News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

The man's surpassed himself: he's offered his help in the tragic Charlie Gard case, but denies continued health cover to millions of his own people.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

How worse can it get before they drop him?

Preferably from the top of Trump Tower . . . (Don't mean that, not really . . .   :grin: )
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

It will only get bad enough, when the core supporters starts to dwindle. The center of that core will never switch over, but I think there will a be a point where a good portion of the supporters will weaken.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on July 11, 2017, 08:15:35 PM
It will only get bad enough, when the core supporters starts to dwindle. The center of that core will never switch over, but I think there will a be a point where a good portion of the supporters will weaken.

[conspiracy theory:]
Trouble is those who initially support someone do not like losing face by publically dropping that person. Trump is not really in charge and they will let him bumble on so long as he does them no pereonal damage - whilst they play their games behind the headlines. Never mind that the whole country is going down the tubes, their money is elsewhere! [/conspiracy theory]

In my experience in industry I have seen senior managers supporting obvious idiot middle managers because a) they appointed them and don't like admitting they made a mistake, and/or, b) keep the idiot there because he/she is not a challenge. Meanwhile the company operates at a low level of efficiency/profit (and it is the worker's fault). Not a direct analogy here but a similar mindset maybe.

The Peter Principle applies to all.

I would love to hear what Pence says to Trump's face - and behind his back. Bet the latter is not terribly christian.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on July 11, 2017, 05:54:42 PM
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/884789839522140166

So Don Jr. colluded with Russians.

*blink* *blink*

I...not...so...sure his IQ is higher than that of a slimy slug. :notsure:

This is great entertainment! I'd bet no reality show has that kind of twist! 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 11, 2017, 09:54:10 PM
Quote from: Davin on July 11, 2017, 05:54:42 PM
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/884789839522140166

So Don Jr. colluded with Russians.

*blink* *blink*

I...not...so...sure his IQ is higher than that of a slimy slug. :notsure:

This is great entertainment! I'd bet no reality show has that kind of twist!

Just saved that part on the "waybackmachine"

Get rekt https://web.archive.org/web/20170711205754/https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/884789839522140166
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

I would wear this shirt.

...and this is funny, "Senor Estupido"!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

If I were American I would wear one as well, FB!

Trump is trumping himself I think. Seems he is checking out his powers to pardon in case the Russian Connection investigstion goes against him. Thus he might be able to allow his family and advisors to evade justice if they are found "guilty".

Seems he is also trying to establish grounds to pardon himself, but all the pundits and academics seem to think that is not possible.

Once again, seems like the straw clutching of the drowning man. (Hmm, is it possible to clutch at straws and cover your arse at the same time? Interesting problem!)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/21/donald-trumps-lawyers-investigating-special-counsel-robert-muellers-team

QuoteSenator Mark Warner speaks out as reports emerge that US president's lawyers are seeking to discredit Robert Mueller's Russia investigation

News just in that Congress has taken action to curb Trump's attempts to reduce the sanctions on Russia. Also that Scaramucci has delted his earlier Tweets that disagreed with Trumpian policies. Says he wants to, "Start a clean sheet"; or is it an attempt to stop others using them to bite his ass? Betcha someone has a record of them!

What a team, eh?

Dave

Will, "The Russian Connection" be a future film title I wonder? Current events, Trumpwise, are certainly more like a film fantasy than real life!

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

OK, I am getting the feeling that business types make virtually incompetent statesmen and global politicians, even worse than attorney and lawyer types. Don't think ou cannot run a country, especially one like the States, as you would run a company. Compsnies are not drmoceacies - international affairs are so in the respect that the other major players get to take their balls home if they don't like the rules.

Unfortunately . . .

Asmodean

Yes. However, I do think that the concept of running a country like a business is appealing to a lot of people on a more-or-less superficial "That sounds about right" kind of level. It's not unique to the United States, but with business being an integral part of the "American dream" I can see why the idea took hold there.

A voter does not have to be right - just cast the ballot.

...And I may just have quoted myself. Although I suspect that I'm not the first to voice this exact sentiment.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.