscale cures.  Hard way to treat an invalid.

And finally, Dany.  A Targaryen back in Dragonstone at last, which is conveniently around the corner from King's Landing.  Question: was Dragonstone the original capital of the Seven Kingdoms, because that looks like a throne of raw dragon glass in the anteroom.
Sandy

Claireliontamer

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 18, 2017, 03:00:49 AM

Arya and the Merry Men.  I so hope they don't turn into rapists.  I'm told one of them is a professional singer in real life, but I don't know who.

The ginger one who didn't say much is Ed Sheeran.

Asmodean

oO(What miracles did Saint Pancreas perform after his death to deserve sainthood, one doth wonder...  :headscratch: Of all the organs..!)

I must admit, I sort of lost interest in GoT.  :( Might watch anyways at some point.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.