News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

"Why Are You Atheists So Angry?"

Started by Asmodean, December 06, 2011, 02:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Considering the kind of bulls**t the theist fundie usually spouts about atheists, it should not be surprising that they are met with a measure of anger.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: unholy1971 on December 18, 2011, 06:30:06 PM
Because most of us atheist, started out as christians.  Christians who realized that they had been brainwashed our entire lives.  I think this justifies being a little angry.
Only just. The ratio of atheist to ex-theist atheist at Richard Dawkins forum came in at 48:52. However there was a high UK membership there that could have skewed the sample.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

ThinkAnarchy

I'm only about 10 minutes in, but I found myself shaking my head in agreement a lot those last few minutes. I will finish it up and watch the suggested video, "how to ruin Christmas" after the Ravens game. I need you to score me 40 points Ray Rice.

"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.