News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Going to work tomorrow morning. :sad sigh:

At least Friday's a holiday and there will be chocolate. Lots of chocolate.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 19, 2016, 01:00:08 PM

What is the del with labeling of chocolate in Brazil? Is it like spain where it has to be over 70% to be considered chocolate otherwise it is called confectionary or is it like most places where you have milk and sugar with a bit of cacao that is considered chocolate?
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on March 19, 2016, 01:27:22 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 19, 2016, 01:00:08 PM

What is the del with labeling of chocolate in Brazil? Is it like spain where it has to be over 70% to be considered chocolate otherwise it is called confectionary or is it like most places where you have milk and sugar with a bit of cacao that is considered chocolate?

It's like most other places. Even a slab of hydrogenated fat with some cacao, milk and sugar is considered chocolate.  ::) Bars with 70% cacao are called bittersweet chocolate and are the best of options, in my opinion.

Velma

Haven't been here (or anywhere else) much lately because I generally don't have much energy left at the end of the day. I will be so glad when I finally get my knee fixed. But, in the meantime, I've caught the crud going around at work.  :bleh:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on March 20, 2016, 04:19:23 AM
Haven't been here (or anywhere else) much lately because I generally don't have much energy left at the end of the day. I will be so glad when I finally get my knee fixed. But, in the meantime, I've caught the crud going around at work.  :bleh:
Sympathies. It's a lovely sunny day outside. I have a new camera. The dogs need a walk. I have a nice cigar. Can't be arsed to move. Must be flu.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on March 20, 2016, 08:00:50 AM
Quote from: Velma on March 20, 2016, 04:19:23 AM
Sympathies. It's a lovely sunny day outside. I have a new camera. The dogs need a walk. I have a nice cigar. Can't be arsed to move. Must be flu.
I hope you feel better soon.   :hug:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

I woke up this morning with an aching neck. I can't turn my head right without feeling pain, which is a real pain in the neck which is a reason to be really grumpy. :(

Guardian85

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 21, 2016, 09:31:55 PM
I woke up this morning with an aching neck. I can't turn my head right without feeling pain, which is a real pain in the neck which is a reason to be really grumpy. :(
:jaded rimshot:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Tank, Velma and xSP it sounds like you all got a case of the Monday flu...actually there are a couple of my co-workers not feeling well either today.

Hope you feel better...

Make sure you cover your mouth when coughing here on the forum, I don't want to catch it ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

Anyone ever dealt with tinnitus? I've been hearing a high-pitched ring for a couple of days now. It's happened off and on before, but feels worse today. I'm getting old  :P
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Firebird on March 22, 2016, 01:15:33 AM
Anyone ever dealt with tinnitus? I've been hearing a high-pitched ring for a couple of days now. It's happened off and on before, but feels worse today. I'm getting old  :P
I'm sorry, but I have no experience with tinnitus, however. I have dealt with a lot of old people. Are you feeling grumpy, stubborn, and impatient all of the time?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 22, 2016, 01:48:08 AM
I'm sorry, but I have no experience with tinnitus, however. I have dealt with a lot of old people. Are you feeling grumpy, stubborn, and impatient all of the time?

Not since I threw water balloons at the kids so they would get off my lawn.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Bad Penny

I don't think it can be dealt with, it's a thing better not thought about.

Pasta Chick

My dad has it. I suspect I do too, to a small degree. There isn't much you can do. Low level noise can act as a buffer, in that basically it gives you something to focus on that isn't the ringing.

Velma

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 22, 2016, 04:49:12 PM

My dad has it. I suspect I do too, to a small degree. There isn't much you can do. Low level noise can act as a buffer, in that basically it gives you something to focus on that isn't the ringing.
That's about it. At home, background noise from the television is usually enough to keep me from noticing it too much. At night, I keep a fan running. At work, since it is a bit industrial, that noise works to keep it at bay. However, since you just started noticing it, I would go to a doctor. It might not be tinnitus. Inner ear infections can have odd symptoms and don't always hurt right away. If you start feeling dizzy or off-balance, I would certainly see a doctor.