News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 28, 2016, 12:42:11 AM
I'm doubting it.  It seems to be a major Stark flaw that what brains they have are over-ridden by emotion.  Robb never lost in the field, but he was taken down because his feelings for his lover had him breaking important pacts and disrupting alliances he needed.

True, Robb ended losing the war, even though he won his battles. Sad how that turned out. *Sigh* So unfair.  :tellmemore:

QuoteLoved the look on Baelish's face during the "King in the North!" scene, and Sansa's slow realization that "oh, crap -- now I have this to deal with".

Yep. Do you think this time she's going to tell Jon about Baelish and what he plans?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 28, 2016, 12:54:15 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 28, 2016, 12:42:11 AM
Loved the look on Baelish's face during the "King in the North!" scene, and Sansa's slow realization that "oh, crap -- now I have this to deal with".

Yep. Do you think this time she's going to tell Jon about Baelish and what he plans?

If I were writing this story, I would have her do that.  Those two need to be a team -- they make sense as a team and the dramatic possibilities, while different, are just as good.  Don't really trust the real writers with this storyline tho, I think they're likely to go for the cheap thrills of "Sansa sneaking around and tripping things up" bit.

And speaking of sneaking around and tripping things up, how about that Arya?  Right back to whittling down her list (and I'm not sure that isn't what Jaquen both expected and wanted) and apparently crazy as a coot as well.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Yeah, that Arya is growing up to be quite the little sociopath, but maybe that's to be expected, given the life she's led.

Sansa also seems to have a foot in that territory as well, after all, Ramsay is part of her now. Jofferey too. She really did seem to really enjoy watching Ramsay getting eaten by his dogs in the previous episode.

Firebird

So it's implied that Dany will marry someone. Who?  We may know she and Jon are half-siblings  but they don't, and it seems convenient if she manages to conquer King's Landing. Too fucked up? I suppose there's Littlefinger too, but I can't see that happening,and I feel like he's going to get his comeuppance eventually.

Or perhaps the  White Walker King?   ;) In all seriousness, the white walkers have to invade at some point too, don't they? They're still overlooked for the most part.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ali

Well, if she's going to make a politically advantageous marriage at this point, her options are pretty limited. Of the 7 great houses of Westeros, most of them have killed each other off at this point.

Baratheon - extinct
Lannister - Jaime or Tyrion, but Tyrion is already in her court. Jaime is a possibility I suppose, but I don't see it going that way.
Greyjoy - Euron, but they aren't a very politically powerful house, and she's already agreed to help Yarra kill him. Yarra maybe, and that would be fun, but again, probably not since the rest of Westeros doesn't really care for the Iron Islands, what with all their raping and reaving and whatnot, so it doesn't really suit her goal, plus she already has an alliance with Yarra.
Arryn - Robert, but he's a little boy and a whiny one at that
Martell - extinct as far as I know. Now occupied by the Sands, who she already has an alliance with, and I don't know if Westeros would accept a Sand, or same sex marriage, and I know Dany wouldn't marry someone who murdered an innocent little girl if she ever found out. Also, like the Iron Islands, Dorne seems kind of removed from the rest of Westeros, so I don't know if that marriage would meet her goal of winning over the Weterosi.
Tully- Edmure, but he's already married
Tyrell - I don't know that there are any marriageable Tyrell's floating around at the moment, and I think House Tyrell already supports her anyway
Stark - Bran - a possibility I suppose, but he's too young for her and seems like he will be more interested in being the three eyed raven than getting married and sitting on the Iron Throne. Or Jon, who is a Snow, but widely accepted as Ned Stark's son, and currently the King of the North, which would be politically very advantageous, given that the North is the size of all of the rest of the kingdoms combined, plus he's a Targaryon himself which as a Targaryon she would probably dig.

Or I guess there is Littlefinger, but he's a slimy little weasel and she would hate him.

Firebird

Quote from: Ali on June 29, 2016, 02:29:07 PM
Lannister - Jaime or Tyrion, but Tyrion is already in her court. Jaime is a possibility I suppose, but I don't see it going that way.
Jamie probably wouldn't help her much since he's not technically in charge of anything.

Arryn - Robert, but he's a little boy and a whiny one at that
Hey, it's possible. Renly being gay didn't dissuade Margaery!

Tully- Edmure, but he's already married
For now...unless Arya made a bigger feast already

Stark - Bran - a possibility I suppose, but he's too young for her and seems like he will be more interested in being the three eyed raven than getting married and sitting on the Iron Throne. Or Jon, who is a Snow, but widely accepted as Ned Stark's son, and currently the King of the North, which would be politically very advantageous, given that the North is the size of all of the rest of the kingdoms combined, plus he's a Targaryon himself which as a Targaryon she would probably dig.
Agree on Bran. And it all depends on whether Bran manages to communicate what he knows to Jon/Dany. Though I can't see the producers passing on the opportunity for the "big reveal".

Or I guess there is Littlefinger, but he's a slimy little weasel and she would hate him.
True, but it wasn't like Cersei liked Robert much either. Again, marriage of convenience. Though perhaps she'd regret leaving Daario behind at that point.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Doesn't Dany know that Jaime was the one who killed her father?  :scratch: I think that if they were to meet then there would be more than a heated discussion...

:haironfire:

As for the Martells, Doran's other sons are still alive. In the books he sent his son Quentyn to seek a marriage alliance with her.

Firebird

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Ali

Thought you guys might find this interesting.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ali on July 02, 2016, 12:56:33 AM
Thought you guys might find this interesting.

Is that a direwolf or a wolf-like horse? :lol:

Tank

Somewhat appropriate?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pasta Chick

Ghost is definitely not represented as that large in the show! Not are the others... All the beheaded wolves have been the size of a 100lb or so animal

Firebird

Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 10, 2016, 07:17:57 PM
Ghost is definitely not represented as that large in the show! Not are the others... All the beheaded wolves have been the size of a 100lb or so animal

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed. Everything else looks to scale, though