Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on February 10, 2020, 01:22:37 PM
Indeed, as Teal'c would say.

And yet here I am at home in my jammies! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 09, 2020, 03:07:21 AMThank you for all your efforts, Recusant. I am comfortable with the old theme, so no need to change me back to the new one. I notice, though, that the automatic spell checker is not working.

I wasn't clear enough, then. If I'm given the assent of our Argillaceous Grey Eminence and go ahead with another attempt at changing the default theme, I will in the same session revert you and Tank to "Curve," which is now the default theme, as well as anybody else who wishes it.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 09, 2020, 10:37:20 AM. . . I like flapdoodle.

I do too, though I try to use it sparingly.  ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

My wife's birthday.
I made her a carrot cake, sometime in the process my recipe pad flipped over to banana cake but that didn't detract.
Lots of carrot, lots of nuts, 2 cups of flour, 3/4 cup of oil, and some water cause it was too dry to make a cake, phili cheese icing.
Leg of lamb and roasted vegies.

Neil is touring, last saw him 30 years ago, book cheap tickets to see him in a smallish venue on our wedding anniversary in May
The concurrence of dates, pay homage to the gods and they will reward the faithful.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

So...
There I am, walking down the street, minding my own business when I see something shiny...So I picked it up.
I found this:

It's a ST. BENEDICT MEDAL WITH EXORCISM & BLESSING.
:run!:

Who was St. Benedict?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

The patron saint of hollandaise.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on February 17, 2020, 07:24:53 AM
So...
There I am, walking down the street, minding my own business when I see something shiny...So I picked it up.
I found this:

Who was St. Benedict?

Who cares? It's shiny!  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 17, 2020, 10:44:28 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 17, 2020, 07:24:53 AM
So...
I found this:

Who was St. Benedict?

Who cares? It's shiny!  ;D
True.  :lol:
I was just curious, I just wanted to find out what it meant to whoever lost it. I've been reading about this "saint".
Someone tried to poison him.  :picard facepalm:
That can't be good.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dede

what's on my mind today?  how glad I am that I found you HAF'ers! I've been reading old threads, and every so often I break into chuckles because of the funniness of what i read ... repeatedly I've thought 'Wow, wish I could LIKE that, so the author could know that I appreciated it'.  Some of it dates from many years ago, and I've figured it would be silly if I used the Quote function and commented on it ... or would it not?

Tank

Quote from: Dede on February 19, 2020, 05:45:58 PM
what's on my mind today?  how glad I am that I found you HAF'ers! I've been reading old threads, and every so often I break into chuckles because of the funniness of what i read ... repeatedly I've thought 'Wow, wish I could LIKE that, so the author could know that I appreciated it'.  Some of it dates from many years ago, and I've figured it would be silly if I used the Quote function and commented on it ... or would it not?

Feel free to comment on old posts. You get a warning that the last comment was over 120(?) days ago, ignore this and post away.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dede

Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2020, 06:01:53 PM

Feel free to comment on old posts. You get a warning that the last comment was over 120(?) days ago, ignore this and post away.

Thank you, Tank, for the guidance ... I'll do that!

hermes2015

I agree with your assessment of HAF. Marshall McLuhan's global village is a reality: we are a family here.
― Charles Eames