News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

I paid £104 on the Lottery last night.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Have only just seen this, you lot are all very very swet. X

Asmodean

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 11, 2016, 02:26:17 PM
Not The Asmo. He absolutely REFUSES to be any sort of sweet or cute or cuddly or other tongue-curdling adjectives  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Asmodean on January 11, 2016, 05:23:50 PM
Not The Asmo. He absolutely REFUSES to be any sort of sweet or cute or cuddly or other tongue-curdling adjectives  >:(

I don't know about anyone else here, but when I think of the Asmo I picture cute, cuddly kittens wrapped in soft, pink cashmere on a blanket of lavender silk, all in a globe of twinkling star bits glittering in disco lights while Abba gently plays in the background.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 11, 2016, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on January 11, 2016, 05:23:50 PM

I don't know about anyone else here, but when I think of the Asmo I picture cute, cuddly kittens wrapped in soft, pink cashmere on a blanket of lavender silk, all in a globe of twinkling star bits glittering in disco lights while Abba gently plays in the background.

:tellmemore:
Yes, I can actually hear the song, Chiquitita, playing in the background.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Essie Mae

Your being able to write that looks like things are on the up. So pleased for you.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Finally got some snow on the ground which means that everybody has suddenly forgotten how to drive. Got stuck behind a guy doing 20 under the speed limit in the passing lane.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Welcome to my life...  :(

Our problem is salt slush. You have to drive more slowly on that, and preferably be an experienced driver, but a lot of people simply cannot admit to themselves and the world that they are just not competent enough on weird road surfaces.

Cannot drive properly on slush, snow or ice? Stay home or take a bus until the conditions are adequate for your skills, is what I say.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

See the roads weren't even bad. There was a thin coating of powder but that was it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quite amazing how it makes some people be barely out of single digits speed-wise, no? Actually, in Norway, a person can and will be fined for driving way too slowly. 20(km/h) would probably be acceptable on a road with the speed limit of 80+, but doing half the speed limit on bare surface for no apparent reason can cost a person some coinage.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

That actually makes sense. I cannot wait to get out of this ass backwards area.

jumbojak

Most states have a reckless driving provision for driving too slowly, I think. Here it's 25 mph, unless you have a slow moving vehicle tag.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

First day of classes, probably just going to go through the syllabus in all of them. Spend over 700 dollars on text books and still saved about 300 thanks to Amazon. They are still making us pay 100 dollars for an access code to use the homework program in math. Gross.